• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Community Chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
taunt (or hp grass, or aqua jet) / waterfall / crunch / eq @ focus sash is kind of decent for sharpedo, i tried it in UU and it's not a bad lead by any means. not really a pokemon worth using outside of OU though (i tried it there as well and only idiots who let their azelfs stay in lose to it).

093.gif

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
sounds better. Though Ice Fang can be an option.

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
I just hatched a shiny timid drifloon. what ev spread should i use? He is goning to be a rain dance sweeper.
12 HP / 252 Def / 124 SpA / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
OR
144 Def / 252 SpA / 60 SpD / 52 Spe?
This is gonig to be a NU team.

Last edited:

spareux

maldición
new rules have a stupid order.
if the formatting is that much of a concern put it back to the start of the list where it used to be.
really should've just left mine up considering they've lasted 2 years. damn i miss being tochu.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
new rules have a stupid order.
if the formatting is that much of a concern put it back to the start of the list where it used to be.
really should've just left mine up considering they've lasted 2 years. damn i miss being tochu.

That was an accident tbh. In an attempt to bump, and give the rules to a current mod, the formatting post got deleted and couldn't be brought back so we had to redo it from scratch. Otherwise it wouldn't of been changed at all.

windsong

WEST SIDE
What's a good Pokemon for the battle Hall? I've tried Gengar and Salamence, but they aren't doing so well.
Anything with good speed, a varied movepool, and good mixed attacking stats (Salamence, Infernape, Dragonite, etc) all will win extremely easily in the battle hall. You should run a mixed set though, not a set that leans towards the physical or special side of the spectrum.

FaloChain

Forgotten one
Skarmory or Fortress

Which acts better as a physical wall, my team is listed below in sig.
Skarmory or Fortress?

I like the resistances that skarmory provides more than fortress however fortress seems to provide a sort of fall back offense for my team as well as rapid spin, where skarmory lacks the powerful attacks such as EQ and exposion.

Skarmory: leftovers Impish 252 def, 252 hp, 4 atk;227;
Substitute
roar
drill peck
stealth rock
Fortress: Leftovers Impish, 252 def, 252 hp, 4 atk;205;
spikes
earth quake
exposion
rapid spin

raymund

SofaKingCool
Which acts better as a physical wall, my team is listed below in sig.
Skarmory or Fortress?

I like the resistances that skarmory provides more than fortress however fortress seems to provide a sort of fall back offense for my team as well as rapid spin, where skarmory lacks the powerful attacks such as EQ and exposion.

Skarmory: leftovers Impish 252 def, 252 hp, 4 atk;227;
Substitute
roar
drill peck
stealth rock
Fortress: Leftovers Impish, 252 def, 252 hp, 4 atk;205;
spikes
earth quake
exposion
rapid spin

I would go for skarmory but what's up with the subtitute lol?

Based on the other pokemon you have on your team I have to say Skarmory is better simply because you have nothing else which can take a Ground attack, plus Forretress isn't even a physical wall. Being a wall requires more than just stats, you also have to factor in typing and presence of recovery (Skarm has Roost, Forry has nothing reliable.) Substitute is a bit odd on Skarmory and should be replaced with Roost. Also Brave Bird is usually more effective than Drill Peck as even though it has recoil it helps you beat several things which you can't otherwise. Whirlwind is the same as Roar in most cases, but in the rare event you run into something with Soundproof its nice to have Whirlwind. Finally try Spikes over Rocks as Swampert can set Rocks fine (assuming you have it on Pert.)

FaloChain

Forgotten one
Sub, then roar after rocks, actually not that bad for scouting out the other persons team while accumulating damage since roar has secondary priority. So if I run into something i don't like then it can be dealt with without to much cost.

Last edited:

raymund

SofaKingCool
Sub, then roar after spikes, actually not that bad for finding out the other persons team while accumulating damage since roar has secondary priority.

Why not slap in a roost or rest in there instead of subtitute?

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Say i just got my hands on a Max IVed Modest Glaceon. I have a good moveset, (Blizzard/Hail/Water Pulse/Shadow Ball) but i noticed somthing: Speed is a Waste of EVs, So where do i put the rest of my EVs? (I've put 252 in Sp Atk) I was thinking about HP.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Gaagh! Why don't people read the rules and use the ask a question thread? Did anyone believe shaymin was going to get popular before besides me?

ArcanineShrine014029

I've got a Scizor with an Attack IV of 26. Does it matter if it's not 31? He's already got an Adamant nature, and 252 Attack EV's.

I'm thinking not, but sometimes the little things do matter in fierce battles.

Me.

10char.

Me too...

Several people posted about how they thought it would be popular after Mence was banned, though I think that thread was deleted with a whole bunch of others not to long ago. People also talked about it a lot on Smogon. Shaymin making OU was no surprise.

I've got a Scizor with an Attack IV of 26. Does it matter if it's not 31? He's already got an Adamant nature, and 252 Attack EV's.

I'm thinking not, but sometimes the little things do matter in fierce battles.

If the rest of the IVs are good it probably won't matter, but for Scizor his most important stat is attack.. try to get another one if you can.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I liked using it when mence was there. It killed with HP Ice.

ArcanineShrine014029

What are some good tanks? I mean Pokemon that can deal good damage, whilst having competent defenses and HP. If someone could give me a few ideas, I'd be thankful for that. Maybe some annoyers, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.