• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Companion Pokémon: Downfall?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
One thing I dislike in cameos is when characters return they don't get new pokemon anymore. When Dawn appeared in BW she didn't have any new captures from Hoenn. When Misty/Brock return they don't have any new pokemon (just Mega evo's), and that's it. May also didn't have any new captures from Johto but at least the sheer mass of evolutions made up for it.

Why don't the writers show old characters capture new pokemon off-screen anymore? These characters have now been traveling on their own for a long time, and they come back with no new Pokemon at all?

Then people will call it cheap and will blame writers for giving easy pokemon to companions without any development, some people were even blaming them for evloving brock's onix offscreen.

Kintaro

Banned
But that doesn't make sense since they're off-screen for a long time and on their own journies. Of course May and Dawn especially likely captured a bunch of new pokemon in Johto, Hoenn, etc. by now. They're on their own journies in new regions, we should have seen them come back with something. In AG they even gave Misty new pokemon like Luvdisc, Azurill and Gyarados...then they stopped doing that.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
people at least can't complain about gyarados because there was a pokemon chronicle episode where misty beat 3 cheating brothers to oblivion with her newly evolved magikarp

Epicocity

people at least can't complain about gyarados because there was a pokemon chronicle episode where misty beat 3 cheating brothers to oblivion with her newly evolved magikarp
But there are people who complain that she got handed Mega Evolution without us knowing why or how.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
But there are people who complain that she got handed Mega Evolution without us knowing why or how.
yeah....like seriously, why did the writers get kind of lazy and choose not to explain how both brock and misty found mega stones? at this point, I'm expecting brock to get a rockium z in the next episode

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
yeah....like seriously, why did the writers get kind of lazy and choose not to explain how both brock and misty found mega stones? at this point, I'm expecting brock to get a rockium z in the next episode
Because they wanted to give Ash and co. a challenge to them, but they don't have the main character status, so they thought it's not important for the audience to know how. I mean other shows/anime are doing this too, like Dragon Ball Super.

Kintaro

Banned
I don't think it's that big a deal they got Mega stones but they could have given them a brief flashback about it or something. Even something as small as showing how May evolved Glaceon, even showing her touch that ice rock in Sinnoh before she met up with the group