• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

takbir10

Banned
Zoroark

Zoroark@Life Orb--Illusion--Quiet
Night Daze
Focus Blast
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
EV's:didnt keep track,but i used some EV's to HP, Special attack and Speed
Illusion makes it fun to use, it plays mind games to the opponent
nasty plot is good to max its spec. attack. Night Daze is the stab. Focus Blast and Flamethrower are other attacks.
Zoroark is my favorite pokemon :D

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Make the nature Timid and the ev's 252 speed 252 sp. atk and 4 hp. Otherwise looks good.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
I reckon the best is:

Eelektross @ leftovers
Sassy, 252 HP, 252 spdef, 4 ATM
Levitate
• Coil
• Thunder
• Dragon claw
• Brick break

Why not D-tail to push something like Flygon out and give the eel something a bit easier to shoot at?

IMO I prefer tbolt to Thunder simply due to accuracy, if I'm missing something other than raw power on the reasoning by all means set me straight! ;)

Darkrai1117

Fear the night...
Coil raises Attack, Defence and ACCURACY. Therefore after a Coil or two, Thunder has near perfect accuracy with 120BP plus STAB, with the boosted Attack for the other two moves (in this case Dragon CLaw and Brick Break).

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
Why not screw it all and go zap cannon?

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
hmm..thunder-coil....I still like d-tail over d-claw, though...lord help you if that eel encounters a Garchomp, TTtar, Swampert, Torterra, or any other decent+ Ground or Rock (though BB has coverage, what happens if that one move gets taken down to 0?).

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Actually, he does learn zap cannon, but he would need quite a few coils for that to be useful. I might consider dragon tail, but the power is much less.

Meet the new OU beast.

Lairon@Evolite
Nature: Careful
EV’s: 252 hp 252 sp. def
Ability: Rock Head

1. Hone Claws
2. Head Smash
3. Earthquake
4. Stealth Rock/Iron Head/Double Edge

Ok, I was half kidding. But, if you eliminate fighting types, he can sweep. Hone Claws boosts attack, which is awesome, and accuracy, which helps head smash. Head Smash is huge power with no cost because of Rock Head. EQ is awesome. Stealth Rock is always cool. Iron head is stab, Double edge has no recoil. Awesomeness. Skarmory is 2HKO’d by Rivalry CB boosted Outrage. Lairon says lol to his outrages.

Last edited:

Eranu™

I think Lairon has a bit of low Spec Def and HP too sweep.
It's speed doesn't help either.
Though I do think it's a cool idea! and if you want to test it I would suggest double edge so if it comes to it, you can hit Gliscor.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Actually, he does learn zap cannon, but he would need quite a few coils for that to be useful. I might consider dragon tail, but the power is much less.

Don't have EV's worked out, but try this eel

Adamant @ Expert Belt
Wild Charge/volt switch
protect
dtail
Rock Smash/U-Turn/Acrobatics/brick break

Volt switch is slightly weaker, but that's fixed with ebelt; running VS over WC means no recoil damage. Dtail (rather than dclaw) for those Grnds that chew up electrics while also damaging dragons (again, boosted by the belt) and forcing a switch to maybe something easier to zap. Last slot is preference, but RS lowers opponents Df, U-turn gets eel into the clear, Acro gets fight/fly though loses from belt, and BB gets all those nasty darks and steels (and normals like Blissy) that might otherwise give you trouble (RS or BB would be my picks)

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Lairon@Evolite
Nature: Careful
EV’s: 252 hp 252 sp. def
Ability: Rock Head

1. Hone Claws
2. Head Smash
3. Earthquake
4. Stealth Rock/Iron Head/Double Edge

Ok, I was half kidding. But, if you eliminate fighting types, he can sweep. Hone Claws boosts attack, which is awesome, and accuracy, which helps head smash. Head Smash is huge power with no cost because of Rock Head. EQ is awesome. Stealth Rock is always cool. Iron head is stab, Double edge has no recoil. Awesomeness. Skarmory is 2HKO’d by Rivalry CB boosted Outrage. Lairon says lol to his outrages.

How is this better than CB Aggron?

takbir10

Banned
i need someone to gimme a moveset for hydriegon

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Last edited:

Eranu™

i need someone to gimme a moveset for hydriegon

Here:

Hydreigon
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Surf
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

This set worked really well when I used it.

pseudo pro

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Recover
- Barrier
- AncientPower
- Toxic

So this is like the greatest thing ever in UU. It has a 675 Special Defense in Sandstorm and has barrier to boost its Defense. Thanks to Suction Cups, it also cannot be Phazed. Recover off damage while opponents take Toxic damage. AncientPower has 10% chance of raising all stats so after even one boost this thing can't be touched and also prevents Taunt from ruining this set.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Calm
- Ancient Power/Recover
- Barrier
- Giga Drain/Grass Knot
- Toxic

So this is like the greatest thing ever in UU. It has a 675 Special Defense in Sandstorm and has barrier to boost its Defense. Thanks to Suction Cups, it also cannot be Phazed. Recover off damage while opponents take Toxic damage. AncientPower has 10% chance of raising all stats so after even one boost this thing can't be touched and also prevents Taunt from ruining this set.

If it's SDef is so high then why invest SO MUCH? Put more into it's weaker stat. Also, AncientPower's PP will get troublesome, so Giga Drain or Grass Knot are both options for another move. If going Giga Drain, you can still use AncientPower because of Giga Drain's extra-effect.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Darmanitan (M) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly
- Flare Blitz / Fire punch
- Superpower / Brick break
- Earthquake
- Flame Charge

hi guys. latley i've been thinking about new sets for different pokemon instead of the same movesets all the time and i have come up with this for a darmanitan. since it has base 95 speed, which is not slow but with all the pokemon with with over 100 base speed it gets outrun and killed alot, so you can use flamecharge to increase your speed and then attack with you monster 140 base attack stat. you could use fire punch and brick break over flareblitz and super power so you can survive longer in battle as falre blitz takes a lot of hp and super power decrease your attack and defense meaning you won't hit harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.