• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedbump07

I've never understood this logic. Unless you've already trained it to 100, what is stopping you from breeding another one? It literally takes like 10 minutes from the time you leave the parents at the day care to the time you hatch the egg. It takes like, a day or so if you IV breed, and that assumes only moderate luck.

Well, I've done just that, she's level 94 ^^; She's also shiny, so that adds to why I wanna keep her.

archeopsdan

once again im looking at random pokemon and ive found another quiver dancer

;284;@life orb
timid, intimidate
252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
-quiver dance
-bug buzz
-hidden power fighting
-shadow ball

basically quiver dance then sweep, bug buzz is stab and then shadow ball and hidden power fighting provide perfect coverage.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
It's as viable as any other quiver dancer (in low tiers of course).

I have one:

Audino @Flame Orb
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/124 SpD/4 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Fling
-Entrainment
-Attract
-Sweet Kiss
This is an irritation set. Simply begin with either Sweet Kiss or Attract to stall. Entrainment the foe unable to use its item. Fling to burn the foe.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Well fling only works once and after you use is you are major taunt bait, also whimsicott lols in your face.

Edit: and magic bouncers.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Hey guys, what's the best physical move for the aforementioned Amoonguss that nobody answered?

Tbh, Amoonguss has no viable physical moves at all, I would run Clear Smog on it, because it stops set up sweepers very well, even if it's special and has no BP.

I use this to counter sand teams, specifiacally mons like Tyranitar and Excadrill.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Def/ 132
Nature: Bold
-Clear Smog
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
*Weezing is so amazingly bulky, it's a shame he doesn't get access to good recovery (I'm forced to use Wish). With the EV spread he has, Weezing can take a Swords Danced Return from Excadrill and still be able to not die from Sandstorm damage the next turn. With Clear Smog, weezing can stop any non steel Pokémon from setting up, and if a Steel Pokémon comes, then Weezing can take it out with Flamethrower, and possibly Will-O-Wisp for the likes of Excadrill and Metagross, though you can use it for regular physical attackers too. As for Pain Split, it's a very risky recovery move, so I always pair Weezing with a powerful Wisher like Vaporeon.*

Speaking of Sand Teams, meet the future of Tanks:

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Careful
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Substitute/ Explosion
*Sand Force Gigalith is the most destructive weather tank in history! Due to it's Rock typing, Gigalith's Special Defence is a whopping 393 in Sand, and after only one Curse, it's Defence and Attack are 444 and 460, respectively. This makes Gigalith a very bulky attacker, not to mention the Ability: Sand Force boosts the power of Ground, Rock and Steel moves by 33%, giving Earthquake 133 BP, and Stone Edge 199, factoring STAB, coupled with 460 Attack, Gigalith can take out almost anything that doesn't resist is and has enough Bulk to take the hits for it. The last move is a sort of filler. Substitute blocks Burn which is deadly for Gigalith, and it lets him use more Curses, whilst Explosion gets rid of almost anything with it's 250 Base Power, and it lets Gigalith finish tanking with a BANG.*

Bumping this since no rates :^^

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Exactly, pain split is the best weezing gets and gigalith only gets rest.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
This is why I use a Wish Vaporeon, the standard set so I won't post it here.

But I did find a fun Tank!

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Careful
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch
*Another Sand Tank. With an unboosted 436 Defense and 492 Special Defense in the Sand, Reigrock only needs something to boost his Attack stat and a Recovery move (someday it will get Recover, just check the pokédex entry). The only move Regirock can get that boosts it's attack stat is Curse, which isn't bad since it boost it's Defense aswell in exchange for lowering it's useless speed. And for recovery, we can go for Drain Punch. Now we have two movelots left. So we throw in STAB Stone Edge and Earthquake for Edgequake coverage.*

Now I know that Regirock doesn't get acceptable recovery either, but at least it's better than Gigalith is.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Does clear body prevent your speed from being lowered by curse?

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Full explanations:

Clear Body prevents stat reduction caused by another Pokémon's move or Ability (but not stat increases, such as Swagger or Flatter). Stat reductions can only be caused on Pokémon with this Ability if they are self-inflicted, such as from moves like Superpower or Hammer Arm.

Clear Body does not prevent stat reduction as a side effect from paralysis or burning. Clear Body does not prevent stat losses caused by Heart Swap, Guard Swap, Power Swap, Guard Share and Power Share.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Oh OK. So it prevents stuff like intimidate and charm.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Yep, but Curse still does lower it's speed. But it's not as if it was going to outspeed anything anyway.

This reminded me of another Regi-Set I have.

Registeel @ Muscle Band/ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Adamant/ Brave
-Substitute
-Curse
-Hammer Arm
-Shadow Claw
*This Registeel set inevitably wrecks anything in TR. Curse is the ultimate move for TR Registeel, boosting it's Attack to deal more Damage, boosting it's Defense to rival the EVed Special Defense for bulkiness, and lowering speed to make it faster (in TR). Now for the Moves: Hammer Arm is a very powerful attack that lowers Speed even more, and Shadow Claw gives Registeel perfect coverage.*

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
I would max HP instead of spdef.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Blizzard
- Stockpile
- Substitute/Surf
My attempt at a Stallrein set. No clue what I'm doing, nor do I care. This is for a hail team. Any suggestions on how to effectively stall?

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Change stockpile to protect.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
;199; Slowking @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Defense / 76 Special Defense
- Nasty Plot
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic / Psyshock

I need a specially defensive wall that is either x0.5 or 0.25 resistant to Ice. I need either comments on this one, or suggestions for something better. With the given EV spread, Slowking can survive Conkeldurr's Payback (at full power), Latios' Draco Meteor, or even Thundurus' Thunderbolt. Nasty Plot is his big leg up on Slowbro, who is more physically defensive than specially defensive, and lets him hit hard even with no EV investment. Slack Off and Regenerator can keep him alive as long as I need. Scald gets STAB and can burn, helping his Defense, and Psychic also gets STAB and hits Conkeldurr and such. Psyshock is another option, but Psychic seems like it would help more in this case. Fighting types tend to be more physically defensive, and would be hurt more by Phychic.

archeopsdan

i decided to see what i could do with another random pokemon so this time its:

;430;@life orb/leftovers
timid, super luck
252 Sp.atk, 252 spd, 4 Hp
-nasty plot
-dark pulse
-hidden power fighting
-roost/heat wave

a nasty plot sweeper using dark pulse as stab, hidden power fighting gives perfect coverage and heatwave for stronger hits on some or roost for recovery.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
@chaosblizzard That looks pretty good! I can't see any problem! Psychic would be better over Psychic in this case for more damage against conk.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to think of a rain strategy for my event Raikou.

Raikou@Life Orb
Nature: Rash
EV's: 252 sp. atk 252 spe 4 hp
Ability: Pressure

1. Thunder
2. Weather Ball
3. Aura Sphere
4. Magnet Rise/Substitute/????

He is for a weather team. Thunder is 100% accurate, weather ball gets rain boosts, Aura Sphere nails tyranitar, The last slot i'm not sure about and i need some help with. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.