• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Comparison: Pokemon DP verse Yugioh 5Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenmarioman

Since this worked well at toonzone, I will give it a try here.

I would like to compare the two existing storylines in these anime. First, both air at relatively the same time everyday, one after the other. Not only that, but both are basically targeted towards the same major audience, the lower to mid range or kids, usually 6-11 here in the State, or a majority demographic of kids to teens in Japan. The following paragraphs are quick summaries of the storylines (Pokemon being the Galactic Arc, Yugioh being the Dark Signer Arc). There is more to each story, but if you wish to know more, watch the shows.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Dark Signer Arc
The storyline of 5Ds Arc 2 focuses on special people known as Signers, fighting nemesis known as Dark Signers. This battle is the same every 5000 years, with the Signers winning every time. However, one man tries to change the destiny by allowing the course of the Signer and Dark Signer battles to change, making it take too long for it to end (you know what I mean if you have seen the show). This man (Goodwin) then gains the powers of a Dark Signer by losing in a duel, or in the original he dies as well. Then he uses this and his brother's Signer power to gain the power of both the Signers and the Dark Signers. He has the power of two gods in a sense. His plan are to create a new world, destroying our own, and ruling this new world as god.

Pokemon Galactic Arc
As I understand, Pokemon DP centers around Team Galactic, who plan to use the pokemon Dialga and Palkia to create a new world, destroying our own, and the leader of the team, Cyrus, to rule as god.Team Galactic will do this by gaining the powers of three pokemon, known as the Lake Trio, who will then open up the gate to the dimension Dialga and Palkia exist in. The heros are connected into this as they were chosen by the Lake Trio to help them.

I have put the similarities in Italics. I may also mention that more people die in 5Ds storyline than in DP's storyline.

I can make one comparison of my own before I let you guys go at it. While Pokemon uses the Pokemon as the power to create a new world, 5Ds uses something else, not even related to the center of the show (cards), while Pokemon does use the creatures of the show (Pokemon) as a driving force in the storyline. While this isn't sloppy at all, it does beg the question of what else could have been created to drive the story.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Not going to work here because this is a forum all about Pokemon, not all cartoons.

//CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.