• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Electivire @Choice Scarf
Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Attack/4 HP
Adamant
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

I use this as a lead on my Sun team to deal with pretty much other Weather leads.
Earthquake stomps out other Ninetails.
Cross Chop destroys T-Tar and Abmasnow.
Ice Punch for Hippodon.
Thunder Punch for Politoad.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Electivire @Choice Scarf
Motor Drive
Adamant
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

I use this as a lead on my Sun team to deal with pretty much other Weather leads.
Ice Punch for Hippodon.

That's actually a really smart idea. I never realized how well the standard Electivire stops the various weather starters before, and the Choice Scarf allows you to outspeed them I would assume. Nicely done. Assuming Jolly doesn't allow you to outspeed anything important that Adamant can't, this is actually a really good set. I'm genuinely impressed.

BugZ

Look Left------>
Electivire @Choice Scarf
Motor Drive
Adamant
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Ice Punch for Hippodon.

I agree with ChaosBlizzard, this **** is genius!!!!!! But maybe try and run Vital Spirit instead of Motor Drive incase either Ninetales or Politoed are running Hypnosis and you don't kill them in one hit. But otherwise nicely done

Last edited:

BugZ

Look Left------>
Just wondering how these Aggron sets would work

Aggron @ Leftovers
Rock Head
Impish
252 HP 188 Atk 68 Def
-Head Smash
-Thunder Wave
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

This is basically a set that would hit like a truck while also supporting your team. Head Smash is ridiculously powerful and you don't take recoil damage due to Rock Head, which is awesome. Thunder Wave is for crippling sweepers, tanks, Choice Scarfers, basically everything. Roar is to stop a sweeper from setting up or to blow away a Substitute. Stealth Rock is... Well... Stealth Rock.

Aggron @ Leftovers
Rock Head
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Speed 4 Def.
-Autotomize
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Double Edge

A sweeping Aggron that largely utilizes his ability Rock Head that negates recoil damage. Autotomize is to double your bad Speed to outspeed base 100s and halve your weight in case anyone wants to use Grass Knot or Low Kick on you. Head Smash is crazy strong, and the recoil damage is negated from Rock Head. Earthquake gets awesome coverage with Head Smash and does a large amount of damage. Double Edge is also benefitted from Roc Head and gets even more coverage along with doing large amounts of damage.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Just wondering how these Aggron sets would work

Aggron as a species are awesome Pokemon, but Aggron as a species are crippled by their 4x Fighting weakness. The second set is probably the best it can do, but the first set has no real means of solving or at least mitigating that weakness. This generation, such a big Fighting weakness is just too much to overcome.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait - Iron Barbs
140 HP/252 Atk/116 Def with 0 IVs in Speed
Nature: Brave

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

I use it as a lead, it works pretty well. Using SR and Spikes to set-up and Power Whip combined with Gyro Ball to input damage. I use 0 IVs in Speed so that I can power up Gyro Ball.
Defensively I use Rocky Helmet to increase the damage the opponent takes when it touches Ferrothorn. That way, I can take out some serious physical threats.

DarkSnivy

Absol @ Scope Lens
Ability:Super Luck
EVs:252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.Att
Nature: Lax
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Fire Blast

She basically hits fast and hard, defeating around 2 Pokemon before fainting. Gets criticals very often and does massive damage even without critical. Only problem is Fire Blast doesn't hit as hard as I want and I'm looking for a better, preferably physical, move that will hit as many types as possible(that the other three moves don't already have super effective hits on).Anyone have suggestions?

Psypert

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait - Iron Barbs
140 HP/252 Atk/116 Def with 0 IVs in Speed
Nature: Brave

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

I use it as a lead, it works pretty well. Using SR and Spikes to set-up and Power Whip combined with Gyro Ball to input damage. I use 0 IVs in Speed so that I can power up Gyro Ball.
Defensively I use Rocky Helmet to increase the damage the opponent takes when it touches Ferrothorn. That way, I can take out some serious physical threats.

Hmm with no leftovers recovery or Leech Seed that Ferrothorn may not last long enough I would recommended changing Stealth rocks for Leech Seed, after all many Pokemon Learn Stealth Rock

Absol @ Scope Lens
Ability:Super Luck
EVs:252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.Att
Nature: Lax
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Fire Blast

She basically hits fast and hard, defeating around 2 Pokemon before fainting. Gets criticals very often and does massive damage even without critical. Only problem is Fire Blast doesn't hit as hard as I want and I'm looking for a better, preferably physical, move that will hit as many types as possible(that the other three moves don't already have super effective hits on).Anyone have suggestions?

Superpower, after all if you are rellying of Crits the attack drop won't hurt you that much

Last edited:

feebo5

A Flame In The Dark
Hydreigon@ Life Orb

Ability- Levitate/ Nothing

Ev's- 252 SpA - 252 Speed - 6 HP

Nature- Modest
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
?????????????

This is my special Attack sweeper. If he is in a double battle he will be out with an Infranape or a Espeon. Please Rate this pokemon.

Thanks!

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Electivire @Choice Scarf
Motor Drive
Adamant
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Ice Punch for Hippodon.

Wow.. I agree with the comments before, fawkin genius. I've been looking for something like this, but I haven't found anything. I'd also like to add though that Choice Scarf is unnecessary. The only case you would reallyy need it is against Ninetales, which shouldn't be too much of a problem to you cause you said its your sun lead. You might wanna tryy a Choice Band, Life Orb, or even an Expert Belt, unless you are that worried about Scarftar, Scarftoad, and Ninetales. And Electivire will outspeed neutral natured Ninetales with Jolly and max speed. Also consider Fire Punch over Ice Punch. Hippowdon isn't veryy common in todayy's metagame, and Fire Punch lets you abuse the sun you've got up.

Hydreigon@ Life Orb

Ability- Levitate/ Nothing

Nature- Modest
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
?????????????

This is my special Attack sweeper. If he is in a double battle he will be out with an Infranape or a Espeon. Please Rate this pokemon.

Thanks!

Pretty Standard.. Tryy Focus Blast, and I've found Expert Belt to be veryy successsful on Hydreigon as well.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
A while ago, Smogon was going to make Fling Acrobatics Gliscor a set but they gave it the boot. It got me thinking as I liked that set thus I made some minor changes and it works out quite well.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 56 SpD / 208 Spe
Impish nature
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Dig
- Swords Dance

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
A while ago, Smogon was going to make Fling Acrobatics Gliscor a set but they gave it the boot. It got me thinking as I liked that set thus I made some minor changes and it works out quite well.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 56 SpD / 208 Spe
Impish nature
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Dig
- Swords Dance

Uhhm, shouldn't you have EQ over Dig..? and EVs are a bit strange imo.. If you're going for a bulkyy spread tryy 244 HP/ 56 Atk/ 208 Def. You're better off switching than taking a Surf or Ice Beam to the face, so SpDef isn't necessaryy. If you want a strong sweeper, 252/ 252 Spe Atk is what you want. And tryy Brick Break and Ice Fang out. Theyy each get prettyy good coverage with Acrobatics and Dig(or EQ...) respectivelyy.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
So i was bored and i came up with this basculin set
Basculin@life orb
Adaptability
Evs:4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Adamant nature
-Waterfall/aqua tail
-Crunch
-Aqua jet
-Double edge

This set is made for rain because waterfall+rain+adaptability+life orb=whoopass. Seriously a waterfall from this guy in the rain can take out a fully defensive shuckle which must be impressive. However thats as far as basculin can go as it has a very meagre move pool. The EVs should be obvious as well as the nature. So what do you think?

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Looks like a pretty good set. Definetely use waterfall. Choice Band is to be considered.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, i would recomend Choice band as well on the set since it only gets the adaptability boost from waterfall you will be using that more. so you want more power

Hydreigon@ Life Orb/Expert belt

Ability- Levitate

Nature- Modest
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Focus blast/surf

Thanks!

works well both moves score S.E. against heatran

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
works well both moves score S.E. against heatran

Well then if he was to pick Surf over Focus Blast he wouldn't be able to use Infernape as its partner. Good set anyways.

anyways....

Would this set still do good despite the only perfect stat being HP?

Spr_5b_134.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold | Hydration
EVs: 248 HP | 252 Def | 8 SpD
IVs: 31 | 15 | 15 | 20 | 14 | 15
Rest | Scald | Roar | Toxic​

I don't want to breed for Wish so I put Roar in to PHaze any Pokemon that try to set up. So is this set okay or do I rebreed?

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Looks alright, under rain would make it a lot better with rest and hydration. With stealth rocks or spikes on the feild this would work even better

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
You could use said Vaporeon as a parent and rebreed if it's concerning you about the IVs, but otherwise pretty good! If you have Toxic Spikes on the field, I'd remove Toxic and go for Ice Beam, to nail Dragons that may think of Vappy as set-up fodder.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Choice Band Terrakion is the "click a STAB and watch things die" Pokemon. There are really no counters to it, just things that can mitigate it for a while. I'm trying to find a solid counter to it, and I think I may have one.

623.png

Golurk @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge / Shadow Punch / Toxic

Immune to Close Combat, immune to Quick Attack, 3HKO'd by Stone Edge, 2-3HKO'd by Earthquake and 6HKO'd by X-Scissor from CB Terrakion. It can set up a sub on almost any move Terrakion has, and proceed to OHKO with Focus Punch. Even if the Terrakion switches out, you get a free Sub and can proceed to lay waste with your base 180 Focus Punch, backed by 381 Attack.

The last move I'm up in the air about. Stone Edge gives him EdgeQuake, Shadow Punch is boosted by Iron Fist and is STAB, and Toxic lets him break down walls (remember, this is technically a UU Pokemon; he can be walled easily). Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.