• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Forum Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Suggest anything (within reason) here and the competitive mods will consider what is posted in the thread.

Rule:

No spamming.
No flaming.
No forum name suggestions.
No tiering suggestions.
No Tutor program suggestions.
No Official League suggestions.

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
If it is possible, would it be ok to have a thread where the topic talks about pokemon that are yet to come in X and Y: aka Pokes still in the Pokebank. You see, it could talk about those pokemon's 5th Generation competitive sets and stats, and evaluate its performance on the current 6th gen.

But what could be applied on it is what are theoretically the other possible pokemon getting the new fairy type once pokebank comes in december.

Just a thought to probably consider. But its all on you to decide. Not really a request from me

Last edited:
Could we get a tier discussion thread like what we had in the 5th Gen Competitive Discussion section? Just somewhere to post updates to Smogon's tier list for those that don't regularly check the forums, as well as a place to discuss those changes.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Seconding this. Maybe it isn't all that important right now because we are in the early stages of the generation and still trying to figure out what'll be OU/Uber and what will be UU or lower, but since we just had Gengarite get a ban, it's coming up. Discussions of the type have been going on over at Smogon since October.

Since the 6th Gen RMT section is where all the RMT activity is now, I feel that some of the old RMT projects need to be moved there, namely the EV/IV guide, RMT nominations thread, and Lost Heroes project. We might also wait for a month or two and let the metagame settle a bit more before starting Lost Heroes back up, although to be honest, I think starting in January wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I personally would like to see the Battle of The Week return it was a fun time and it had a brief return a month or two ago but is now gone once again. I feel it would raise interest within the community

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I personally would like to see the Battle of The Week return it was a fun time and it had a brief return a month or two ago but is now gone once again. I feel it would raise interest within the community

I second this decision as well, but maybe different tiered BOTW as well, not just OverUsed.

McDanger

Since the 6th Gen RMT section is where all the RMT activity is now, I feel that some of the old RMT projects need to be moved there, namely the EV/IV guide, RMT nominations thread, and Lost Heroes project. We might also wait for a month or two and let the metagame settle a bit more before starting Lost Heroes back up, although to be honest, I think starting in January wouldn't be such a bad idea.

We were waiting for January to do the archieve and Lost heroes, I can move everything over tho in the next few days

I`ll talk to Ragnarok about this, I personally don't mind but i would like to wait till xy tiers are set so there's more options

Eaglehawk

Banned
We need an Articles section, where people can write articles about Competitive Battling.

This section isn't limited to just OU discussions. You can discuss any competitive metagame here. Besides, there's nowhere near enough activity in the competitive section to warrant making a whole new sub-forum just to discuss non-standard metagames.

I personally feel that when the CRMT section gets up in activity that the Archive should be updated. There is a pending RMT from January still awaiting approval

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I'd like to suggest not having a separate Nintendo Format subforum, as it's incredibly inactive. With the exception of Rotation, all also have simulator parallels, and it kind of strikes me as ridiculous that the main board is simulator-specific whereas official formats have sort of an unread niche.

If both were active, I could see it, but there doesn't seem to be enough activity to justify separating them out. It's all competitive Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Two separate sub forums exist in an attempt to reduce confusion. Say, for example, the "counter this Pokemon" thread. If there weren't desperate subforums, we would have people suggesting both OU counters and VGC counters. Combining the forums wouldn't generate more activity for the Nintendo Formats either, so seeing as it already exists, why so away with a good thing?

Cipher

Nothing to be done
It was admittedly posted somewhat in self-interest as I recently had a thread moved there (the only new one in six months), where I expect it to die, but on the whole it seems like a strange setup to me.

Mostly because there are 1) more formats than just Smogon's (which already has multiple tiers and metagames) or VGC, so you need to clarify the format you're discussing regardless. And 2) I have to think the lack of activity and forum separation have something of a recursive effect. Posts on Nintendo formats aren't responded to if they aren't seen; things aren't seen and discussion on Nintendo formats isn't furthered because the forum is known for inactivity.

I know I've thought about making Battle Spot threads before only to check that subforum and figure it'd been totally abandoned. There hadn't been a post in six months, with prior ones months before that. Generally subforums are made because there's so much activity on disparate topics in one place it becomes helpful to split off into different boards. If there isn't enough activity to need both, and especially in this case where clarification is an issue regardless, it just seems like a better promotion of discussion to merge them back together. And if there really are so few interested, couldn't those threads just come and go in the main forum without needing the clutter of a secondary one?

Opinions may vary; just explaining my reasoning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.