• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive play without stealth rock

Charizard would probably be used on Sun teams. Solar Power gives it 188 base Special Attack when Timid which is pretty crazy when you add a Specs, STAB and Sun boost on top of that. Even things like Kingdra and Blissey can not switch in on that power without being 2HKOed. Even Calm Chansey would have a good chance of being 2HKOed.

Main flaw is how hard it gets countered by Tyranitar and Politoed.

Psycho Cut

I'd say that, if anything would get banned, it'd be Dragonite.

Soperman

The One and Only
Yanmega would not be OU. It is too frail, and doesn't have a suitable move set.
Starmie might stay OU. It isn't only used as a Rapid Spinner.
Dragonite would either be banned, or Ice types would be more popular. Or both.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I would say that dragon claw and earthquake/fire punch would give it decent coverage, and at +2 in attack and speed, even lower power moves would hit hard and fast.

I feel like a bulky gyarados could switch in to either combo, skarmory could switch in on your earthquake combo. What you send in would just take prediction, also something to note I did not know; dragon is only resisted by steel types, making the fire punch much better option, and I now stand by you on saying it would be next to impossible to counter, especially late game. how much damage do you think a weaville holding a choice item (the one that increases attack) or life orb, using ice shard could do?

Cometk

west side
Which leaves it with 2 attacking moves, pick whichever 2 you want, their is a type combo that can wall it (and possibly phase it)

if i have dclaw and fire punch, your heatran walls me. if i have dclaw and eq, your skarmory walls me.

then good sir, why the flying **** did you send out starmie

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I sent out starmie because my dragonite (with a neutral speed nature) has been outsprd by a choice starmie after 2 or 3 d dances then ohko'd.

Zachmac

I feel like a bulky gyarados could switch in to either combo, skarmory could switch in on your earthquake combo. What you send in would just take prediction, also something to note I did not know; dragon is only resisted by steel types, making the fire punch much better option, and I now stand by you on saying it would be next to impossible to counter, especially late game. how much damage do you think a weaville holding a choice item (the one that increases attack) or life orb, using ice shard could do?
Yeah, Gyarados could work, bringing it's attack down with intimidate, then phazing it with roar/dragon tail.
Now all we need is an ice-type Stealth Rock.
Poor mence. D:

Cometk

west side
I sent out starmie because my dragonite (with a neutral speed nature) has been outsprd by a choice starmie after 2 or 3 d dances then ohko'd.

why did you keep dnite in

if the opponent was so giddy to switch in something as frail as starmie to threaten your dnite, and you didn't see leftovers recovery, you easily could've inferred it was scarf, which ,depending on the situation you were in, could've been used to switch / boost.

Zachmac

Well, Dragonite would be easier to revenge kill then Exca. If it tries to restore multiscale with roost, it'll likely take another hit. After that, it would take a good Rock/Ice move and a scarf.

Cometk

west side
Well, Dragonite would be easier to revenge kill then Exca. If it tries to restore multiscale with roost, it'll likely take another hit. After that, it would take a good Rock/Ice move and a scarf.

keep in mind roost alleviates nite of its flying type, thus (assuming you're faster at this point) something like stone edge from terrakion is essentially like being hit with a resisted attack when multiscale isn't in tact

Zachmac

keep in mind roost alleviates nite of its flying type, thus (assuming you're faster at this point) something like stone edge from terrakion is essentially like being hit with a resisted attack when multiscale isn't in tact
I said easier to revenge kill....Not easier to just take out.

Now that I think about it, you'd probably always have to sacrifice one pokemon, and then send out a choice scarfer/deoxys-s with a specific type move...Well, I guess it would be Uber worthy.

Ilan

I said easier to revenge kill....Not easier to just take out.

Now that I think about it, you'd probably always have to sacrifice one pokemon, and then send out a choice scarfer/deoxys-s with a specific type move...Well, I guess it would be Uber worthy.

sandstorm and hail cancel multiscale (of none rock,ground,steel pokemons) then it is still conterable also strong ice attacks still hurt dragonite they are *2 damage instead of *4 but they are still powerful and can KO dragonite despite multiscale...

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
sandstorm and hail cancel multiscale (of none rock,ground,steel pokemons) then it is still conterable also strong ice attacks still hurt dragonite they are *2 damage instead of *4 but they are still powerful and can KO dragonite despite multiscale...
Only if it switches in though on an attack. If it comes in after another pokemon is KOed it won't take Sand/Hail damage. And I've seen defensive Dnites take Ice attacks (or at least HP Ice) decently when Multiscale was still alive.

Vandslaux

Yeah, Gyarados could work, bringing it's attack down with intimidate, then phazing it with roar/dragon tail.Poor mence. D:

Flying-types not named Skarm to NU. D:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Baton Pass would be a bit more common, bringing Smeargle, Ninjask, and the like to higher tiers. That said, best if it stays so I continue to obliterate teams in NU with Regigigas (seriously people, it's that good).

Now what if Stealth Rock was a different type? What if Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes hit airborne Pokémon?

Zachmac

Now what if Stealth Rock was a different type?
The answer seems kind of obvious to me. If it was dark, less psychic/ghost. If ice, less dragons and Chomp wouldn't be uber, ect.
What if Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes hit airborne Pokémon?
Probably more phazing, stall, and rapid spin. Espeon and Starmie would be everywhere.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español

A world without SR?? Madre de Dios :I say hello to Speed Boost Yanmega to OU, and Volcarona to Ubers, even if they have some annoying weaknes. Both of them are gonna apreciate the ride iof SR as they're not gonna losse 50% HP everyturn .---.