• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 5.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carcus

The Desert Spirit
Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate
Impish
252 HP, 144 Def, 96 SpeD, 16Att
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Explosion

I'm really not sure on the EVs or the hold item for this set, I'm also not sure on Zen HEadbutt.

Flannery

Fire PkMn Trainer
Strange.

242wm6.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 6 Sp.Def
-Toxic
-Protect
-Substitute
-Sing

This thing gets owned by metal types for sure, but I found it interesting.
Sing first, then toxic, followed by substitute and protect to avoid getting hit. I'd go from protect to substitute, then to protect again, to make sure they always work. Leftovers here in case the foe gets to land a hit. He can recover slowly.
This could own an entire team... if there are no metals. There are most of the time, Magnezone, Scizor, Metagross and Bronzong being a common sight, but that's what the 5 others in the team can take care of. ^^

I just came up with this, and being bored, I decided to post it, so you could tell me what you think about it. Effective or not? Should I give this a try?

Flannery

Fire PkMn Trainer
Can somebody help me with my flygon?

Flygon @Choice band
fire punch
thunderpunch
earthquake
Dragon claw

Choice Band Flygon should have maximized attack to increase its chances of OHKO against most pokemon, that would make it 252 Atk EVs. Earthquake is good here. I would change Dragon Claw for Outrage, for more power and KO chances, but that remains your decision to make since it keeps Flygon in battle for the next 2-3 turns.
You could consider U-turn as an option here too, to replace one of the punches, but then again, that depends on your team's strengths and weaknesses. If you have a fire type on your team, consider placing U-Turn instead of Fire Punch. I'd keep ThunderPunch right here since Flygon has a great weakness to ice and most water types bear ice-type moves. Thunderpunch could deal with them.
I'd maximize Speed also, since it's being used for attack so its defenses are weak. Getting the first hit here is important to take out threats.
Adamant nature is the best option here for 2HKOs.

That's pretty much all I can say. I'm not the best battler, but that information, I believe, is good. Maybe there are better options out there, maybe not. It all depends on your team and your style. Good luck, and I hope I helped. ^^

Dexprozius

Oh comon =/ he posts and gets a responce 40 minutes later??!?!. Wheres the love serebii ;; i wana start working on my scizor.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
You're not getting a response because you are asking too much, and only a small handful of people on these forums can address something of this magnitude.

1.Fury Cutter. The move doubles in power after each hit (up to 5). Can you give scizor the item that when held always makes multi hit moves preform full hits?. You get increased damage from technician and increased damage from it being bug(i think).

It's horrible, you shouldn't be wasting your time doing this, and really defeats this Scizor's purpose of simply coming on special Attackers, trapping, and OHKOing them, it cannot sweep and no one would be stupid enough to not have a bug resist or let you keep doing it repeatedly enough to get stronger.

2.U-Turn always seems like an amazing move and much more preferable to X-Scissor... but is he fast enough to utilize it? IMO its only worth it if he can go 1st and do dmg while u swap to something resistant. Yes, i know it all depends on what im fighting but can you give me a general idea?

This is what you want, U-Turn is STAB, and you can use it immediately to scout your opponents team, or for Magnezone who will come and ruin it's day, it will also put you 1 step ahead of your opponent.

3.Is roost a more useful move based on scizors defense and typage or should i go all out attack? I dont want to make a swords dancer but i'm unsure on this slot.

Roost or Light Screen are the only sensible options here. You should test both out and see which works better for you.

IN Relation to #3: I dont know what EVs will preform best but the main reason i was drawn to "it's a trap" was the fact that they did (176 HP / 100 Atk / 176 SpD / 56 Spe).

1st of all you shouldn't use this spread since it is for outspeeding Shedinja and the very very old Magnezone, both of which you will almost never see in OU.

I have a spread in mind but I will withhold it till the end of this post.

However, I intend to focus my EVs to balance out w/ what my IV's lack. And in terms of IVs i bred over 100 scyther, got ~23 adamant technicians and the seemingly best 3 had the following IVs.

14 HP/ 31 ATK/ 22 DEF/ 19 S.ATK/ 28 S.DEF/ 19 SPE
OR
18 HP/ 15 ATK/ 31 DEF/ 8 S.ATK/ 23 S.DEF/ 28 SPE
OR
3 HP/ 31 ATK/ 31 DEF/ 8 S.ATK/ 1 S.DEF/ 28 SPE

I definitely wouldn't use the 3rd one, especially since the whole point of Trapper Scizor is to be bulky, and the 3rd one is the least bulky of the 3

You should be using the 1st in my opinion.

And to compensate for the bad IVs your EV spread should look something like:

96 HP/ 104 Atk/ 252 SpD/ 56 Spe

The 96 Hp gives you optimal Leftovers recovery, coupled with max Special Defense will allow you to survive a wide variety of special hits thrown at Scizor, and the 56 Speed Evs with your Speed IV, is enough to outspeed 4 Speed Vaporeon, but if you don't want to outspeed it, then you can always feel free to move all of those EVs into HP or Attack.

darkwonders

Ok, so I have a scizor that I want to train, but I have no idea what four moves to put on him, nor what his EV should be. I have an idea, but it's not completely there yet.

Scizor @ ???
Adamant (+Atk - SAtk)
Technician
Bullet Punch
X-scissor/U-turn
Brick Break
Swords Dance (maybe) /Ariel Ace (For the later stages when I need 100% accuracy) / Roost (To heal since I have no leftovers)

Right now my Scizor is for the battle tower. But I might as well make him competitive worthy. If I put EVs into Speed, what pokemon would he be able to outspeed? Since his speed isn't the greatest, I don't see much of a point in putting it in there. I might as well put some into his Health, Atk, Def, and maybe his SDef.

I cannot put leftovers on him as my heatran already has that. If I put life orb on him, then I'd probably go the Roost route. I just don't want to use rashly throw roost on a pokemon as I might want to use it on a Togekiss I raise later. And I don't think i'll be able to breed Roost onto Togekiss as Togepi can't learn it via TM. So some help would be great.

I'm thinking of using this spread

108 HP / 74 Atk / 128 Def / 200 SDef

His attack is already pretty high, so it should only need an 18 pt boost...
What do you think? Am I being stupid for not putting any speed into him?

I'd probably use X scissor if I don't put speed on him. I'd only switch him out when I predict a fire attack, and there aren't any pokemon that can learn a fire attack around the same speed as Scizor that I can recall.

Carcus

The Desert Spirit
Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate
Impish
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Explosion

I'm really not sure on the EVs or the hold item for this set, I'm also not sure on Zen HEadbutt.

Sorry to post again but I've made some slight changes.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Levitate
Impish
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Quake
-Explosion

Really need help on the held item and EV spread.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
So many Scizors.... anyway Kingdra was always one of my favorites pokemon,

Kingdra@Leftovers
Naughty / Lonely
Trait: Sniper
220 Atk, 220 SpAtk, 68 Speed

~ Waterfall
~ Outrage
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam

A mixed Kingdra, it hits neutral on lots of things. Hydro pump is for defensive steels
(Skarmory, Forretress, Metagross), while Waterfall is for Heatran. Outrage for STAB and Ice Beam is for Dragon/Grass/Flying types. What I like about Kingdra is only one weakness which is Dragon.

Rad3n

Banned
Ice Beam is pointless when you can just run Draco Meteor. It hits non-steel Special Walls harder than Hydro Pump, and will KO any Dragons you're afraid to outrage on. Of course, I see little reason to not run Dragon Dance over Ice Beam. That way you have some speed and attacking power. I also question the use of Sniper. Crits from Kingdra will kill most enemies anyway, and you'll get more use out of Dominating opposing Rain Dance teams.

Cbf commenting on EVs and Nature.

Dexprozius

Thanks to Blue Ace i have my scizor completed now ^^, if anyone would help me decide between some minor choices on my Aggron thatd be awsome.

Aggron ;306; - Leftovers - Rock Head(no recoil; since no1 uses 1HKO moves)
0 Speed IVs

Moveset:
Metal Burst
Curse
Avalanche
Stone Edge/Aqua Tail/Double-Edge/Earthquake/Iron Head

Not sure on EVs thinking 252 atk 252 hp 6 hp tho

Plz give me any tips, thoughts, and suggestions. Also cant decide on the 4th slot =/. For some reason many movesets include focus punch for aggron, which makes no sense to me cuz hes slow.. so wouldnt he always get hit and flinch before punching?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Dex:

Aggron @ Lefties
Rock Head
- Curse
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Avalanche

I'd prefer that set for Aggron. In your case, I'd put in 252 ATK, 252 HP and 6 DEF, or you can take some HP EV's and put them into Defence, it's your call.

Now, I'd like someone's opinion on a Gengar I've recently aquired.

[img139]http://veekun.com/dex-images/dp/shiny/094.png[/img139]
Shiny Gengar, female
Nature: Mild (+SA -D)
Item: Leftovers
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Toxic

Thinking of replacing Toxic, but what with? Any suggestions would be quite appreciated~

I agree with Keaton, Explosion > Toxic. That's really an understatement, Explosion > all non-banned *cough* Double Team *cough* moves and all moves not called Spore/Dark Void. Btw, use a Choice Scarf of a Life Orb, preferably the former.

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
Kingdra's Knight Scarf

;230;
Kingdra @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Docile
EVs: 2 HP / 88 Atk / 40 Def / 88 Sp.A / 40 Sp.D / 252 Spe
IVs: 31 Atk / 31 Sp.A / 31 Spe (I've done it twice. I'm patient enough to wait at the Daycare Center and do it again.)
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Outrage

This is basically the Mixed Attacker of my team. I'm using the Dragon-Water combination for standard coverage and for neutral STABed damage. I'm using one set for the physical side and one set for the special side.

EVs:
I maxed out Speed... And yes, I am aware that with this set-up, Kingdra would only reach up to 403 Speed without rain...
I didn't want to sacrifice any of his stats to increase his speed. When I tried, I ended up not being satisfied with the numbers.
To compensate, I allotted some EVs to his defensive stats to help him survive better.

Swift Swim... You can assume that Kingdra will have his Rain Dance support, thus making his speed stat higher than 403...

For those who will rate, thank you for your time and consideration. (Insert Smiley Here)

Carcus

The Desert Spirit
139.png

Omastar @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 Def
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Stone Edge
~ ???

141.png

Kabutops @ Damp Rock
Nature: Adamant
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Spd
~ Rain Dance
~ Waterfall
~ X-Scissor
~ Stone Edge

I was hoping for some help on Omaster's last move and on the EV spreads. Also if there's perhaps a better alternative to using Kabutops.

Edit: This is for an UU team.

Last edited:

Shiznaz

Regi-Worshipper
Team Halp- Opinion/Discuss: PM if possible

Infernape@Fist plate/Focus Sash
Jolly 252atk/speed 6hp
Close Combat
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
Mach Punch/Grass Knot
U-Turn

Bronzong@Leftovers/Macho Brace Levitate
Relaxed 252HP 128/128 def/sp.def
Stealth rock
Gyro Ball
Hypnosis/Extrasensory
Explosion

Dusknoir@Leftovers (Pretty set on him)
Impish 252HP 128def/spdef
Pain Split
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Will-O'-Wisp

Drapion@Scope Lens Sniper
Adamant 252atk/speed
Cross Poison
EQ
Ice Fang
Night Slash

Regice@Leftovers
Calm 252HP/Def 6spdef
T-bolt
Ice Beam
T-Wave
Flash Cannon/Explosion (Confuzzled on this choice, I have no steel moves)

Rhyperior@Not Sure Solid Rock
Jolly 252atk/speed 6def
Rock Polish
Megahorn/Aqua Tail
Stone Edge
EQ

4xWeaknesses
1xGrass/Water (Rhyperior)

2xWeaknesses
1x of Wtr/Ice/Fly/Psy/Rck/Gst/Drk
2x of Fire/Fgt/Stl
3x of Ground

Edit: Not a specific Tier team, just general advice.

Thanks for the input in advance~

desyple

rank 10 ranger
is this electivire already fully ev trained??

Electivire lv 65 @ ?
nature: adamant
stats:203, 235,107,124,131,164 in hp, atk, def, spatk.,spdef, spd
moves: t.punch, i. punch, cross chop, earthquake

if it isnt what should i do to ev train it and if it is what do i do now to get it to level 100 or what should i do?? thanks in advance.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
there's no way to tell from the stats, but since it's level 65 it means that it has been in fights, and thus it has EV's. Go to the Sunnyshore sitcker market and ask the lady when your Electivire is in the front spot. if she gives you a ribbon, your Electivire is full on EV's. It's gained 15 levels, so it probobally is.

Sorry, but I think that Electivire is scrwed. It's also from PBR, so it's probobally trash. It would take a lot of Soft Reseting to get a good Electivire from PBR, and if you had you would have posted it's IV's, which you didn't. So I'm pretty certain that this Electivire isn't gonna work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.