• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Your new one is alot worse. Just use your previous one except with rocky helmet and leech seed > Explosion. And remember to always max HP before doing defenses.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Yay someone listens to me :)!

Last edited:

metagrossman4

Metagross Master
Your new one is alot worse. Just use your previous one except with rocky helmet and leech seed > Explosion. And remember to always max HP before doing defenses.

Oh really. I cannot get leech seed because my ferrothorn is already lv100 it had max ivs with a benficial nature and mx evs. In order to leech seed on ferrothorn i would have to rebreed. im not made of time. I also have school and a personal life. Ill think about but is there another option.

But on to a new subject. this is my VGC Team so there are other pokes. Sorry to watse your time. :( But it is much obliged.

Hydreigon
Nature- Naive (+Spd -SpDef)
Item- Life Orb
Ability- Levitate
EVs- 32 HP 220 SpAtt 184 Att 74 Spd

Dark Pulse
Outrage
FireBlast/Flamethrower
Earthquake/U-Turn

Last edited:

cheeselord

Largely Inactive

I meant about maxing HP first then working on other defensive stats, I have been preaching that for ages now but people don't seem to listen :(.

Also mixed hydreigon is horrible just use the standard scarf/specs set.

metagrossman4

Metagross Master
I meant about maxing HP first then working on other defensive stats, I have been preaching that for ages now but people don't seem to listen :(.

Also mixed hydreigon is horrible just use the standard scarf/specs set.

^Will do. First off will u explain allittle more what choice scraf/choice specs do. and what bout ferrothorn.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Choice scarf boosts speed by 1.5 but lets you only use one move and specs boost your spatk by 1.5 but let you only use one move, I preffer the scarfed set because it helps to out speed those pesky base 100s:

Hydeigon @ choice scarf
Modest, 252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 hp
Levitate
~draco meteor
~dark pulse
~flamethrower
~surf

Draco meteor kills everyone, dark pulse is your secondary stab if you don't want your spatk halved, flamethrower helps with steels, especialy thorny and forry and surf is a filler.

metagrossman4

Metagross Master
Choice scarf boosts speed by 1.5 but lets you only use one move and specs boost your spatk by 1.5 but let you only use one move, I preffer the scarfed set because it helps to out speed those pesky base 100s:

Hydeigon @ choice scarf
Modest, 252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 hp
Levitate
~draco meteor
~dark pulse
~flamethrower
~surf

Draco meteor kills everyone, dark pulse is your secondary stab if you don't want your spatk halved, flamethrower helps with steels, especialy thorny and forry and surf is a filler.

Thanks the scarf sounds awesome! And thanks. You've helped me out alot lately. :)

Last edited:

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Glad to help :).

\Mightyena/

Bronzong @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Heatproof
Adamant

-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Psychic

Basically just a stealth rock setup, also got the 252 HP for if he's gonna have to stick it out for the rest of the team, so he can take some hits. Gyro Ball is pretty standard, but due to Adamant nature, it's weakend a little bit. I love Bronzong with heatproof, due to ability to absorb some of his main weakness. I am unsure if I should run him in my first spot, due to a high amount of fire sweepers being leads lately. Psychic is in there for those times I might come across a fighting type, which I feel I am brave enough to keep Bronzong in for to stall, and TRY and take him out.

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Which IV-bred sczior should I use?
- lax 31/27/31/25/31/25
- gentle 14/31/29/14/29/31

moveset will be (technician, flying gem BTW)
- bug bite
- acrobatics
- bullet punch
- agility (might do swords dance)

EVS Im thinking 253 HP / 252 Speed / 4 attack

DarumakkaImposter

Dragonite @ leftovers
252HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def.
Inner Focus
Adamant
-Hone Claws
-Grick Break
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch

Or maybe

Dragonite @ Life Orb
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Naughty/Adamant
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

these are both somethin i wanna try out. I know that both of them have major problems but im not good at this stuff so this is why you guys help me ^^

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Dragon dance earthquake Draco meteor fire punch

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Dragon dance earthquake Draco meteor fire punch

lolno.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Inner Focus
Adamant / Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

You either have trouble with Heatran or Skarmory. I'd go with Fire Punch for Ferrothorn, but to each his own. You could also drop Roost for the D/F/G combo, but then you have no healing and you might as well use Salamence's superior offensive stats.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
This man knows what he is talking about! Go with fire punch to take out forry and thorny. Also you could make a defensive dragonite set with:

Dragonite @ leftovers
Calm, 252 hp, 130 def, 126 spdef
Multiscale
~roost
~thunder wave
~dragon tail/claw
~Dragon dance

Maximum bulk and a +boosting nature plus mutli scale lets you take hits easily, thunder wave cripples opponents, roost heals, dragon dance improves your atk and spd and then either dragon tail which phazes or dragon claw for more reliable damage.

AgentBonkers

Pipe Dream
ahoy all...

i'm planning on breeding and properly EV training another Eelektross, since my current is not quite up to part where EVs and nature (>.>) are concerned. Decided between two similar models. Anyone can give me feedback on which on is best?

(and also good items to use, if you wish)

Eelektross @ ??
Adamant, 156 hp/252 Attk/100 Spd
Levitate

Coil
Wild Charge
Brick Break
Crunch/Rock Slide

or

Eelektross @ ??
Naughty, 252 attack/
252 Atk / 156 SpA / 100 Spd
Levitate

Coil
Thunder
Brick Bread
Crunch/Rock Slide

Thoughts? I feel like the pure physical attacker has more power, and easier in the sense of I don't *need* to spend the turn or two setting up Coil if I'm really afraid opponent might KO me, but at the same time, the Thunder option seems useful if I'm up against a physical wall...

lunar22

Da Boss Nigg@
Bronzong @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Heatproof
Adamant

-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Psychic

Basically just a stealth rock setup, also got the 252 HP for if he's gonna have to stick it out for the rest of the team, so he can take some hits. Gyro Ball is pretty standard, but due to Adamant nature, it's weakend a little bit. I love Bronzong with heatproof, due to ability to absorb some of his main weakness. I am unsure if I should run him in my first spot, due to a high amount of fire sweepers being leads lately. Psychic is in there for those times I might come across a fighting type, which I feel I am brave enough to keep Bronzong in for to stall, and TRY and take him out.

Hidden Power Ice is generally a better choice over Psychic for handling things like Gliscor. (whom Bronzong completely beats with it)

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Do you guys think this Bastiodon lead set is any good?
Bastiodon @ Zoom Lens/Rocky Helmet
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Atk
Sturdy/Sassy
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Taunt
-Stone Edge
Zoom lens to increase stone edge and toxic's accuracy. (yes, toxic now has 90% accuracy) 252 HP and Special Defense EVs so he is bulky and because he already has high enough defense. 4 attack EVs because he has 1 attack, stone edge. Sturdy because it is his best ability. Sassy because he doesn't need speed and a special defense boost. Stealth rock to set up, toxic to cripple tanks, taunt to cripple leads, stone edge for STAB. If he had rocky helmet then that would be to deal some damage while not losing too much HP.

Last edited:

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Yes but use metal burst.

lunar22

Da Boss Nigg@
Do you guys think this Bastiodon lead set is any good?
Bastiodon @ Zoom Lens/Rocky Helmet
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Atk
Sturdy/Sassy
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Taunt
-Stone Edge
Zoom lens to increase stone edge and toxic's accuracy. (yes, toxic now has 90% accuracy) 252 HP and Special Defense EVs so he is bulky and because he already has high enough defense. 4 attack EVs because he has 1 attack, stone edge. Sturdy because it is his best ability. Sassy because he doesn't need speed and a special defense boost. Stealth rock to set up, toxic to cripple tanks, taunt to cripple leads, stone edge for STAB. If he had rocky helmet then that would be to deal some damage while not losing too much HP.

In all honesty, Bastiodon is really too slow to make effective use of Taunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.