• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Compass Rose: Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Compass Rose:
Face-Off of the North, South, East, and West
Make sure you bring an Umbrella ; D

Shin'ou_Region.jpg

Welcome to the Compass Rose Face-Off, which will determine which Pokemon best represents the 4 generations. Compass Rose: Face-Off will have 4 Seasons featuring Sinnoh: the mystic land of the North, Hoenn: the firm land of the South, Kanto: the vivid land of the East, and Johto: the fragrant land of the West. Each season will be split into several arcs, which will then be accompanied by a season finale. When this Face-Off is finished, there’ll be 4 Pokemon Mascots.

The Seasons:

Compass Rose: Sinnoh of the North
Compass Rose: Hoenn of the South
Compass Rose: Kanto of the East
Compass Rose: Johto of the South

The Arcs:​

Oddly Great
Even Cooler
Typically Awesome

The Sagas

I’ll fill the sagas in as we go along ^^;​

Staff:
Owner: Alkaide
Co-Owner: [None as of Yet]
Tally Crew: [None as of Yet/Out of 2]

Banned:
None as of Yet​

Code of the Compass:

[The Rules]

• Since people normally put “The Forum Rules” as the first Rule, I’m going to be different and put “Read all the Rules”
  • Make sure you know all the Forum Rules
  • Follow the Forum Rules
  • Nothing SPAMMy or Off-topic that has nothing to do with this Face-Off
  • Don’t Tally if you’re not part of the Tally Crew [or the Co-Owner]
  • No E-Votes
  • Voting is once every hour, considering I don’t know if this thread is going to be a hit or not. Subject, in fact, likely, to change
  • Do not ask to become a Co-Owner, or a Tallyist. I’m somewhat new to Face-Offs, and so I don’t know all of the members who hang out in Face-Offs. So I’ll sit tight for a while and watch this and other Face-Offs to see who I can trust, and then I’ll make my decision.

Map Legend:

[Info]

• This is an umbrella Face-Off, as you can or cannot see from the different arcs/sagas.
  • This Face-Off is what I call a “mutt” face-off, because it combines different styles.
  • The main style used is a basic “Voting style”, where you vote for one out of two candidates.
  • Another incorporated style is a basic “Heal/Hurt style”, where you heal one Pokemon and hurt the other.
  • An unorthodox style created by me called “Survivalist Style” is the last style used, and will only be seen in:
  • The Oddly Great Arct
    &
  • The Even Cooler Arc

Now, for the stuff you really need to know. We’re in:

The “Compass Rose: Kanto of the East” Season;

The “Oddly Great” Arc;

And the “Exemption” Saga.

Rules: Each Pokemon starts with 10 HP. [I was going to make it 50 and have each thing be worth 5, but I figured I'd reduce it to 10 and 1.] Each post someone will post something like this:

Code:
Heal: Seadra, Pinser
Hurt: Charmeleon, Ponyta
Insurance: +Persian, -Bulbasaur

It may look confusing, but it's really not. You heal two Pokemon, and you hurt two pokemon. The insurance is where you vote for two Pokemon that you didn't heal/hurt. You give [+] a vote, and you take away [-] a vote, so if you're +Persian, Persian gets one vote. If you -Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur loses a vote. What gets confusing is the next part.

The poster who posts next gets to aprove what you healed or hurt [NOT voted for]. So the next poster's post should look something like this:

Code:
I agree with Seadra and Ponyta.

Heal: Seadra, Charmeleon
Hurt: Ponyta: Bulbasaur
Insurance: +Eevee, - Sandshrew

Whatever the person agrees with happens, but whatever the person DOESN'T agree with makes the OPPOSITE happen.

Now you may be wondering what insurance is for. Once a Pokemon faints, they can use their Votes to reincarnate themselves with 1 HP for every vote. However, so that this doesn't drag on forever, once it's been reincarnated, you cannot vote for them again. So they only have two chances. The last Pokemon surviving [thus being called Survivalist Style] becomes exempt from the face-offs, automatically placing a spot in the Odd Number Finale.

Everytime a Pokemon gains 5 HP [so 15, 20, 25, etc.] then the Pokemon with the lowest HP is automatically eliminated. [However, Votes can still resurect them]

As for voting privledges, check the Code of the Compass. But for easy access, I'll just restate it. Voting is once every hour, and no e-votes. However, leapfrogging IS allowed. Also, no tallying since I don't have any talliers yet.

Let’s get through the Exemption Saga and then we’ll start the Face-Off [officially]. Everything will be explained once we’re up to it. So happy voting! : D

An Archive:

• && // {-Empty-}

65258p-redbeach.jpg

Last edited:

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
I nominate #009 - Blastoise

I must say this looks like it could get good!

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Cool, people are posting! Anyway, I nominate Seadra, 117. It's not one of my absolute favorites but most of my favorite Kanto Pokmeon are even numbered.

Nominees:

Sandshrew
Eevee
Blastoise
Arcanine
Charmeleon
Seadra

4 more to go. : D

Last edited:

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Okay, 3 more to go. Keep nominating people! ; D

Nominees:

Sandshrew
Eevee
Blastoise
Arcanine
Charmeleon
Seadra
Persian

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Okay, and I nominate Pinser.

So our candidates are as follows:

Sandshrew
Eevee
Blastoise
Arcanine
Charmeleon
Seadra
Persian
Ponyta
Bulbasaur
Pinser

Now we'll start the official part of this saga. It's called Survivalist Style.

Each Pokemon starts with 10 HP. [I was going to make it 50 and have each thing be worth 5, but I figured I'd reduce it to 10 and 1.] Each post someone will post something like this:

Code:

It may look confusing, but it's really not. You heal two Pokemon, and you hurt two pokemon. The insurance is where you vote for two Pokemon that you didn't heal/hurt. You give [+] a vote, and you take away [-] a vote, so if you're +Persian, Persian gets one vote. If you -Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur loses a vote. What gets confusing is the next part.

The poster who posts next gets to aprove what you healed or hurt [NOT voted for]. So the next poster's post should look something like this:

Code:
I agree with Seadra and Ponyta.

Hurt: Ponyta: Bulbasaur
Insurance: +Eevee, - Sandshrew

Whatever the person agrees with happens, but whatever the person DOESN'T agree with makes the OPPOSITE happen.

Now you may be wondering what insurance is for. Once a Pokemon faints, they can use their Votes to reincarnate themselves with 1 HP for every vote. However, so that this doesn't drag on forever, once it's been reincarnated, you cannot vote for them again. So they only have two chances. The last Pokemon surviving [thus being called Survivalist Style] becomes exempt from the face-offs, automatically placing a spot in the Odd Number Finale. Note that Survivalist is the only confusing thing in the Face-Off. And other than this one, there will only be one other Survivalist. The rest will be your basic Heal/Hurt or your basic voting.

With that said, let Survivalist Style BEGIN!

Last edited:

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I agree with Seadra and Ponyta

Hurt: Ponyta, Pinsir
Insurance: +Sandshrew, -Persian

Last edited:

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I agree with Seadra and Ponyta, wow how ironic. :3

Okay, so not including the post I'm about to post now, the score is like this:

Sandshrew: 10 HP [1 Vote]
Eevee: 10 HP
Blastoise: 10 HP
Arcanine: 10 HP
Charmeleon: 10 HP
Seadra: 12 HP
Persian: 10 HP
Ponyta: 8 HP
Bulbasaur: 10 HP [-1 Vote]
Pinsir: 10 HP

Heal: Pinser, Persian
Hurt: Bulbasaur, Sandshrew
Insurance: +Charmeleon, -Ponyta

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
I agree with Pinsir and Bulbasaur

Heal - Pinsir, Arcanine
Hurt - Bulbasaur, Charmeleon
Insurance - +Blastoise, - Sandshrew

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I agree with Persian and Bulbasaur.

I made a mistake on my first scoring, Pinser should have had 11 HP and Charmeleon should have had 9 HP.

Sandshrew: 11 HP
Eevee: 10 HP
Blastoise: 10 HP [+1 Vote]
Arcanine: 11 HP
Charmeleon: 10 HP [+2] vote
Seadra: 12 HP
Persian: 10HP
Ponyta: 8 HP [-1 Vote]
Bulbasaur: 7 HP [-1 Vote]
Pinsir: 11 HP [-2 Vote]

~--~--~--~

Heal: Persian, Arcanine
Hurt: Bulbasaur, Ponyta
Insurance: [+]Pinser, [-]Sandshrew

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Bugwarrior: You only agreed with Bulbasaur and Persian, but you healed Arcanine, so you also agree with Arcanine. Just to make it clear you can agree with more/less than two. : D

------

I agree wtih Bulbasaur, Persian, and Arcanine.

Heal: Arcanine, Persian
Hurt: Ponyta, Bulbasaur
Insurance: Pinser (+), Blastoise (-)

After one two posts I don't see the need to tally again, so I'll tally later. ; D

Status
Not open for further replies.