• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dildadonz

Conkeldurr: As a late game sweeper/tank

Trait:Guts
Item: Leftovers/ Big Root
EV's :252 Hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Nature: Careful
Moveset:
Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Pay Back/ Stone edge/ Earthquake

The last move changes depending on my team, and held items in random wifi matches. I force a switch and bulk up on something like terrakion, bisharp or excardill. with bulk up and guts it reaches an almighty 711 attack stat which is devastating.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Regiock Aka God@ apicot berry
clear body
Careful nature
EVs 252 hp 4 atk 252 sp def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Curse
Rock Slide
This thing is beast in sand I have literally stalled out 20 teams with this thing

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
@dilda change EVs, you movepool screams offense, so, idk what smogon says...252 hp/252 def/4 atk impish nature, not sure...anyways, use payback and lefties.

@USA no suggestions other than maybe stone edge cuz i like rock slide on fast pokes for the flinch hax.

takbir10

Banned
Conkeldurr: As a late game sweeper/tank

Trait:Guts
Item: Leftovers/ Big Root
EV's :252 Hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Moveset:
Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Pay Back/ Stone edge/ Earthquake

The last move changes depending on my team, and held items in random wifi matches. I force a switch and bulk up on something like terrakion, bisharp or excardill. with bulk up and guts it reaches an almighty 711 attack stat which is devastating.

I agree, change its EV's. It has Mach Punch so get rid of the speed EV's. And cut a little back on HP and give some to attack.
Here is one good one for that moveset
200 Attack 52 HP 252 spec. Defense 4 Defense

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I agree, change its EV's. It has Mach Punch so get rid of the speed EV's. And cut a little back on HP and give some to attack.
Here is one good one for that moveset
200 Attack 52 HP 252 spec. Defense 4 Defense
You're a n00b.. stop posting!!

Anyway, use this Conk
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback / Stone Edge

Darquese

No use this Conk
Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

purugly555

*insert title here*
134.png

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb / Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Acid Armor / Blizzard / Hidden Power [Electric]

I'd like a Wish passer for my team; I don't care who it is, I just want someone that can pass fairly sizable Wishes. Vaporeon seems like a natural choice given its high HP. I have a few qualms about her though.

1. She would be replacing a member of an already existing team, and that team is not weather driven. She would not be a part of a rain team, so any rain support she'd get would come from the enemy. Will this cripple her too much? Additionally, should I go for Water Absorb or Hydration?

2. The EVs and nature balance her Defense and Special Defense at 234 a piece, so she is perfectly balanced defensively. The HP gives her an odd number in her HP. Does this sound good?

3. For the last move, what would help her coverage the most? I have them prioritized, but I think Ice Beam would work best. Acid Armor would help her boost her already good Defense, Blizzard is just more powerful, and Hidden Power [Electric] would be really good, but it would make breeding her really hard. Should I just go for Ice Beam?

1. Water Absorb, no doubt about it. Without rain, hydration is useless

2. Lol, Just go 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SpD

3. It depends, does your team have more trouble against dragons or jellicent / gyarados? Acid armor Is useless on a non-BP set, and no To blizzard due to being as evil as fail blast.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Which should I use for my special wall? Mantine or Musharna?

Mantine @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful (-Sp Atk +Sp Def)
EVs: +252 Hp +252 Sp Def +4 Atk
Ability: Water Absorb
Aqua Ring
Bounce
Dive
Toxic
Better at stalling for damage than Musharna is but is obliterated by electric and rock type attacks. This will easily stall almost all special sweepers and may cripple with Bounce even without Sp Def boosts.

Musharna @ Lum Berry
Nature: Sassy (-Spd + Sp Def)
EVs: +252 Hp +252 Def +4 Sp Def
Ability: Telepathy
Moonlight
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Stored Power
More of a mixed wall with the Def Evs. I like this Ev spread. This set has to take a lot of hits to set up and Baton Pass the boosts to someone like Cofagrigus. But it'll be easy to keep itself at full health with moonlight. Unless I'm facing a weather team.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Wat's with everyone using the dw abilities? Half of 'em havent been released yet.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Because you can still test them on the DW PO to see how good they are when they come out.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Wat's with everyone using the dw abilities? Half of 'em havent been released yet.

The Musharna that you find in the Dreamyard on Fridays has Telepathy so you can breed it and such.

Darquese

Can't decide between these two salamence sets

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

With sets lets him beat balloon Heatran (or any steel really) alot easy by not getting stuck in Outrage as well as Dragon Claw being as strong as Outrage after a Moxie boost.

or

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

This set has alot more power right of the bat but gets stuck in Outrage where he can't switch and gets confused at the end.

Also xenevix is musharna for double teams other wise don't use telepathy and change it's nature to calm there is no point in lowering it's speed also change it's item to leftovers because status doesn't really trouble it.

Last edited:

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Set #2 is better. Although, dragonite really ouclasses is for dragon dancing.

Darquese

^Set #2 is better. Although, dragonite really ouclasses is for dragon dancing.

Not really Salamence is much faster and stronger while dragonite has more bulk there quiet different, and why is set 2 better?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
you are able to come in on a physical pokemon and intimidate them so they can't do anything to you and when they switch set up a dragon dance.

Set 2 is overall more useful. Intimidate is easily one of the best abilities in the game and it has more immediate power. You can sweep without a Dragon Dance if you predict well.

Moxie is pretty situational. Unlike Intimidate it does absolutely nothing until you get a kill and even then the +1 boost only ties with Outrage.. +2 Moxie Dragon Claw is weaker than +1 Salamence Outrage as well.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Sp Def / 52 Atk
-Bulk Up
-Shadow Sneak
-Stone Edge
-[Non-Drain Punch Fighting-type move]

I'd like to run the standard Bulk Up Gallade set, but I'd like to use Justified, so that means no Drain Punch. There are other reasons why I can't do Drain Punch than just that, but now I'm stuck for a Fighting-type attack. I've been trying Close Combat, but the defense drops kind of go against the purpose of the set. There's Brick Break or Low Sweep, but he needs more power if he's not getting the recovery from Drain Punch. Any suggestions?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
i would say brick break or else you have to go with some other low power fighting move. otherwise you have to go with something like psycho cut or x-scissor. good set though

Status
Not open for further replies.