• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I would run psyshock to take on special Walls (blissey Lols in your face and jelly resists your other moves). You can still hit most steels neutrally with scald anyway.

Smogon is appearantly in the process of writing their analysis on him, but I don't quite follow the EV spread the author has (252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Sp. Def). It seems to me more Special Defense would be useful. His stats with that spread come out to 394 HP / 241 Def / 302 Sp. Def. Is this a good EV spread or is there a better one?

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Two Castform sets for Sun and Rain.

Castform @ Leftovers/ Wise Glasses.
Ability: Forecast
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Work Up
-Weather Ball
-Solarbeam
-Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam
*Castform is ridiculously weak, but fun to use. With base 70 stats all round, he has a sole use in Weather. In this sun version, Castform makes up for it's useless stats with STAB Weather Ball and Solarbeam, not to mention Work Up to make up it's crap stats. The last move acts as a filler: Thunderbolt gets rid of opposing Flyers and Waters, Ice beam gets rid of Grass and Ground, which beneficiate from the sunlight.*

Castform @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Forecast
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Weather Ball/ Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [BUG]
*Choiceform is another fun variant of Castform, STAB Weather Ball is very nice, but STAB Hydro Pump trades power for accuracy and less PP, Thunder has perfect accuracy in Rain, Ice beam gives Pseudo Boltbeam coverage, and HP Bug gives perfect coverage.*

ShinyDoug

Shine?
Another Shroom From ShinyDoug

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SpD, 4 HP
Nature: Careful
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Double Team
- ??? (Physical)

This guy is supposed to be able to draw attention to itself with Rage Powder, then spam Double Team to prevent any hits to either Pokemon. If all else fails, it will Spore the opponent and use its as-of-yet-unnamed Physical attack, which I would appreciate recommendations for. Basically just a Mon to annoy the living hell out of its opponents.

By the way, this is my new Shiny Amoonguss, so I'd appreciate it if you guys change anything EXCEPT its Nature.

Go crazy, and multiple opinions are very much appreciated.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Well I suggest you clone it first then you can try multiple sets if the one your are using doesn't work for you. Also I would max HP instead of spdef.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Sometimes i use somewhat overlooked pokes, and today I figured why not try arcanine? I like its DW ability, and I just got one in a trade, so this is what it looks like. Please fix if needed. Also need an item

Arcanine@??????
Justified
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
-Flare Blitz
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch
-Close Combat

I love this Arcanine. It destroys. Flare Blitz for strong STAB, but the recoil can be deadly. ExtremeSpeed for the best priority in the game. Crunch over Wild Charge because it is kind of dangerous to run two moves with recoil in one set and I had no move that didn't give recoil that affects ghosts. I use CC for a strong nice coverage move.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Meh flash fire is better...

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Nope, I use a mixed scarf set though with overheat instead of flare blitz and wild charge over extreme speed.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I use this to counter sand teams, specifiacally mons like Tyranitar and Excadrill.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Def/ 132
Nature: Bold
-Clear Smog
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
*Weezing is so amazingly bulky, it's a shame he doesn't get access to good recovery (I'm forced to use Wish). With the EV spread he has, Weezing can take a Swords Danced Return from Excadrill and still be able to not die from Sandstorm damage the next turn. With Clear Smog, weezing can stop any non steel Pokémon from setting up, and if a Steel Pokémon comes, then Weezing can take it out with Flamethrower, and possibly Will-O-Wisp for the likes of Excadrill and Metagross, though you can use it for regular physical attackers too. As for Pain Split, it's a very risky recovery move, so I always pair Weezing with a powerful Wisher like Vaporeon.*

Speaking of Sand Teams, meet the future of Tanks:

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Careful
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Substitute/ Explosion
*Sand Force Gigalith is the most destructive weather tank in history! Due to it's Rock typing, Gigalith's Special Defence is a whopping 393 in Sand, and after only one Curse, it's Defence and Attack are 444 and 460, respectively. This makes Gigalith a very bulky attacker, not to mention the Ability: Sand Force boosts the power of Ground, Rock and Steel moves by 33%, giving Earthquake 133 BP, and Stone Edge 199, factoring STAB, coupled with 460 Attack, Gigalith can take out almost anything that doesn't resist is and has enough Bulk to take the hits for it. The last move is a sort of filler. Substitute blocks Burn which is deadly for Gigalith, and it lets him use more Curses, whilst Explosion gets rid of almost anything with it's 250 Base Power, and it lets Gigalith finish tanking with a BANG.*

Blayd

Grrrr!
Since having Zangoose as my avatar since I joined, I realised that it's a fricking awesome looking pokemon. I realised it also had a good DW ability. So, I tried to make a good set for it.

335.gif

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Att, 4 HP
Moves:
1) Protect
2) Swords Dance
3) Return
4) Night Slash

Protect allows toxic orb to activate for a 50% attack boost, after that I can sweep with STAB return or night slash for ghosts. Swords Dance is for extra boostage, but I wasn't sure if I should replace it with Close Combat so I'm not walled by steels.​

335.gif

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Att, 4 HP
Moves:
1) Protect
2) Swords Dance
3) Return
4) Night Slash

Zangoose is my favorite pokemon. cool. Since Toxic Orb will bost by A LOT your attack, I recommend Close Combat > Sword Dance, since you're walled by a steel type.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Indeed, however you are an easy KO for anyone packing a Mach punch so I would not advise using him in OU where everyone carries a conk or breloom.

speedbump07

Hello, I'm having difficulty deciding on a moveset for my Scrafty, here's what I have currently:

Scrafty (F) @ Sitrus berry/?
Ability: Moxie
Ev's 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Nature: Brave
Iv's: 31/31/31/16/31/0
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
-Fake Out/Bulk Up

My problem is, I don't know which I should have in the last slot, Fake Out or Bulk up.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Bulk up definitely. Also max special defense instead of attack and use careful nature. Oh and lefties too.

Another possibility is to swap ice punch for rest and use shed skin.

ShinyDoug

Shine?
Well, cheeselord, I maxed SpD because his nature increases it... And I'm not capable of cloning.

Edit: guys, what's the best physical move on amoonguss?

Last edited:

speedbump07

Bulk up definitely. Also max special defense instead of attack and use careful nature. Oh and lefties too.

Another possibility is to swap ice punch for rest and use shed skin.

Umm, I don't play Pokemon Online, so I'm afraid everything but the moveset is set in stone x_x sorry

So Bulk Up over Fake Out on this set, as it is?

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Bulk up is way better. Use it. Also, moxie isn't that good without Dragon Dance. Shed Skin+Rest is much better.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Lefties .

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
...so I'm afraid everything but the moveset is set in stone x_x sorry
Ehh, well, I got to make due with what I got ^^

I've never understood this logic. Unless you've already trained it to 100, what is stopping you from breeding another one? It literally takes like 10 minutes from the time you leave the parents at the day care to the time you hatch the egg. It takes like, a day or so if you IV breed, and that assumes only moderate luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.