• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilan

Wasn't saying that it was a counter. Was just saying that it could learn it. Plus, I do know about STAB and weakness/resistance modifiers.

I think I wasn't clear with my last post. Was hoping that throh could counter. It is 3HKOed with choice band, and 252 attack, using return and throh with 252 def and hp (but that is rarely used)

If he doesn't counter with 252 HP and 252 attack or 252 HP and 252 sp.d then he is not a counter.. (since no one will use 252 HP 252 defense spread).

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Aggron and bisharp are normally destroyed by superpower. Kingler falls to wild charge. So does blastoise and feraligatr
Throh looks like a good counter, since it is very bulky and can hit back with guts boosted storm throw/superpower. Priority users, like technitop can destroy it. On second thought, intimidate ruins it, so look towards hitmontop again.

Am afraid gliscor does get sky uppercut. Lv45 in bw2. Still not a counter though, due to ice fang.

Thought throh would be a counter, though.

Those are not couters.. couter is one which can switch into stoutland and beat it moves or pokemons which can't really do it (I think throh is 2HKOed by band adamant return) dusknoir is hit hard by cruch etc. you are also listing things that no one uses.. sky uppercut gliscor I am not even sure he gets the move (but he doesn't use it anyway so.. slowbro never uses focus blast.. and is hit hard by wild charge pinsir is 2HKOed by return.
just going to "top defense stats list" and just listing is not bringing true counters..

Give me 1 reason why to use thunder fang over wild charge and why not using choice band or 252 speed your sets are always really weird.

I'm already made the changes to my original post. Although I chose Wild Charge over Thunder Fang on my original post, Thunder Fang can cause flinching and paralysis while the stronger Wild Charge causes 25% recoil damage; which can be a problem when Stoutland's health is low against a Wailord, a Blissey, or any high-HP and/or recoverer pokemon in the long run.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I voooooote: Therian forme, landorous: did tht go already: i did tht wrong, right? Ah well, i put it out thereeeeeeeeee...........

Ilan

I'm already made the changes to my original post. Although I chose Wild Charge over Thunder Fang on my original post, Thunder Fang can cause flinching and paralysis while the stronger Wild Charge causes 25% recoil damage; which can be a problem when Stoutland's health is low against a Wailord, a Blissey, or any high-HP and/or recoverer pokemon in the long run.

If blissey and wailord are problems to stoutland then also magikarp is.
both are 2HKOed by most of stoutlands attacks (blisseyt is 0HKOed by an attack) and wailord sucks.
There is no reason in hell why to use thunder fang over wild charge.. so what if it have recoil did you know that when you fail to KO a pokemon it will hit you with an attack or a crippling status?
WIld charge can be replaced with ice fang though if you really hate gliscor salamence and dragonite.

^ yes you did that wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.