• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competition for the Best Hax Set

Rhys29

Encore
5th Gen is right around the corner. New abilities, new moves, new Pokemon. But there are always combinations that can easily outclass the things Gamefreak created. First, some rules:

1. The Pokemon can have any ability apart from Huge Power, Pure Power, and Wonder Guard as this does not promote versatility (a Balloon Wonder Guard Pikachu is awesome, we know).
2. The Pokemon can have one move that it cannot normally learn. Illegal breeding combinations are included (ex: Azumarill can use Belly Drum and Aqua Jet but only by using up its haxed move).
3. It's too easy to put these kind of things on Ubers, and thus any standard tier Ubers are disallowed. Swift Swim Palkia, Speed Boost Rayquaza, etc.
4. If you've seen something done, don't do it again. We don't need a million Perversity Draco Meteor spammers or Simple Shell Breakers. If you do find a better candidate, perhaps let the original poster know.

Here's an example:
555.gif

Darmanitan@Leftovers
Adamant, Perversity
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- V-create
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Taunt / Hammer Arm

Little needs to be said. Perversity + V-create is an extremely dangerous combination. Sure, I could have slapped it on something with Overheat and gone to town, but V-create increases both defensive stats and Speed which makes it harder to take down. While also having base 180 power and STAB backed by 416 Attack, Darmanitan will smash through foes. Superpower hits hard and increases Attack and Defense while Stone Edge provides excellent coverage (I believe this is perfect coverage, correct me if I am wrong). Taunt is nice to stop any kind of status while Hammer Arm can provide extra Speed if V-Generate is being walled.​

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
5th Gen is right around the corner. New abilities, new moves, new Pokemon. But there are always combinations that can easily outclass the things Gamefreak created. I want to see what you can come up with, specifically if you can beat the set I currently have. First, some rules:

1. The Pokemon can have any ability apart from Huge Power, Pure Power, and Wonder Guard as this does not promote versatility (a Balloon Wonder Guard Pikachu is awesome, we know).
2. The Pokemon can have one move that it cannot normally learn. Illegal breeding combinations are included (ex: Azumarill can use Belly Drum and Aqua Jet but only by using up its haxed move).

I will post the set I have made when I have time. But for now, go to town!​

Pff, one move it cannot learn. It is perfectly possible to get almost any pokemon available in gen3 to have a moveset containg 3 moves it cannot learn through a simple glitch, though only one may be a 5th gen move.
True, these Pokemon are universaly considered too cheap for any type of play and thus banned, but it seems a little silly your hypothetical pokemon are more restricted then Pokemon that can be obtained ingame.

There's actually a metagame allowing the use of the glitch, although playing it isn't anywhere near as fun as thinking up movesets for it, because everything is just Sheer Cold Machamp and Spore.

But, anyway:
Sheer Cold Machamp: In the metagame I mentioned, everyone carries as many of these as they can. Machamp's ability allows it to hit anything except sturdy uses with the attack for a OHKO.

Spore DeoxysS: And these. Outspeeds anything not using priority attacks.

Transform Blissey: Not as good, but fun. Transform into anything, preferably high defense/low Hp things or shedinja and become awesome.

I Reckon You Silly!

Stalks the Shadows
Sorry to be off topic, but unless I'm unaware that Superpower changed, doesn't it -lower- the Attack and Defense of the pokemon, not increase it?

I Reckon You Silly!

Stalks the Shadows
Perversity would reverse the drops, making them boosts.

OOOH! That's a very nice ability then!

Thank you. :) I appreciate the update on the meta-game, haha. :)

Solid Rock Regirock. In the sand with a spread of 252 HP / 252 Sp Defense and a Curse this is how invincible it is..

Swampert EQ: 17.3% - 20.9%
Mixape Close Combat: 27.5% - 33.2%
Scarf TTar Superpower: 20.1% - 23.9%
Lucario Close Combat: 37.1% - 43.7%
CB Scizor Bullet Punch: 23.9% - 28.8%

Mixape Grass Knot: 28.8% - 34.1%
Scarf Heatran Earth Power: 19.8% - 23.4%
Offensive Suicune Hydro Pump: 30.8% - 36.3%
LO Starmie Hydro Pump: 42% - 49.7%

.. Skarmory Brave Bird: 5.5% - 6.6%

Curse / Recover / Earthquake / Stone Edge or Ice Punch shits all over anything that can't boost its attack.. or Toxic.

Edit: Simple + setup move is also terrifying. Nasty Plot Starmie, Dragon Dance Rhyperior, Swords Dance Aerodactyl.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Sheer Cold Machamp: In the metagame I mentioned, everyone carries as many of these as they can. Machamp's ability allows it to hit anything except sturdy uses with the attack for a OHKO.Can't get wonder and magic guards.

Spore DeoxysS: And these. Outspeeds anything not using priority attacks.What about Floatzel when it's raining knowing crunch?

Transform Blissey: Not as good, but fun. Transform into anything, preferably high defense/low Hp things or shedinja and become awesome.lol, true.

Comments in bold.

Basicly, no matter what moves or ability a pokemon knows, it can still be beaten. But, with of these new pokemon, abilities, and moves, you can basicly do anything(except for invincibility).

Back on topic...

Rampardos with magic guard and a focus sash. Give it Iron Defense, Recover, Rock Polish, and Head Smash and you'll be nearly invincible. Iron Defense bulks up your defense and you'd already be immune to special moves. Rock Polish to make you fast, and Head Smash to destroy everything. Recover heals you from you recoil. Focus sash is here to survive the hit when you use rock polish or Iron defense.

Rhys29

Encore
Rampardos with magic guard and a focus sash. Give it Iron Defense, Recover, Rock Polish, and Head Smash and you'll be nearly invincible. Iron Defense bulks up your defense and you'd already be immune to special moves. Rock Polish to make you fast, and Head Smash to destroy everything. Recover heals you from you recoil. Focus sash is here to survive the hit when you use rock polish or Iron defense.
How is Rampardos immune to Special moves..?

Eccentric Blissey. I'm adding it.

Pimp idea:
567.gif

Archeops@White Herb
Naughty, Simple
252 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 4 Speed
- Shell Break
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass/Ground/Ice] / Substitute

Shell Break + Simple + White Herb = A free +4 in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Tripling your offensive stats has never been more fun! Next, since you used up your item, why not throw on a STAB and no-item boosted Acrobatics which now hits at 165 base power with 1248 Attack backing it? Stone Edge is another powerful STAB, though you could also go for an overkill with Ancientpower and see if you can't get +2 in all stats. Last slot is for coverage or protection from priority which is the only problem I see with this. Tornadus would also work but doesn't have much other than Acrobatics and Air Slash to work with.​

I would run that on something more bulky. Pretty much anything can run Shell break + Simple + White Herb, why not do it on something that isn't 2HKOed by literally any STAB move.

lol, Shell Break Heatran. Tyranitar. Salamence. Lucario. Metagross. Ononokusu. Garchomp. Blaziken. Sazandora etc.

Technician Weavile. :)

Na but really. Nasty Plot Gengar with Aura Sphere,Agility Luke with Moxie,aaaaand Peversity Latios. Draco Meteor would be da bomb!!

windsong

WEST SIDE
Reshiram@Choice Specs / Leftovers
Modest | Perversity
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

- V Generate
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Ground
- Dragon Pulse

LETS GET IT

eronia

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Bold W/ Perversity
252 Defence/HP/4 Spedef

In sandstorm

Shell Smash
Rest
Toxic
Encore

Easily shut down, but annoying none theless

Nijaskills

Butterfly Dance Latias. BEAST.

Oh and Simple Scrafty. With Moxie ofc.

Simple and Moxie are both abilities, it can't have both.

Sap Sipper CursePert
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Careful Nature (+SpDef - SpAtk)
252HP/252SpDef/4Atk
Curse
EQ
Avalanche
Rest

Dattebayo

Banned
Charizard @ Choice Specs
Modest/Perversity
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Overheat
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
HP Grass/Solar Beam

Overheat helps along its Perversity ability, Earth Power takes care of Rock and Electric types (except Shibirudon and Rotom of course), Dragon Pulse for those nasty dragon types, and HP Grass for water types, or Solar Beam is you're running under the sun.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Haven't created a hacked Pokemon but: (An idea for one)

Blissey @ Chesto Berry
Speed Boost/MHeart
252 HP/252 SPE
-Death Gambit (lol)
-Thunder Wave
-Rest
-Protect

13_luckynumber

Smeargle @ Big Root

Prankster
252 HP/252 Spd
-Spore/Dark Void
-Leech Seed
-Agility/Rock Polish
-Nightmare/Dream Eater

or

There is 100% that you can Spore your opponent. With the new Sleep mechanic of 5th gen. This set is deadly cuz if your opponent switch, the sleep counter will reset and thet Pokemon will be asleep forever. And if it stays, you can Leech Seed then Nightmare/Dream Eater it to dead. Agility is not really necessary but if you want, you can use it to make sure you are faster then anybody esle. Dark Void is here cuz some Pokemon with Sap Sipper ability ( imunne to grass attack may get in your way)

or

Prankster
252 HP/252 Spd
-Spore/Dark Void
-Mind reader/Lock-on
-Horn Drill
-Mean Look

I think it can explain itself

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
spiritomb@any item
ability: wonder guard
252 special attack, 252 speed
hasty natue(+ speed - attack)
Dark Void
Dream Eatter
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse
Ha try to kill this pokemon. if you get close to killing it for some reason you'll get your dreams eatten. Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are just for doing damage.