• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Also need this guy rated.
Ludiocolo@Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Ability:Rain Dish
EV's:4HP/252Def/252SpecDef
-Rain Dance
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Protect
Kinda wanting him to be the annoyinger of my team.

Zachmac

Also need this guy rated.
Ludiocolo@Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Ability:Rain Dish
EV's:4HP/252Def/252SpecDef
-Rain Dance
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Protect
Kinda wanting him to be the annoyinger of my team.
Rather then use rain dance, why not pair it up with a drizzle Politoed? Then, you could add substitute. Leftover+Rain Dish+Leech Seed means you won't be losing much health for each sub.

Anyway, got for 252 HP. I can't remember the exact math, but unless you're using something like Wailord which has massive HP and terrible defenses, max HP is usually the best way to go.

Kingdra@?????
Naughty nature
Dragon Dance
Rest
Waterfall
Outrage/ Draco meteor
EV's: 4 HP 252 Speed 252 Attack.

Palkia98

can anyone give a mixed serperior and a mixed sceptile set if they can? im looking to test one out

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Kingdra@?????
Naughty nature
Dragon Dance
Rest
Waterfall
Outrage/ Draco meteor
EV's: 4 HP 252 Speed 252 Attack.

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry / Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 184 HP / 160 Attk / 164 Spe
Moves:
-Rest
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall

Standard resto chesto set. Boosts till it's about to die, rests up and sweeps. Simples.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
can anyone give a mixed serperior and a mixed sceptile set if they can? im looking to test one out

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Overgrow
Naughty 252 Att / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Return
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm

This is your best bet. But tbh neither should go mixed.

If you are looking to break walls then these sets would be better for beating walls.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Overgrow
Timid 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt
Substitute
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

or

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Overgrow
Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power Fire or Ice
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
344.gif

Bold @ Light Clay
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
~ Levitate
- Earth Power
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Earth Power so I'm not Taunt bait, and it does okay damage. Light Screen
is a support move for the rest of the team, see signature. Stealth Rock is
to help Kingdra get key KOs and break Sash's, while also keeping the Bugs
at bay, while Rapid Spin keeps Toxic Spikes off the field.

Last edited:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
464Rhyperior.png

rhyperior@leftovers aka curseperior
evs:236hp,252sp def,22def
nature:careful
ability:solid rock
moves
stone edge
earthquake
megahorn
curse

well this rhyperior is for 5gen ou he breaks walls and setsup wit ttar his special def boostes to a 343 in ss stone edge and eq for stab and eq is mandatory stone edge to hit gyrados curse is to boost up his def and attk after 2 hes a beast so it can hit shaymin with megahorn and bronzong wont like a boosted stone edge.

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

344.gif

Bold @ Light Clay
~ Levitate
- Earth Power
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

I think he could use Magic Coat > Earth Power on a Trick Room team.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
344.gif

Bold @ Light Clay
~ Levitate
- Earth Power
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

OK, Absolutely 0 reason to be using Light Clay. You only have one screen, it's a waste. Your Claydol is hungry, it wants leftovers.
Tbh it shouldn't even be on the set, your opponent will just use their physical attackers for a few turns, it's no real biggie for them. Get rid of it. Those leftovers made Claydol sick. It wants to use that to it's advantage, it want you to put Toxic over Light Screen. Other than that looks good. Toxic will help you alot at breaking down Ghosts so that you can spin. You could also go with Psychic instead of Toxic. Your choice.

@ Rhyperior: It looks ok. I'm not sure it will work overly well but I wont begrudge you that. My only advice would be to change the nature to Brave and go with 252 Att / 252 HP / 4 SDef as your EVs. Rhyperior needs the attack straight up as getting multiple boosts is just not going to happen in OU. Also go with 0 IVs in Speed. This way you hit min speed. Curse sets are supposed to be slow so you may as well try and outspeed as much as possible in case your opponent is running trick room.

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
464Rhyperior.png

rhyperior@leftovers aka curseperior
evs:236hp,252sp def,22def
nature:careful
ability:solid rock
moves
stone edge
earthquake
megahorn
curse

well this rhyperior is for 5gen ou he breaks walls and setsup wit ttar his special def boostes to a 343 in ss stone edge and eq for stab and eq is mandatory stone edge to hit gyrados curse is to boost up his def and attk after 2 hes a beast so it can hit shaymin with megahorn and bronzong wont like a boosted stone edge.
You really like Rhyperior don't ya? Anyways, He has poor special defense so those ev's won't be doing anything big to help. He may be hitting hard but a special move will most likely KO him. A substitute set could work better by sheilding him from attacks but he is just too slow sometimes. A rock polish set could work also.

Rayciaqus

Ice-types Hater
I like the second one. Fire Blast does way more damage to skarm instead of fire fang. I would reccomend Dragon Claw>Dual Chop, because i'm mad about my scarf haxorus losing me battles because of a dual chop miss.
Thanks for opinion, but I think I'll keep Dual Chop for Sash- and Sub- breaking.

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
You really like Rhyperior don't ya? Anyways, He has poor special defense so those ev's won't be doing anything big to help. He may be hitting hard but a special move will most likely KO him. A substitute set could work better by sheilding him from attacks but he is just too slow sometimes. A rock polish set could work also.

actually he lives hydro pump i wish rhyperior cud learn bulk up he also lives a close combat from max attk terrakion

OverpoweredScizor

<-- NEEDS A BUFF
I know that OU Drifblim sounds ridiculous, but I really like the idea of this set. What do you guys think?

Drifblim@Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Timid nature
-Substitute
-Will-o-Wisp
-Hex
-Baton Pass

Max Speed to get out wisps and subs fast, Hex has base 150 power with STAB if the enemy is burned. Drifblim with max HP gets 125+ subs to pass. Is there anything wrong with this set?

Psypert

I know that OU Drifblim sounds ridiculous, but I really like the idea of this set. What do you guys think?

Drifblim@Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Timid nature
-Substitute
-Will-o-Wisp
-Hex
-Baton Pass

Max Speed to get out wisps and subs fast, Hex has base 150 power with STAB if the enemy is burned. Drifblim with max HP gets 125+ subs to pass. Is there anything wrong with this set?

Drifblim is not that fast without Unburden, and a Baton Pass set should only be considered with a boosting move besides Substitute like Calm Mind

OverpoweredScizor

<-- NEEDS A BUFF
Seriously? Unburden I get (I might put on Salac berry) but I think subs that huge are very pass-worthy. then again, I'm kind of a n00b...

Status
Not open for further replies.