• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 5.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for a set in Smogon, I really doubt someone plays Uber here. Also, now that I think about it, people are asking for sets here, that's what the Ask a Question thread is for.

groovitational skiing9867

trapeze teddiursa!
How's this Scarfscor set?

dpmfa472.png

Gliscor@Choice Scarf
Adamant
32hp, 252att, 224spe
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Ice fang
- U Turn

This has probably been done before. I thought I would bring it up because Piman34 asked about one. The speed outruns 176spe DDmence after a DD. Ice fang for dragons, Night Slash for Gengar and Azelf, U turn is to scout and Earthquake is for powerful STAB and Heatran.

I didn't put stone edge in because I don't think there is a poke I definitely need it for. I think he is a really good element of surprise. You would be surprised how many people think. 'Silly Gliscor What are you doing against my Scarftran?'

So anyway tell me what you think and if there's already a better set. (Also piman34 You can use this if you want:D probably won't work but whatever.)

piman34

All-around n00b
lol i don't know how well a scarf would do with my team, as it seems to be more defensive...but I'll give it a shot...I was thinking knock off would be a move I want, and that doesn't go well with a choice, but will give it a shot :D

Last edited:

Shadow_Blaze

How's this Scarfscor set?

dpmfa472.png

Gliscor@Choice Scarf
Adamant
32hp, 252att, 224spe
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Ice fang
- U Turn

This has probably been done before. I thought I would bring it up because Piman34 asked about one. The speed outruns 176spe DDmence after a DD. Ice fang for dragons, Night Slash for Gengar and Azelf, U turn is to scout and Earthquake is for powerful STAB and Heatran.

I didn't put stone edge in because I don't think there is a poke I definitely need it for. I think he is a really good element of surprise. You would be surprised how many people think. 'Silly Gliscor What are you doing against my Scarftran?'

So anyway tell me what you think and if there's already a better set. (Also piman34 You can use this if you want:D probably won't work but whatever.)

I quite like the set, seems effective. You should consider adding Stone Edge as an option as it results in a near definitive OHKO on Gyarados after Stealth Rock damage.

I'm not sure about this Ho-oh set.

Here's the set:
Ho-oh @ Life Orb|Leftovers
Timid nature
Pressure
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP|252 HP/252 Spd/4 Sp. Atk
Moves:
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Hidden Power (Ice)|Roost
Calm Mind

Thanks,
~OL

sachira450

i've got two sets for you guys to rate. One is an agility-gross and the other is a utility miltank. I need help with mainly the evs.

metagross@lefties
Ability:clear body
Nature:Adamant
Evs:44hp/252 atk/212 spd
-agility
-Meteor mash
-earthquake
-explosion/thunder punch?????
description:Lefties are to maximize tanking potential. I was considering life orb but i dont like the damage it does. Adamant to raise attack and lower satk. agility is the whole focus of this set. It raises metagrosses horrible speed to decent levels. meteor mash gets stab and has nice power. Im a little concerned about its accuracy but whatever. Earthquake when combined with meteor mash can at least get a nuetral hit on any type. its been hard to decide between exploasion and thunder punch. explosion get a Ko on everything but thunderpunch deals with bulky waters.
212 spd evs gets me to 198 spd so that after a single agility i can outspeed base 130s. 252 atk evs lets me hit harder. 44 hp evs is a filler.

now to miltank(not nearly as well thought out as gross but still pretty good...i think)

Miltank@leftovers
Ability: scrappy/thick fat
Nature:Impish
Evs:252 hp, 224 def, 32 spd-straight off of smogon :(
-heal bell
-stealth rock
-milk drink
-body slam
description: lefties to heal. having a hard time choosing ability. evs maximize walling potential and hp. Heal bell to recover others on team. Stealth rock to lay stealth rock. Milk drink for a recovery move and body slam to do damage.

Dig-kun

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Naughty nature
216 Att/ 112 Sp.A/ 180 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

The Att reach the highest jump point and the Spe is enough to outspeed Scarf Heatran, Modest Scarf Rotom, +1 Kingdra, and most importantly neutral 1 DD 176 Spe Ev's Salamence.

Thanks, but I was wondering if it wouldnt be better if I max EVd attack, speed (180)
and HP would receive the other points, cuz I thought of a salamence as a physical attacker in this case, wouldnt it be good?

That's a viable option but Salamence will get more easily walled. With the set I gave you, Salamence has perfect coverage.

Firehawk10590

Never lost a randbat

Here's the set:
Timid nature
Pressure
Moves:
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Hidden Power (Ice)|Roost
Calm Mind

Thanks,
~OL

If you really want to go for this moveset, you can. However, there are many better options on Ho-oh, and the 130 base Attack is the main one. CM sets, IMO, are fairly useless on Ho-oh due to its already outstanding Special Defense. Running a physical set is better because you get Sacred Fire, a 100 base power move that also has a 50% chance to burn. Plus, you're operating of an attack stat 20 base points higher, equating to anywhere between 36-44 points above the other stat (assuming the same EV investment), which is a significant amount. From what it looks, your set is directly copied off Smogon, and you simply changed the nature and EV spread slightly.
I would run:
Ho-oh @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Adamant
Pressure
42 HP/216 Atk/252 Spe
Sacred Fire
Return
Earthquake
Aerial Ace/Punishment
This is a CB Ho-oh, designed to hit as hard as possible. You hit 386 without the boost, which jacks you up to either 501 if you are using Life Orb or 579 with CB. CB is better because of the added damage IMO, but if you are afraid of getting Choice-locked into a move, Life Orb is an acceptable item.
Sacred Fire is there for awesome STAB and burn, EQ is for coverage and damage, Return is to put a hole in anything that does not resist it not named Lugia, and Aerial Ace and Punishment are filler. Punishment is better because of its ability to hit the ever-common CM-psychic type in ubers, and is your best option for that nasty Giratina, and Lugia to an extent. Aerial Ace is usable, but not recommended, because it doesn't exactly have good coverage. If you want a secondary STAB, however, Aerial Ace is usable.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.

Here's the set:
Timid nature
Pressure
Moves:
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Hidden Power (Ice)|Roost
Calm Mind

Thanks,
~OL

This is a rather decent set. I think either Reno or Tochu made this but it works quite well with Groudon support in the late-game.

Ho-oh@Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 204 HP/ 92 Def/ 116 Spd/ 96 SAtk
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Recover/ Roost
-Flamethrower

Will beat Blissey unless they have Psych Up. It actually has quite some lasting power against most stuff not Kyogre/ Palkia.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
251m.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
236 HP/252 Def/22 SpD

Stealth Rock
Recover
Thunder Wave
Shadow Ball

This Celebi is meant to set up Stealth Rock, spread status, and do some walling later on. You can really do whatever you want with the EVs and Nature, seeing as the LettuceHead's damage output is negligible without Special Attack EVs. Just so you know, 236 HP EVs yields maximum Leftovers recovery (gives 400 HP). You could also change the attacking move, but Shadow Ball will hit each of the Top 5 leads for neutral (except Azzy). Really, there's just so many things that Number 251 can do.

If you're wondering exactly what other kinds of things it's capable of, there's Trick Orb/Scarf, Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, U-Turn and Baton Pass, not to mention Hidden Power.

Max Attack Adamant Metagross Meteor Mash vs. this Celebi: 33.25% - 39.25%
Burned Max Attack Adamant Metagross Meteor Mash vs. this Celebi: 16.75% - 19.75%
Max Attack Adamant Metagross Bullet Punch vs. this Celebi: 13.50% - 16.00%
Burned Max Attack Adamant Metagross Bullet Punch vs. this Celebi: 6.75% - 8.25%

Max Sp. Attack Naive Azelf Fire Blast vs. this Celebi: 62.00% - 73.50%
Max Sp. Attack Naive Azelf Flamethrower vs. this Celebi: 49.50% - 58.50%

Max Sp. Attack Naive Infernape Fire Blast vs. this Celebi: 82.50% - 97.50%
Max Sp. Attack Naive Infernape Flamethrower vs. this Celebi: 65.00% - 77.00%

Max Attack Adamant Jirachi Iron Head vs. this Celebi: 21.75% - 25.75%
Max Attack Jolly Jirachi Iron Head vs. this Celebi: 19.75% - 23.50%
Max Attack Adamant Jirachi U-Turn vs. this Celebi: 51.00% - 60.00%
Max Attack Jolly Jirachi U-Turn vs. this Celebi: 46.00% - 55.00%
Max Attack Adamant Jirachi Fire Punch vs. this Celebi: 27.50% - 32.50%
Max Attack Jolly Jirachi Fire Punch vs. this Celebi: 25.00% - 29.50%

Max Attack Jolly Aerodactyl Rock Slide vs. this Celebi: 19.00% - 22.75%
Max Attack Jolly Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. this Celebi: 25.50% - 30.25

Barumpity bumpity bump.

Bumpily bumpiny bump.

Dig-kun

That's a viable option but Salamence will get more easily walled. With the set I gave you, Salamence has perfect coverage.

Ok, thanks
^^

Gonna train it this way

iRawr

I'm back!
Just checking...

Sorry if this is the wrong place. and please give me a link to where i can put my "Questions" For the future.

Is this Ninetales Worth keeping,
Stats at lvl 100: Hp 287 Attack: 243 Defence: 176 Sp.Atk: 178 SP.Def: 210 Speed:328
IV's: Hp:31 Attack:23 Defence:21 SP.Atk:31 SP.Def:5 Speed:31
Nature: Jolly Ability: Flash Fire

Moves:
- (Not decided, give me suggestions)

Q

This is a rather decent set. I think either Reno or Tochu made this but it works quite well with Groudon support in the late-game.

Ho-oh@Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Recover/ Roost
-Flamethrower

Will beat Blissey unless they have Psych Up. It actually has quite some lasting power against most stuff not Kyogre/ Palkia.
Crud. I made it to Timid. D: Oh well. Time to grab a Groudon then.

Oh, does this move set can work on Groudon?
Groudon @ Salac Berrry
Adamant nature
Drought
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw/Stone Edge

swampert55

I battle doubles on PBR online. Unfortunately, it is infested with legendaries. I find this a surprisingly effective way to strike back:

Sceptile@Choice Specs
Modest
SpA 252/Spe 252/HP 4
Leaf Storm
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
Seismic Toss

Specs Leaf Storm OHKOs Kyogre and Palkia. Focus Blast OHKOs Dialga, Tyranitar, most Heatran, and all non-sashed Darkrai. Outspeed nonscarfed Dragons and walk all over them with Dragon Pulse. It even 2HKOs Giratina. Seismic Toss is for quick kills on weakened enemies. Since opponents in random battles rarely EV train, Sceptile will outrun almost all nonscarfed enemies.

Note: Lugia completely walls this set; you could potentially kill it with repeated Seismic Tosses, but I've yet to see a Lugia in PBR.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Crud. I made it to Timid. D: Oh well. Time to grab a Groudon then.

Oh, does this move set can work on Groudon?
Groudon @ Salac Berrry
Adamant nature
Drought
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw/Stone Edge

It could but the thing with Ubers is that Kyogre being predominant and whatnot, you might find that your Sun doesn't always last for long if you don't give Groudon some lasting power instead of being a sweeper.

I suggest STalk. Or some defensive spread if you already have an STalker (with Wish support, naturally; and try Thunder Wave, seeing as how paralysis in Ubers is incredibly good especially when you're trying to set up something).

Rad3n

Banned

Is the SpA and Nature needed to beat Blissey with Flamethrower? I would think a physically defensive spread would be more helpful on a CM Ho-Oh given its Base 154 SpD, and though I understand that being offensive can be helpful, Ho-Oh can easily PP Stall a Blissey to death.

204 HP grants Ho-Oh 101 Subs, but also an even HP figure. I suppose it's okay given you are likely to have Sun Support... but Sandstorm causes a KO on your second switch-in to SR. Something like 15% of Tyranitar are Jolly in Ubers as well. I can understand wanting to Sub before they attack, but you only need (iirc) 24 Spe Evs for the more common Adamant ones, allowing you space for more Defence. Your chance of beating a Jolly Tyranitar is also pretty grim anyway, especially given that only DD-Tar seem to go for Max speed.

or... to Reno/Tochu... if anyone actually gives a damn.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Is the SpA and Nature needed to beat Blissey with Flamethrower? I would think a physically defensive spread would be more helpful on a CM Ho-Oh given its Base 154 SpD, and though I understand that being offensive can be helpful, Ho-Oh can easily PP Stall a Blissey to death.

204 HP grants Ho-Oh 101 Subs, but also an even HP figure. I suppose it's okay given you are likely to have Sun Support... but Sandstorm causes a KO on your second switch-in to SR. Something like 15% of Tyranitar are Jolly in Ubers as well. I can understand wanting to Sub before they attack, but you only need (iirc) 24 Spe Evs for the more common Adamant ones, allowing you space for more Defence. Your chance of beating a Jolly Tyranitar is also pretty grim anyway, especially given that only DD-Tar seem to go for Max speed.

or... to Reno/Tochu... if anyone actually gives a damn.

To be honest, Ho-oh may not even need that much defense. If you look at the few physical attackers in Ubers, i.e. Arceus, Groudon, Rayquaza, Garchomp, you'll find that Ho-oh loses out to all of them regardless of any Def investment, either due to Stone Edge in Groudon's case or due to Swords Dance. It might help switching into stuff like Metagross, but seeing how you already resist his STAB move, force him out easily and have Recover, what's the point?

You're absolutely right about the Spd; I wonder why I never thought of it before?

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
Heatran@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed/ 4...?
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- HP Ice 70/ Dark Pulse/ Overheat

just run the standard

Tran@Choice Scarf
Niave
252spatt 252spe 6att
Flash Fire
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
Hp ice/Hp Grass/ Dragon Pulse

ice for dragons, grass for bulky waters, dragon pulse for greater coverage while still hurting dragons+kingdra.

seeing as how nothing is happening, ill post, but not double as that would just be plain foolish.

dpmfa419.png

Floatzel@Focus Sash (FloatZelda)
Jolly
252spe 252att 6hp
Swift Swim
Taunt
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Aqua Jet

taunt to deal with bulkier leads, (lol i forgot, this is a LeadZel), aqua jet to get the jump on aero and azelf 'cos i tie with him. he then sets up Rain Dance and hopefully gets in a decent hit with waterfall/aqua jet.

i was thinking of running crunch for azelf (but i couldn't be stuffed doing the calcs). thats it.

comments?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.