• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilan

Use Jolly over adamant. Mach Punch Conkel and nape will rape that set but seems good. Other pranksters are better. Frail as hell but can be used in RU i think.

He is a lead so probably he won't see those pokemons IICR lead infernape have close combat, but then you switch and ruin it with jellicent or something.
I know lead don't exist today but it's a nice start of the battle ruining a pokemon (as long it doesn't have a cleric).
It is also mainly for UU anyway (need to beware of hitmontop though), jolly is an option cause whimsicott is in UU too and I sure want to taunt it before it taunt me.

I think I will run kolly once it's released.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Speed is best with prankster because as you said it needs to stop Whims.. Liepard is realy rare but now it might be used more often, not OU but common UU.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^LOLWUT! Why would he use jolly when all of his moves had priority? Even with jolly you probably don't outrun whimsicott anyway. Anywayz, set looks fine, he's mostly outclassed as a prankster by sableye though.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Hariyama @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: +252 Hp +252 Atk +4 Sp Def
Ability: Thick Fat

Rest
Bullet Punch
Thunder Punch
Close Combat

My team is weak to ice and lacks priority moves. So this pretty much covers both. Hary's high HP and Thick Fat can absorb a lot of ice type attacks and Bullet Punch can pretty finish off anything I need it to due to Hariyama's decent attack poewr. I'm not afraid to use Close Combat because its defenses already aren't that great, and I'm probably gonna be switchin out after him anyway. One member on my team already has leftovers so I can't use them for Hary. Thunder Punch is there for additional coverage to flying types, assuming they don't OHKO me first. Not afraid of Psychic types because I have a dark type on my team.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
My question is, wat'll you do with the para-hax clause? taunt & SP will only last so long. fake out's one-turn-timing.

Zachmac

Hariyama @ Chesto Berry
EVs: +252 Hp +252 Atk +4 Sp Def
Ability: Thick Fat

Rest
Bullet Punch
Thunder Punch
Close Combat

My team is weak to ice and lacks priority moves. So this pretty much covers both. Hary's high HP and Thick Fat can absorb a lot of ice type attacks and Bullet Punch can pretty finish off anything I need it to due to Hariyama's decent attack poewr. I'm not afraid to use Close Combat because its defenses already aren't that great, and I'm probably gonna be switchin out after him anyway. One member on my team already has leftovers so I can't use them for Hary. Thunder Punch is there for additional coverage to flying types, assuming they don't OHKO me first. Not afraid of Psychic types because I have a dark type on my team.
Haryama is one of those rare cases where you want more def/sp.def then HP EVs, like wailord. Close Combat lowers stats, so it might not be the best option for a slow tank. Revenge, maybe? If not, try cross chop.

Last edited:

midend

Haryama is one of those rare cases where you want more def/sp.def then HP EVs, like wailord. Close Combat lowers stats, so it might not be the best option for a slow tank. Revenge, maybe? If not, try cross chop.

Revenge is a good choice as Hariyama would most likely get hit before hand, seeing that its defenses are basically bait for straightforward attacks instead of setting up to finish it off quickly. Counter is another option too, with such average defenses and high HP.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Stone Edge

What do you guys think of this set?

midend

- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Stone Edge

Looks okay for a defensive lead- If you want you can replace pursuit for a surprise catch on leads like azelf or frostlass which should take a huge chunk out of it even if it is bulky defensive (most of which are)

I don't personally like stone edge on your set, as your set is totally resisted by Fighting types. Unless you're trying to survive a hit and roar them out, Chople berry sees less use here. Then again if you're facing Skarmory you're walled again anyway. Thunder Fang is a weaker alternative for the steel bird and water leads (politoed?).

My friend tried something fun: hiding the move roar and using screech instead. Forced a switch-in along with free stealth rock damage. It's up to you though, Earthquake is a viable option too.

Zachmac

This is for double battles.
Carracosta@Lum Berry
Jolly/200att/56sp.a/252spe
-Shell Smash
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Surf

Jolly since I'm to lazy to breed Hasty or Naive. It does have fake out support, helping it get shell smash up. After a shell smash, it becomes one a good set-up sweeper for doubles. Lum berry removes thunderus's thunderwaves, and Rock Slide is STAB that hits two enemies. Earthquake will also hit two enemies, and provide coverage for rock slide. Surf is it's final STAB, allowing it to be a mixed sweeper and hit two enemies.

Archeops is one of it's teammates, when it must use EQ, but has a pokemon that resist it, Archeops will smack it with as STAB stone edge, and use protect as it uses surf.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
I'd like to try this Typhlosion set:

;157; @ leftovers
nat: modest
250spd/252spatk/6hp

moves:
- sunny day
- solarbeam
- fire blast/heat wave/overheat
- toxic/protect

standard SD setup. toxic/protect as the filler.
which one for the STAB though? I'm leaning towards heat wave..

midend

I'd like to try this Typhlosion set:

;157; @ leftovers
nat: modest
250spd/252spatk/6hp

moves:
- sunny day
- solarbeam
- fire blast/heat wave/overheat
- toxic/protect

standard SD setup. toxic/protect as the filler.
which one for the STAB though? I'm leaning towards heat wave..

This will not survive long enough to make use of sunny day - it will probably get crushed in 2 turns. You are better off utilizing ninetales as a partner for sun. Beware of SR though. IF you really want to use it as a sun starter, replace leftovers with heat rock - even when it is down, your allies (hopefully) can take advantage of the extra turns of strong sunlight.

EVs should be 252 SPA, 252SPE, 4 HP.

Typo @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature (+SPA, -ATK)
EV 252SPA/36SPD/220SPE (for HP rock)
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Eruption/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Focus Blast/HP Rock

To be honest, the sunny day set is terrible. Eruption can be used when you can't spare a turn to setup Sunny Day. Fire Blast and flamethrower are stronger as Typo takes hits from the enemy.

HP Rock can be used to counter foes like Houndoom, Arcanine and other Fire brethen.

Typo has such a limited movepool its almost hilarious to start suggesting the physical side.

Here's a more logical Typo, without employing Sunny Day:

Typo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EV 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- HP Rock

Simple. You pick and attack, hit as hard as you can, then get the hell outta there when a counter comes in. Needs some team support though, it is far better and more efficient than the SDay set.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Stone Edge

take off roar no one uses it and give it earthquake for coverage and STAB

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Ice beam is also an option if you wanted to go mixtar(or even if you didn't)

Xenevix

Some Guy
Musharna @ Focus Sash
Nature: Sassy
EVs: +252 HP +252 Sp Def +4 Sp Atk
Ability: Telepathy

Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Moonlight
Stored Power

This would be my special wall set. It kinda has to set up to do anything but even one Calm Mind will greatly increase Stored Power's strength. This will also be used to Baton Pass into my physical wall, Cofagrigus. Once Cofagrigus has these boosts he's invincible except from toxic. Also this would be a good switch into Hydreigon who is my special sweeper. The issue I have with this what is the opponent going to do while musharna sets up? And that's why I gave it a Focus Sash. (And someone else on my team has leftovers.) More than likely my opponent will switch into something like Haxorus and let loose with a strong physical attack, and even with Musharna's high HP it definitely will be incapable of survival. Hence the Focus Sash. Baton Pass right into Cofagrigus, which has Will-o-Wisp, when I see the attempt at a physical sweep coming, and wall.

Zachmac

^Max out defense, with the calm mind boost it can become a mixed wall, and they will be easy to set up with moonlight.

Focus sash is better on faster pokemon. I'd say sitrus berry or maybe rocky helmet.

Xenevix

Some Guy
This is for double battles.
Carracosta@Lum Berry
Jolly/200att/56sp.a/252spe
-Shell Smash
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Surf

Jolly since I'm to lazy to breed Hasty or Naive. It does have fake out support, helping it get shell smash up. After a shell smash, it becomes one a good set-up sweeper for doubles. Lum berry removes thunderus's thunderwaves, and Rock Slide is STAB that hits two enemies. Earthquake will also hit two enemies, and provide coverage for rock slide. Surf is it's final STAB, allowing it to be a mixed sweeper and hit two enemies.

Archeops is one of it's teammates, when it must use EQ, but has a pokemon that resist it, Archeops will smack it with as STAB stone edge, and use protect as it uses surf.

You forgot the ability. I suggest sturdy just in case the other enemy poke is strong enough to take him out. Now that Thundurus is banned by Smogon you may want to consider White Herb. It gits rid of the defensive drops of Shell Smash so he can last a little longer. And in a double battle you want to minimize damage to Carracosta's allies. EQ and Surf both hit your own second Poke. This is especially a threat if this is your sweeper hitting it AND its attacks have been boosted by 2. If you have a Fake Out support who is it? Hopefully it has protect or is able to withstand quite a few powerful hits. I see Archeops has Protect but you're going to use Fake Out as a support move and just switch into Archeops? If either of your opponent's Pokes are faster they'll be able to deal a lot of damage to Archeops and they'll most likely activate his Defeatist IF he survives. And maybe you'll want to consider a full physical set. Replace Aqua Jet with Surf so you don't keep having to Protect with Archeops and it gives Carracosta priority, and affter you set up with Shell Smash you'll be able to take out what you need to with it anyway. Because even with max speed and one or two Shell Smashes Carracosta is literally as slow as a Tortoise. Putting any EVs in speed is kind of a waste if you're gonna Shell Smash anyway. I would do this instead:

Carracosta @ White Herb?/Quick Claw?
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: +252 Atk +100 HP +156 Def

Shell Smash
Aqua Jet/Waterfall?
Rock Slide
Earthquake

This allows for much better survival and less dependancy on Carracosta alone. This opens the door for Archeops or another EQ resistant Poke to contibute more to the battle. Only problem is you'll have to breed a different nature. Hope this helps. :D

Zachmac

But with that base speed, will it be fast enough after a single shell smash.

And I meant to say Whimiscott's stun spore(Terracott). I was thinking thundurus for some reason...

I guess I can breed a new one for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.