• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 5.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

polelover44

Your Face
Bronzong @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SP. Atk/4 Atk
Calm Mind
Grass Knot
Charge Beam/Hidden Power Fire
Gyro Ball/Explosion.

It actually works.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
On Drifblim, switch Snore for Sleep Talk, so it'll work like Crocune. I guess that's viable, and there are no flaws with the set besides the seemingly erratic EV's. What exactly is that Spe doing for you? Like what numbers are your EV's hitting and why are they good? Actually, nvm. There is a flaw. Blissey is immune to your Stab. As is Snorlax. And a whole bunch of other things that would love to switch in on you. I don't see it working out, b/c Ghost isn't really a good solo-attacking type. If Drifblim had a fighting type move, you could replace Sleep Talk and only use Rest once and hope that's enough. Although Drifblim has like a thousand weakneses. Seriously. Ice, Electric, Rock, Ghost, Dark, are all very very common, and even are common among things that would counter you. Tyranitar immediately jumping to mind.

About Bronzong: Terrible. There are so many things that do the Calm Mind thing better. Cresselia, Latias, Blissey, Suicune... all of these are better CM sweeper choices. Bronzong has neither the stats or the STAB's to do that well. I mean it could work, but it's severly outclassed. The coverage is meh, the attack power is meh, and the Speed and number of things that can force you out are both limiting factors.

Both your sets are feasible, but outclassed. Sorry =/

3lmi

pimping aint easy
You never rated mine :(, anyways here is another pokemon that used to be in my team.

Gardevoir@
Modest
Trait: Trace
220 SpAtk, 68 SpDef, 220 Speed

~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball / Grass Knot / Focus Blast

Psychic for STAB. Thunderbolt for Coverage. Shadow Ball for fellow Psychics and Ghosts, Grass Knot for those Bulky Water and Nasty Ground types and Focus Blast is for Dark and Normal types.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I'd say leave Grass Knot out, and keep everything else. That way, you've pretty much got your bases covered in terms of weaknesses. Plenty of other Pokémon can pull off Grass Knot better than Gardevoir.

Danbaru's

Steadfast. I do.
Bronzong @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SP. Atk/4 Atk
Calm Mind
Grass Knot
Charge Beam/Hidden Power Fire
Gyro Ball/Explosion.

It actually works.

About Bronzong: Terrible. There are so many things that do the Calm Mind thing better. Cresselia, Latias, Blissey, Suicune... all of these are better CM sweeper choices. Bronzong has neither the stats or the STAB's to do that well. I mean it could work, but it's severly outclassed. The coverage is meh, the attack power is meh, and the Speed and number of things that can force you out are both limiting factors.

Bronzong can Calm Mind better than Cresselia and Blissey purely because of its typing. And it isn't weak to Pursuit.

Bronzong@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def/ 80 SDef
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Flash Cannon

It's not bad.

EDIT: And probably the only way you can get CMBronzong to actually be a threat.

You never rated mine :(, anyways here is another pokemon that used to be in my team.

Gardevoir@
Modest
Trait: Trace
220 SpAtk, 68 SpDef, 220 Speed

~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt

Psychic for STAB. Thunderbolt for Coverage. Shadow Ball for fellow Psychics and Ghosts, Grass Knot for those Bulky Water and Nasty Ground types and Focus Blast is for Dark and Normal types.

Inferior Gengar. Gardevoir can't do much aside from Wish.

Keaton

Custom User Title
^Actually, Gardy can be pretty suprising...such as this set I used to use..

Gardevoir(f)@Choice Specs
Modest (+satk -atk)//Trace
244 HP/ 48 Spd/ 216 Satk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power {Ice}

Epic coverage, plus she can jump in on foes like SpecsHeatran and Electivire ;)
But, it is gimmicky and requires a well built team around her.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
It is still an inferior Gengar Keaton, due to the fact that Gengar is faster, has more Special Attack, gets STAB on Shadow Ball, has excellent typing that allows him to switch in easier, and can work well on it's own.

As Danbaru's said it can only use Wish, or use another of it's massive support movepool, such as Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave etc, It is horribly outclassed if you want to use it as a sweeper.

Okay this is for platinum so if I should teach it a tutored move I can. This is my Scizor I plan to train so tell me if its good or if it sucks.

Scizor w/ Quick Claw
Adamant
252 Atk EVs 252 Def EVs 4 ? EVs what should I do here?

-Swords Dance
-X-scissor
-Night Slash
-Break Break

I'm not sure about the moveset but I definetly need Sword Dance. What about the item too? Please help me!! Also please don't recomend CB Scizor because I'm not using him. :)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Scizor wants 252 ATK, 252 SPEED and 4HP in EV's. Don't dump in Defensive EV's if it's meant to be a physical attacker.

The moveset is fine, because it gives you some great coverage. However, I'd exchange Night Slash for a move like Bullet Punch, or Pursuit. If you've got Technician, you can't go wrong.

Rad3n

Banned
You know what...

Blue Ace with his stupid god damn EVs said:
Swords Dance Scizor (Life Orb)

212-m.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Technician
EVs: In description
- Swords Dance
- Roost / X-Scissor / Quick Attack
- Superpower/ Brick Break/ X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch

Description
The premiere set that made Scizor a top-notch OU Pokemon. Swords Dance boosts its already formidable attack running off of an impressive Base 130 Stat.

Bullet Punch is a staple; it gets STAB and is boosted by the Technician ability even further to base 90 power. If Cresselia and Spiritomb are big issues for you then X-Scissor can deal with them after a Swords Dance, though as far as coverage is concerned Steel + Fighting would be the best option, otherwise you cannot hit Steel types for neutral damage. Roost allows Scizor to recover HP lost to Life Orb recoil, but Quick Attack is an option if you want to hit things like Infernape and Kingdra among others who resist Bullet Punch.

The choice between Brick Break and Superpower really is up to personal preference. Brick Break keeps Scizor's defense in tact and breaks screens. Superpower is far stronger and can OHKO Heatran and Magnezone switch-ins without a Sword Dance, where Brick Break will not. It will also have +1 in Attack after one use and will still be stronger than a +2 Brick Break.

Now to the matter of EV spread. The following spreads are all EV'd to outspeed certain threats that are crucial for Scizor to deal with. They all get minimum Life Orb recoil so you can attack 10 times and still survive with 1 HP afterwards.

- 40 HP / 244 Atk / 224 Spe
Outspeeds Adamant Max Speed Tyranitar, who can OHKO you with a Choice Banded Stone Edge. This EV Spread makes sure you can hit it with a Brick Break or Superpower for the OHKO.

- 120 HP / 224 Atk / 164 Spe
Outspeeds Neutral No Speed Cresselia and Suicune, allowing you to hit them before they can get another Calm Mind in, and ultimately putting them on the defensive.

- 240 HP / 216 Atk / 44 SpD/ 8 Spe
Underspeeds Neutral No Speed Skarmory so you can use your chosen Fighting type move and hit it for super effective damage as it tries to Roost off the damage. In addition, it outspeeds 4 Speed Vaporeon and Swampert. The 44 Special Defense EVs are simply extras and can be put into Defense as well.

the 216 Attack hits the highest possible jump point, though one can opt for using Max attack by foregoing all the Special Defense investment.

There are bulkier options, but that's what you want.

Okay thanks for the Scizor help. Heres what I've decided it to have:

Scizor w/ Leftovers
Adamant
Technician
252 Atk EVs 252 Spd EVs 4 Hp EVs

-Sword Dance
-Brick Break
-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch

Also (just a stupid thought) I'm wondering if this would work. Has anybody tried this?

Shuckle w/ Focus Sash
Impish
Sturdy
252 Def 252 Sp Def 4 Hp

-Power Trick
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Gyro Ball

So I send out Alakazam, do some sweeping, then use Trick Room. Then I send out Shuckle, use Power Trick, and kill. Just incase too it has a Focus Sash. I know it would only be for like 2 turns but that is still pretty much 2 OHKO's. Would this actually work?

@Weavile33: Okay thanks for the help, I'll try those and see if they work. I'm not going to use Life Orb because I don't have Roost.

Last edited:

weavile33

< - Pure awesome!
Why give Scizor the unreliable quick claw when it has bullet punch. Life orb for extra power or even lefties for recovery would be a lot more of a suitable option. Also Focus Band is unreliable for shuckle and if your worried about it getting taken out by a physical attacker (because of his attack/defense getting swapped) either give it a focus sash (as it would get ohko'd by a physical sweeper) or make sure to only use him on pkmn that only know special moves as he still maintains excellent sp.def.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Here is my Staraptor

Staraptor@Shell Bell
Jolly (+Speed, -SpAtk)
4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

~ Return
~ Brave Bird / Aerial Ace
~ Steel Wing
~ U-Turn / Roost

I just love flying types, pretty simple. U-turn if you want to switch or Roost if you can handle the fight.

I love the Competitive Single Rates 5.0 , it feels like home.

Dexprozius

OK can any1 help me make up my mind... Based on smogon's account's, the Scizor moveset that peaked my interest was "It's a Trap!" but heres all the options and junk

Scizor ;212;
Adamant
Technician

EVs: see later

Moveset:
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
-Roost?/(insert fighting move- like Brick Break)
-X-Scissor/U-Turn/Fury Cutter*

Ok 1st off, i've never used Scizor in recent gens. I dont know how well he preforms in speed and attack and junk but ive always loved him based on looks. In terms of moveset, my questions are thus:

1.Fury Cutter. The move doubles in power after each hit (up to 5). Can you give scizor the item that when held always makes multi hit moves preform full hits?. You get increased damage from technician and increased damage from it being bug(i think).

2.U-Turn always seems like an amazing move and much more preferable to X-Scissor... but is he fast enough to utilize it? IMO its only worth it if he can go 1st and do dmg while u swap to something resistant. Yes, i know it all depends on what im fighting but can you give me a general idea?

3.Is roost a more useful move based on scizors defense and typage or should i go all out attack? I dont want to make a swords dancer but i'm unsure on this slot.

IN Relation to #3: I dont know what EVs will preform best but the main reason i was drawn to "it's a trap" was the fact that they did (176 HP / 100 Atk / 176 SpD / 56 Spe). This balances out his lack of sp.def aswell as giving him more hp and boosting his atk/speed for stabs. However, I intend to focus my EVs to balance out w/ what my IV's lack. And in terms of IVs i bred over 100 scyther, got ~23 adamant technicians and the seemingly best 3 had the following IVs.

14 HP/ 31 ATK/ 22 DEF/ 19 S.ATK/ 28 S.DEF/ 19 SPE
OR
18 HP/ 15 ATK/ 31 DEF/ 8 S.ATK/ 23 S.DEF/ 28 SPE
OR
3 HP/ 31 ATK/ 31 DEF/ 8 S.ATK/ 1 S.DEF/ 28 SPE

i'd lean towards the 3rd one, but the lack of S.Def and hp is a concern =/ or should i just focus on EVs to make up for it, making the smogon's "it's a trap" EV build even better for it? I cant decide. PLEASE HALP SEREBII- for the lulz

TY for listening =D

Last edited:

Rad3n

Banned
So I send out Alakazam, do some sweeping, then use Trick Room. Then I send out Shuckle, use Power Trick, and kill.

In OU, there is no real reason to not just use Rhyperior. In UU, you are at the mercy of even more priority moves. Power Trick Shuckle works, but not as well as most things with Swords Dance.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Mamoswine@Choice Band
Nature:Adamant
EV's 252Atk/232Spe/26Hp
Moves
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Shard
Superpower/Ice Fang

I dont know which move would be better, I think Superpower cause he is going in a hail team so there are plenty of other Ice type moves?

desyple

rank 10 ranger
i need help deciding what to do with my dusknoir its
dusknoir@?(suggestion)
nature:impish
stats:210 207 401 130 353 126 in hp, atk, def. ,sp.atk, sp def., spd.
moves:thunderpunch, night shade, confuse ray, will o wisp

im looking for advice on what to do with my dusknoir especially in the movesets. thanks in advance.

randomspot555

Here is my Staraptor

Staraptor@Choice Band/Scarf
Jolly (+Speed, -SpAtk)
4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

~ Return/Double Edge
~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ U-Turn

Shell Bell is basically a poor man's Leftovers. You'd only ever want to use it in an Items' Clause situation.

But Staraptor doesn't do recovery too well because it's not bulky enough, and it's typing gives it multiple weaknesses.

Really, the standard Choice Scarf/Band sets are all it needs, and arguably Band could be replaced with Life Orb (and maybe make room for Agility on the set).

Aerial Ace is a relatively weak attack, even with STAB. It's advantage is it never misses, but evasion moves are banned.

Steel doesn't give you great coverage. Close Combat is a move that is almost always on everything that learns it.

U-Turn to get out.

As for the EVs, there isn't much besides the stnadard 252/252/4 spread. You can dump EVs into HP to take into account Stealth Rock damage. But any team using Staraptor, as far as I'm concerned, should probably have a rapid spinner anyway.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
i need help deciding what to do with my dusknoir its
dusknoir@?(suggestion)
nature:impish
stats:210 207 401 130 353 126 in hp, atk, def. ,sp.atk, sp def., spd.
moves:thunderpunch, night shade, confuse ray, will o wisp

im looking for advice on what to do with my dusknoir especially in the movesets. thanks in advance.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Moves
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Will o Wisp
It should be Pain Split but seeing that you probally leveled him up already you can't breed him again unless you get a different Dusknoir? So possibally Shadow Sneak/Confuse Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.