• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonace373

Ace Trainer
649.png

Insekuta@ Choice Specs
4 HP /252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid
Download
-Bug Buzz
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower/something
Insekuta is the best pokemon. He
has great typing,power and has a good enough movepool. Bug buzz is his primary stab. Boltbeam backs this up giving solid coverage. The last slot is filler. I use flamethrower because it beats anything that resists his other attacks and is my sheddy counter but *you could use something else. With one download he can 2hko cleric*blissey with bug buzz.

Bug Buzz
Cleric blissey 43.5% - 51.3% 2hko with sr
Wish Latias. 149,5% - 175.7% 1hko
Scarfrachi.133.7% - 157.8% 1hko
Thunderbolt*
Lugia106.7% - 126% 1hko
Ice beam
Giritina o127.3% - 149.8% ohko
Dialga71.3% - 83.7% ohko with spikes and sr
Flamethrower in rain
Scizor197.7% - 232.6% ohko
Shedinja78600% - 92600% ouch

wuw i didnt realize genosect could deal that much damage. Nice set. And LOL at the shedinja XD

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Are those calcs on Insekuta done assuming download gave him a +1 boost in Special Attack?

Plusle.

Plusle!
Yes those are assuming spA boost

Yes those are assuming spA boost

I wouldn't be too dependant on those calcs. Blissey, Lugia, and Latias are more Specially defensive naturally, and Jirachi and Giratina with equal defenses usually lean their EVs more to Special defense. This means that you will be getting an attack boost instead, but only if you switch immediately into them.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I'm making sets on these two grass types, Erufuun(547), and Doredia(549) that have UU(maybe OU) potential.

@jesusfreak94, I agree with you.

Just need to get Shoddy Battle 2(PokeLab)....

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
632.png

Aianto @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SAtk]

• Iron Head / X-Scissor
  • Crunch
  • Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Thunder Fang
  • Claw Sharpen

317 Atk Stat * 1.5 Hustle Boost = 475 Modified
475 Modified Atk * 1.5 Claw Sharpen = 712 Boosted
712 Boosted Atk * 1.3 Life Orb = 925 Final

Iron Head / X-Scissor / Crunch = 100% Accuracy after Claw Sharpen
Stone Edge = 85% Accuracy after Claw Sharpen
Rock Slide = 95% Accuracy after Claw Sharpen

The little ant with the great typing that will probably never get used in OU due to a subpar movepool has a few things that might let it get used in the lower tiers; Hustle and Claw Sharpen are a match made in heaven, a respectable 109 base attack, and a respectable 348 speed stat (this can probably be lowered some to increase HP but I didn't feel like sifting thru all the speed stats). What really lets this guy down is his inability to put 3 attacking moves together to have decent coverage. It's only way to deal with opposing Steels are Dig and Rock Smash, both of which leave something to be desired. However, with some team support to clear out what it can't hit it can do some damage with one turn of setup and its base 112 Defense with 10 resists should let it get in to get that crucial Claw Sharpen.

EDIT:

Changed HP EVs to 8 from 4
Changed Spe EVs to 248 from 252
Added Stone Edge & Thunder Fang

Last edited:

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Great set, BaldWombat. The only thing I can think to change would be your EVs. Run 8 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 248 Speed. Allows you to outspeed base 108s, which means you can hit Terakion if you are running Iron Head. That's assuming it has no boosts, but there is no point in tieing with other base 109's, Aianto is the only one I can think of, and his shallow movepool means he resists most of his attacks.

EDIT: You do know this guy gets Stone Edge? Better accuracy AND power after Claw Sharpen. He gets Thunder Fang, too, which has poor base power but at least allows you to land a neutral hit on Steel Types.

Now would someone please rate the two sets I posted?

Last edited:

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
Great set, BaldWombat. The only thing I can think to change would be your EVs. Run 8 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 248 Speed. Allows you to outspeed base 108s, which means you can hit Terakion if you are running Iron Head. That's assuming it has no boosts, but there is no point in tieing with other base 109's, Aianto is the only one I can think of, and his shallow movepool means he resists most of his attacks.

EDIT: You do know this guy gets Stone Edge? Better accuracy AND power after Claw Sharpen. He gets Thunder Fang, too, which has poor base power but at least allows you to land a neutral hit on Steel Types.

Now would someone please rate the two sets I posted?

I was hoping someone would look into the speed EVs for me as I didn't really want to when I wrote this. :p

I know it has Stone Edge, I am just a little put off by accuracy as it is still only 85%.

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Victreebel @ Salac Berry
Ability:Gluttony
Nature:Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 112 Defence/ 144 SpD
-Stockpile
-Toxic/ Giga Drain
-Rest/ Venom Shock/ Giga Drain
-Wrap/ Rest
Obviously this set is to be used in Black and White. This set attempts to Toxic Stall many Pokemon while not allowing them to escape as well as keeping in potential set-up fodder. Would be especially useful with Toxic Spikes (x2) support because it would spare you a move slot. Venom Shock does 195 Base Power with STAB and Giga Drain can be somewhat of a recovery option as well as a damaging STAB move, in which case it would help to run Big Root to increase the gain of Giga Drain. Wrap is for obvious reasons, but Rest can fill in if you don't want to rely on Giga Drain's recovery, and the sleep status won't be minded after a few Stockpiles. If you don't think this StockRest (lol, I named it) combo won't work, trust me, it has, I have been testing it on Gastrodon and Drifblim, Drifblim more successful due to Unburden (hint hint).

Ruben Claessen

Tactic Researcher
Kojondo;620;@ Custab berry/Focus sash
Atk:252 S:252 HP:6
Jolly [+S -SA]
Regenerate
1:Hi Jump Kick
2:Stone Edge
3:Wide Guard/Endure
4:Fake out
Master of close combat
This pokemon is mainly used t take out Darkrai and Deoxys whit sash on them.
it makes sash useless whit fake out, taking hits whit endure and finish it afterwards whit the Deadly Hi jump kick or its sharp Stone Edge.
Its alsow a awsome team mate and replacement for Toxicroack in Doubles and triples.
protecting team mates from oponent attacks whit Wide Guard and dealing whit Dark Void.
Due its speed, attack, and move set it can easly take out annoying tankers and airial oponents

Last edited:
Kojondo;620;@Focus sash/payapa berry
Atk:252 S:252 HP:6/Atk:100 S:252 S,Def:158
Jolly [+S -SA] or Careful [+SD -SA]
Regenerate
1:Hi Jump Kick
2:Stone Edge
3:wide guard
4:Fake out
Master of close combat
This pokemon is mainly used t take out Darkrai and Deoxys whit sash on them.
it makes sash useless whit fake out and finish it afterwards whit the Deadly Hi jump kick or its sharp Stone Edge.
Its alsow a awsome team mate and replacement for Toxicroack in Doubles and triples.
protecting team mates from oponent attacks whit Wide Guard and dealing whit Dark Void.
Due its speed, attack, and move set it can easly take out annoying tankers and airal oponents

Wide Guard is only really usable in Doubles, so assuming you wrote this set for standard play you can go ahead and ditch that altogether for U-Turn or something. If you don't opt for U-Turn though, I don't really see why you're running Regenerate over Reckless. Since this set is to "take out Darkrai and Deoxys with sash on them", keeping itself alive for very long isn't a main priority, is it? HJK is apparently your main move, being a STAB move, so you'll want to decrease the crashing chances as much as you can.
I'm not a big fan of the set itself though. The last sentence you mentioned implies that this functions somewhat as a stallbreaker (and what's an airal opponent? :/) so I see no reason for Wide Guard to begin with. Focus Sash is acceptable, however I'd much rather run HP Ice on this set to "take out annoying tankers" as you said, more effectively. It's base 95 SpA is decent, and with 40 EVs invested you OHKO Salamence, and non-bulky Sazandora and Ononokusu. (This is of course assuming you don't use the natures you listed.)

Well, since you asked:)

621.png

How's this bulky Kurimugan?
Kurimugan@Leftovers
Rough Skin
Impish Nature
232 Hp/ 60 Atk/ 216 Def
~Glare
~Dragon Tail
~Revenge
~Thunder Fang/ Fire Fang/ Sucker Punch

Basic bulky tank set. EVs are a lefties number, jump point in Def, rest in attack. Dragon Tail for Stab, Glare allows it to Paralyze switch-ins. Revenge allows it to counter TTar and Heatran, and the last spots a filler. And all combinations are legal.

I really like the look of this set. I'm not sure that Base 77/90/90 defenses are the most bulky around, but it seems like it would work out nicely. All I can really say is that on the last move you sould go with Sucker Punch. Between Revenge and Dragon Tail, you're looking a perfect coverage, and priority is always a nice bonus to have on a slow Pokemon like this guy.

And for the other one...

Aaaandd....now a set of my own!
Offensive boosting Shinpora
561.png

Shinbora@Life Orb
Magic Guard
Timid Nature
16 Hp/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 240 Speed
~Charge Beam
~Psycho Shock
~Air Slash
~Roost
240 Speed to outspeed base 95s. Maxed out Special Attack, rest put in Hp. Magic Guard helps with SR and Life orb, Charge Beam helps with coverage, and allows it to boost its special attack. Air Slash for Stab. Psycho Shock allows it to punish Blissey. Roost for survivablility, as it is actually quite bulky. I can see Ttar giving him some problems, but I predict this set could be very powerful in the lower tiers.​

This looks pretty good. I can say right off the bat that you should keep Charge Beam, as without some kind of boost that Base 103 is going to look underwhelming, especially in OU. If you are going to run Roost, one suggestion is that you could put more EVs into HP and run Calm Mind instead. If not, then Roost could be replaced by another offensive move, as powerful attacks from some of the more common attacking types will make Shinpora look a lot less bulky. Other than that, Psycho Shock is a move that you're definitely going to need too. Air Slash I'm not so sure about. It's coverage (Bug, Grass, and Fighting) is pretty sub-par, and it's somewhat redundant. I personally think that a good option would be to put Ice Beam up instead. Charge Beam alone isn't giving much extra coverage, but with Ice Beam it will provide the BoltBeam coverage. HP Fighting would be another good option to go with for Tyranitar. After a Charge Beam boost, that HP Fight is starting to look a lot more scary.

Hope that helps!:)

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
497.png

Jarooda@ Leftovers
Ability: Perversity
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SAtk / 248 Spe
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]

• Leaf Storm
  • HP Ice / HP Fire / HP Ground
  • Substitute
  • Leech Seed

Jarooda has a unique ability in Perversity that allows it to do something that most Sub Seeders can't do, hit hard while still having good bulk. After one Leaf Storm, its special attack gets boosted from a mediocre 188 to a respectable 376 allowing it to actually dish out some damage. Solid defenses of 354/226/226 allow it to take some hits while its speed outruns everything up to +speed Purugly. Once the metagame settles enough to establish the lower tiers, we may be able to redistribute the EVs to help boost its special attack while still having solid bulk. If you wanted more power you could run 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe to give you 249 SAtk (498 after one Leaf Storm) with 293 HP. If you use HP Fire, make sure to add 4 EVs to speed.

Edit:

Added HP Fire / Ground

Last edited:
Jaroda looks pretty solid considering how awesome Perversity is, though other HP types should be considered other than just Ice. Fire could be useful if you don't want to be walled by Steels, Ground can help with Steels while also letting it hit Fire types. Other than that there really isn't much more in Jaroda's movepool sadly. That will probably be the only set that sees very much use after things get established.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
Jaroda looks pretty solid considering how awesome Perversity is, though other HP types should be considered other than just Ice. Fire could be useful if you don't want to be walled by Steels, Ground can help with Steels while also letting it hit Fire types. Other than that there really isn't much more in Jaroda's movepool sadly. That will probably be the only set that sees very much use after things get established.

I agree. I thought about listing Fire I just didn't want to correct the EVs with it. :p

A bulky Glare set may seem some use since it has 90% accuracy now.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Sazando@Choice Scarf
Mild
Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
Moves:
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power/Flamethrower/Surf
-U-Turn

Draco Meteor is a staple on powerful Dragon types, and Sazando is no exception. Dark Pulse gets pretty powerful after STAB is calculated in. Earth Power, Flamethrower, and Surf are all powerful, and they each offer excellent coverage when paired with Draco Meteor. U-Turn may not seem important due to the lack of a need for scouting in this generation, but it will allow Sazando to do damage to my opponent's counter and switch out to a counter for their counter before the opponent can do anything.

Any thoughts?

Thank you Jesusfreak!
As for this set, I love the coverage it gets, just with the EVs, if you run 8 Atk/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 238 Speed with a Naive nature you outspeed +1 Positive Ononokusu, a dangerous threat this generation. If you don't want to sacrifice the power that Mild allots you, you still at least tie with +1 Positive Kingdra, which could be fairly dangerous if DrizzleToad gets big. I don't really see a point to running both Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse on the same set, as scarfers tend to be hit-and-run Pokemon that will be switching in and out frequently. I suppose you could run both for now until the defensive threats form, but if you run Dragon/Fire Heatran laughs at you (and Emploeon, but he's not as important) and if you run Dragon/ Ground you hit the same problem Garchomp did in early D/P of not being able to reliably hit Bronzong and Skarm. If you run Surf, this set is potentially outclassed by Latias if it makes OU this generation, as while you have the higher Sp. Atk, Latias isn't outrun by base 100s and it has trick.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Uragamosu @Leftovers/Life Orb

Nature: Timid [SPD + ATK -]

Ability: Flame Body

EVs: 252 SAT, 252 SPD, 4 HTP

Moves:
- Butterfly Dance
- Fire Dance
- HP Ground
- Gale

Amazingly useful. Switch in on a Nattorei/Inseketu... I'm sorry, Mr. Shanderaa, trying to set up on me? HP Ground! Oh look, a weather starter! 120 BP/100 Acc Gale! Anything else gets Fire Danced and increases your special attack even more. Just.. watch out for Stealth Rocks.

Last edited:
Fire Blast can OHKO Ononokusu after a Butterfly Dance IIRC. Fire Dance is too weak to sweep with. Bug Buzz hits harder than Gale.

You can't avoid rocks all that easily. Most of the time you will get one chance at a sweep, and you will do so at 50% health. You might as well hit as hard as you can before dying horribly.

Thank you Jesusfreak!
As for this set, I love the coverage it gets, just with the EVs, if you run 8 Atk/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 238 Speed with a Naive nature you outspeed +1 Positive Ononokusu, a dangerous threat this generation. If you don't want to sacrifice the power that Mild allots you, you still at least tie with +1 Positive Kingdra, which could be fairly dangerous if DrizzleToad gets big. I don't really see a point to running both Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse on the same set, as scarfers tend to be hit-and-run Pokemon that will be switching in and out frequently. I suppose you could run both for now until the defensive threats form, but if you run Dragon/Fire Heatran laughs at you (and Emploeon, but he's not as important) and if you run Dragon/ Ground you hit the same problem Garchomp did in early D/P of not being able to reliably hit Bronzong and Skarm. If you run Surf, this set is potentially outclassed by Latias if it makes OU this generation, as while you have the higher Sp. Atk, Latias isn't outrun by base 100s and it has trick.

Thanks! Yeah, I like the idea you have for the EVs. I'm gonna have to try that out sometime. I think you might have misread part of it, I'm actually running Dark Pulse with Draco Meteor. The big problem is that when I first made this set I thought that Sazando's Base Speed was 108, but when I went back and looked it was only 98...I was actually trying to make something that could come in and hit something hard or U-Turn right away, like Flygon. I like your ideas, though!

And now another set of my own. Most of the time this guy has been relegated to the sidelines by many players to a lead. I actually want to try using him for a Sandstorm Trick Room team.

Gigaiasu@Leftovers
Brave
Sand Strength
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpD (0 Spe IVs)
Moves:
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Heavy Bomber/Explosion/Knock Down

Curse is the only Atk boosting move that Giga has access to, and it makes him "faster" in Trick Room. Earthquake and Stone Edge are powerful (SE gets STAB, too), and they have good coverage. The last choice is hard. I think Giga is heavy enough to do some strong damage with Heavy Bomber, but a lot of OU is heavy too, or even heavier. Explosion isn't really as powerful as it used to be, but in Trick Room it could find its uses. If I'm interpreting this correctly, then Knock Down should allow Giga to knock Pokemon like Skarmory to the ground and hit them with Earthquake. This could also be useful against other Pokemon who are immune to Earthquake and resist Stone Edge, like Bronzong.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

xLilith

Genesis
Won't Skarmory just Whirlwind you away if you use Knock Down? I understand if it's on the switch but otherwise it'll just be a waste, even though it's nice on Bronzong.

Status
Not open for further replies.