• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Forum Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
biDFHU0.gif

Competitive Forum Awards

As was just announced today, Serebii now has a functioning awards system for those that contribute positively to the forums. This has been in the works for a few months now. Many thanks to EmeraldGoblin for creating the artwork for these badges.

These awards are in place so those that contribute to the competitive forum landscape can be rewarded for their hard work and dedication. Contributing to Serebii's ever-growing competitive scene is always welcome, so I am glad there is a system in place now for those to be rewarded for it.

Badges are rewarded completely at the discretion of me and Archangel. We will both be monitoring the forum and we will have a discussion on who we think deserves a badge before it is awarded. Asking for a badge on the forums, or bothering either of us on any xat community for a badge will immediately invalidate you for any badge, regardless of the contributions you have made in the forum. Any attempts to suck up to us will also invalidate you for an award, so please don't do it.

Below are the badges specifically for the competitive forum:

TournamentOrganizer.png
Official Tournament Organizer: This badge is awarded to people I personally handpick to host official tournaments. You will need to have a track record of hosting tournaments to completion in order to be up for consideration.

PokemonofTheWeekContributer.png
Pokémon of The Week Contributor: This is awarded to those that make regular, good contributions to the Pokémon of The Week.

CompetitiveForumArtist.png
Forum Artist: This badge is awarded to those that make artwork for official threads in the competitive forum on a regular basis. I will be the one requesting artwork. Do not approach me or you will be denied and invalidated.

CompetitiveForumContributer.png
Competitive Forum Contributor: This is for those that make regular contributions to many sections within the competitive forum. This can be in the form of guides or events that promote discussion in any forum.

CertifiedTeamRater.png
Certified Team Rater: This is for those that have solid grasp of the metagame and can translate that into solid team rating.

Getting a badge however doesn't mean you won't be able to lose them. You will still be required to make regular contributions for a long time after you get your badge, and failure to remain active will mean I will revoke your badge.

I will also like to make it a point that your post history can either work in your favour or against you. By getting a badge in the competitive forum, you are representing the forum. So if I catch you doing any of the following:

• With regards to the team rater badge, continually posting bad advice or ignoring the rules of the forum.
  • If you act arrogant and elitist to other members of the site.
  • If you spam.
  • If you engage in flame wars.
  • If you troll or get banned.

I will immediately remove your badge and ban you from ever receiving another badge permanently. If you already have a record of bad posts on the forum, or a lengthy infraction report (or if I know how you act in general), this will work against you if you are considered. Attempts to delete any bad posts won't work either as I can still see them (and see what date they were deleted on).

At this time, the list of awards is short, but the possibility of new badges being added to the database hasn't been ruled out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.