• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Can anyone think of a double stat boost set for mewtwo? Calm Mind and Bulk Up. Is it possible?

I guess you could try that, but it probably wouldn't be very effective. You would have to split the ev's and it would be less powerful and less diverse than the standard mewtwo. It would also be easily countered with only four coverage moves.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Infernape@Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Blaze
EV's:252Att/252Spd/4HP
-OverHeat
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-U Turn
I use U-Turn for Psychic coverage and use Overheat cause of its 140 power damage, then use Mach Punch and Close Combat for STAB. All I really want is for him to be a Fast Sweeper.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Infernape @ Focus Sash
Nature:Jolly
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Stealth Rock
I use U-Turn for Psychic coverage and use Overheat cause of its 140 power damage, then use Mach Punch and Close Combat for STAB. All I really want is for him to be a Fast Sweeper.

Try this set it may be a bit better

Zachmac

Special Sheer Force or Mixed is usually used.
Actually, from my knowledge, it's usually choice scarf, swords dance, or sub/bulk up.
Infernape@Life Orb
-OverHeat
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-U Turn
Seems standard, just use a Naive or Hasty nature instead so it can outrun base 100 pokemon, and others fast ones.

old man

On Guard!!!
Dragonite@Lum Berry
Ability:Multiscale
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
I kinda want him to be a Fast Sweeper so thats mainly my purpose for him on my team.

Please explain what EQ is for?? You have something to remove steels (minus heatran) and not really much else will stand up to a plus 1 dragon claw after entry damage. Think about adding x-speed so you don't lose to priority.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Please explain what EQ is for?? You have something to remove steels (minus heatran) and not really much else will stand up to a plus 1 dragon claw after entry damage. Think about adding x-speed so you don't lose to priority.

It's for heatran, which is about the only thing that walls it with just d-claw and fire punch.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Snorlax@Leftovers
Ability:Thick Fat
EV's:4HP/252Att/252Def
-Focus Blast
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Crunch
Now I don't plan on using him for competitive play yet I kinda just wanna show how he is. So basically I need to know the best moves,EV's,Nature for him. Im wanting him to be the Tank of my team.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
For 5th gen, don't ever use special moves on Snorlax, especially with no spa ev's. You need to invest in some HP first before you invest in your defenses. Better off using a curse set or a choice band set if you want to do damage with him.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I have two splits for my VGC Doubles Trick Room+Hail team, so it'd be awesome if I could get some feedback.

To preface, it's a toss up between a Guts Luxray and Eelektross, and Carracosta and Azumarill.

So, onto the details.

405.png

Simba (M)
Luxray@ Flame Orb
Guts
Brave
252 HP/Att/4 Def
- Wild Charge
- Crunch
- Facade
- Fire Fang/Ice Fang

vs.

604.png

Zazu (M)
Eelektross @ Flight Gem
Levitate
Brave
252 HP/Att/4 Def
- Wild Charge
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower

And theennn....

565.png

Rafiki (M)
Carracosta @ Water Gem
Sturdy/Solid Rock
Jolly
252 Att/Spd, 4 HP
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Protect

vs.

184.png

Zoomi (F)
Azumarill @ Water Gem
Huge Power
Brave
252 HP/Att/4 Def
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break.​

Any thoughts? If the whole VGC Doubles part throws you off, you can just stick with Doubles. It's almost the same concept, just a different metagame (i.e. no tiers).

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I would go Eelektross since better defense for bulkier sets. I would change Dragon claw foe maybe rock slide though, because DC isn't very useful without STAB na RS hits both peeps on the other side. And unless you intend to put some at least some spa ev's in abd change the nature i would go for something else over flamethrower. Protect or Crunch. If you intend to put speed into carracosta use shell smash. other wise change it to 252Hp / 252Attack. I would use carracosta because it's slower in trickroom (if you intend to use it there) and it can get wide guard to help your team out.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Which would be better for a sandstorm team?

Lucario@focus sash
inner focus
252atk/252spd/4def
jolly
moves:
- ice punch/stoneedge
- eq
- brick break/closecombat
- swords dance

VS.

Bisharp@focus sash
defiant
252atk/252def/4hp
adamant
moves:

- aerial ace
- iron head
- metal claw/swordsdance
- faint attack/night slash

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Well Lucario i would say. Go extreme speed over earthquake though. And CC over brick break. And i think you can use a life orb on him.

Palkia98

someone give me a decent mixed set for sceptile? im wanting to try one out.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I would go Eelektross since better defense for bulkier sets. I would change Dragon claw foe maybe rock slide though, because DC isn't very useful without STAB na RS hits both peeps on the other side. And unless you intend to put some at least some spa ev's in abd change the nature i would go for something else over flamethrower. Protect or Crunch. If you intend to put speed into carracosta use shell smash. other wise change it to 252Hp / 252Attack. I would use carracosta because it's slower in trickroom (if you intend to use it there) and it can get wide guard to help your team out.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Definitely noted. I've been thinking of getting rid of DC anyways, and I guess I've run out of Rock Sliders on my team now that I've made the new changes. Thanks!

Couple things though, Flamethrower is there primarily to take out things like Scizor, Ferrothorn, etc. Metagross too in the unlucky event that Eelektross is the only thing I have left to take the thing out. That's why I started to consider Luxray, because with Guts, he can do quite a bit more damage with his Fire Fang against those same threats. Flamethrower also doesn't get nerfed by Intimidate, which in VGCs has started to become quite popular with the insurgence of Hitmontop.

And as for Carra, yeah, sorry. Not Protect, Shell Smash. I forgot the last move and I thought for some reason it was protect. So Carra over Azumarill? Wouldn't Azumarill hit harder with its Huge Power? And I'm not sure, Sturdy or Solid Rock?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
If it's for trick room i would go azumarill then. I would be faster. I would also put waterfall so aqua tail doesn't miss and potentially lose a game for you. If you go for carracosta though, i would go for sturdy so it has a chance to set up. I think everything else is alright.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Here's my first ever Lucario set. This was when I'd first started Diamond b4 I knew abt EV training.

Lucario@expert belt
adamant
steadfast
moves:
- closecombat
- iron tail
- extremespeed
- stone edge

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Here's my first ever Lucario set. This was when I'd first started Diamond b4 I knew abt EV training.

Lucario@expert belt
adamant
steadfast
moves:
- closecombat
- iron tail
- extremespeed
- stone edge

Lucario like that would be something along the lines of

Lucario @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Attk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Moves:
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch / Extremespeed
-Crunch / Extremespeed
-Thunder Punch / Extremespeed

That's more like a normal 4 attacks set however the most popular set is the SD set, which would more than likely be

Lucario @ Life Orb / lum Berry (Not Advised but on HO it's an option)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Attk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Extremespeed

Rayciaqus

Ice-types Hater
Here is my Garchomp set from my Ubers, that's been raping through the opponets Kyogres and Groudons like a boss with Earthquake and Dual Chop.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Standard ScarfChomp set, Dual Chop (yes, Dual Chop) and Earthquake serving as primary STAB moves. Outrage when I'm facing something that's immune to Earthquake and can wall Dual Chop all day long (like Lugia). Fire Fang for Skarmorys, Ferrothorns, Bronzongs and Forretresses. EV spread is standard for a physical Scarf user, Adamant Nature for extra power.
--
After some time, Fire Fang wasn't doing that much, so I thought of this set:

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The same set, but the change is in its Fire-move. Instead of Fire Fang now there is Fire Blast, since all the guys I want to hit are more physically defensive than specially (allright, Bronzong has the same stats in Def ans SDef but who the hell ever uses that in Ubers). The EVs are changed from 4 HP to 4 SAtk so it wil hit harder. The Nature can't be Adamant, since I need the SAtk stat. I gave him Lonely, because I'm hit more on the special side.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Here is my Garchomp set from my Ubers, that's been raping through the opponets Kyogres and Groudons like a boss with Earthquake and Dual Chop.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Standard ScarfChomp set, Dual Chop (yes, Dual Chop) and Earthquake serving as primary STAB moves. Outrage when I'm facing something that's immune to Earthquake and can wall Dual Chop all day long (like Lugia). Fire Fang for Skarmorys, Ferrothorns, Bronzongs and Forretresses. EV spread is standard for a physical Scarf user, Adamant Nature for extra power.
--
After some time, Fire Fang wasn't doing that much, so I thought of this set:

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The same set, but the change is in its Fire-move. Instead of Fire Fang now there is Fire Blast, since all the guys I want to hit are more physically defensive than specially (allright, Bronzong has the same stats in Def ans SDef but who the hell ever uses that in Ubers). The EVs are changed from 4 HP to 4 SAtk so it wil hit harder. The Nature can't be Adamant, since I need the SAtk stat. I gave him Lonely, because I'm hit more on the special side.

I like the second one. Fire Blast does way more damage to skarm instead of fire fang. I would reccomend Dragon Claw>Dual Chop, because i'm mad about my scarf haxorus losing me battles because of a dual chop miss.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Rotom(W)@Choice Scarf
Nature:Timid
Ability:Levitate
EV's:3HP/255SpecialAtt/252Spd
-Thunder
-Trick
-Hidden Power
-Hydro Pump
The purpose of my Rotom to have Choice Scarf is to use Trick to get rid of it and give it to the other pokemon, locking it into a stat boosting move. Also I will be using him at the Global Trade Center thing in the poke center for battling in Singles. So it will be Flat Rules lvl 50's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.