• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Yup and that's why he's banned to ubers.

@grapes: fancy seeing you here ;), also regarding your set you need something that can hit steels... Try brick break somewhere.

Ummm I'm sure I saw somewhere that Ground can SE Steels. Now where was it?... Oh yeah, the game

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
XD, I totally read that too fast lol. For some reason I though you said return o_O, perhaps I need new glasses.

Good set though.

XD, I totally read that too fast lol. For some reason I though you said return o_O, perhaps I need new glasses.

Good set though.

rofl thanks

heres another one ;)

448.gif

Lucario @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive (+spd -Sdef)
Ev's: 252spd / 188atk / 64Satk / 4hp OR 252spd / 252atk / 4hp
Ability: Inner Focus
~ Swords Dance/Agility
~ Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Drain Punch/Sky Uppercut
~ Extremespeed/Bullet Punch
~ Blaze Kick

Lucario has great stats in both attacking ranges so i decided to make him mixed but I want you opinion on this though. He has amazing statsgivingimmediate power even without a SD so I just SD/Agility whenever I have afree turn Slot 2 is what makes him mixed but I put some other options in incase I should change it. Slot 3 gives me some much needed priotityshould I not get an Agility in. Slot 4 gives me some much needed coverage.

oh and btw if you have a volcarona with QD, dual STABS, what should the last slot be?

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Hmm nice, I would use dark pulse for the second slot, extreme speed for the third and close combat/HJK for the third. Then maybe work up for the first. That's the one I'm unsure on...

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Well mine has psychic.

Edit: HP rock, electric or iceis good though.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
479-m.png

Rotom-M @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
-Leaf Storm
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Rock]
-Volt Switch / Trick

The end-all-be-all answer to bulky Water types. Hit a Water/Ground type with STAB Leaf Storm and anything else with Thunderbolt. Hidden Power [Rock] covers Rotom-M's Fire, Ice and Bug weaknesses. Finally, Volt Switch lets you get a favorable matchup or Trick lets you cripple walls. The 252 Defense EVs allow it to wall Swampert and Quagsire, but more Sp Def bulk could be useful. I guess that's why I want it rated though.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Max HP instead or def and use bold nature, also definitely use trick over volt switch.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Because rotor isn't powerful enough to sweep, what it does best is taking out Walls and tricks helps it do that.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español

Here is mine :3
:637:
Volcarona @I don't really know what to use xD
Trait: Flame Body
Timid (+Speed / - Attack[I know everybody here knows that is just a thing that i like n.nU)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
» Quiver Dance
» Psychic
» Flamethrower
» HP Bug (Would be replace with Bug Buzz)
Also is currently Level 61 n.nU

Last edited:

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
The only thong I see is the choice of fire move. Also use a life orb for extra damage but anyways, you could use fiery dance for the sp attack boost, or fire blast for sheer power. It's really your choice.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
The only thong I see is the choice of fire move. Also use a life orb for extra damage but anyways, you could use fiery dance for the sp attack boost, or fire blast for sheer power. It's really your choice.

Ok so I'm gonna replace Flamethrower with Fiery Dance when she reaches Lv 100 and add a Life Orb n__n Thank you

SazandoraMASTER

♥ PSG ♥
Zapdos
-Toxic
-Sky Drop
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Not sure if Sky Drop is banned ._. If it is, tell me and suggest another Toxic-Stalling set :3

Cometk

west side
479-m.png

Rotom-M @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunderbolt
- Trick

252 SpA is obvious. 164 Spe let's you outspeed all the Pokémon that EV to outrun the Jolly Tyranitar mark. The rest can be thrown into HP for taking hits better. And yeah, what Cheeselord said, always EV in HP before going into other defenses, especially if you have a low HP base stat. Volt Switch is way better than Thunderbolt for a choice set since it let's you keep the momentum in favor of your side. The drop in power doesn't matter at all when they bring in their Virizion to take the Thunderbolt, so being able to switch out with impunity is greatly appreciated. Trick is really useful too for crippling walls that come in like Blissey and Ferrothorn. Not to mention Volt Switch works really well in tandem with Trick. Hidden Power Fire works for straight up killing Ferrothorn who hardwalls you otherwise, but you have Heatran on your team so after you Trick the Ferrothorn you could just Volt Switch out to him. Thunderbolt can also be used for cleaning up late in the game and for whatever other reason.

Last edited:

S k y

Damn it!
So here's mine

392.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge/ThunderPunch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
252 SpA is obvious. 164 Spe let's you outspeed all the Pokémon that EV to outrun the Jolly Tyranitar mark. The rest can be thrown into HP for taking hits better.

Thanks, Cometk. I'll take your suggestion. Just one thing, Smogon's writeup says to run 144 Speed, but that assumes a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs. I ran the calculations and figured I should maybe go even higher than what you said and go to 88/168 in order to hit an even 250. How much Speed is really "necessary" on him, and how much is superfluous?

While I'm posting, here's one more set.

;059; Arcanine @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Morning Sun

Between the Life Orb and the recoil from Flare Blitz, he'd be 2HKOing himself, so Morning Sun is critical. Therefore, with Sun support, this is a proven effective sweeper and has been widely used. But I'm not running a sun team, so any Sun support would be coincidental. How well would this set function without Sun? Also, Intimidate or Flash Fire?

So here's mine

392.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge/ThunderPunch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

The set looks solid except for the ability. It would only effect Thunderpunch, which you have as your second slash. Given how frail he is, Blaze would probably be better, as the Life Orb plus Flare Blitz recoil would bring you in that range pretty easily. I think Infernape is a little frail to be attempting to set up with either SD or Nasty Plot, but it's been proven effective, so go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.