• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitor"

? That's why they exist

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
So I was considering putting Excadrill on my team but apparently he is now banned along with Thundurus is this right? Anyway I need a replacement. I was thinking Krookodile.

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EVs: +252 Spd +252 Atk +4 HP
Earthquake
Night Slash/Foul Play
Stone Edge
Dragon Tail/Outrage/Dragon Claw

I really just need a STAB Eq on my team and with Krook's Moxie I think one he kills something that it would be very good for me. But his frail defenses kind of make Focus Sash a must. He is also a good counter for ghost types which are very versatile and slightly scary. (Such as Gengar) But I don't feel he's the best replacement any other ideas?
You definetly need to run a scarf with Krookodile.

Vitor"

i don't thinks Scarf is really this necessary on Krookodile. he's speed's bigger than lots of pokémon, and he has a great attack that can be very useful when used correctly.

either way, i don't know why you chose Krookodile, i think Gliscor, Donphan, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Hippowdon and Whiscash are better options than him.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
i don't thinks Scarf is really this necessary on Krookodile. he's speed's bigger than lots of pokémon, and he has a great attack that can be very useful when used correctly.

either way, i don't know why you chose Krookodile, i think Gliscor, Donphan, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Hippowdon and Whiscash are better options than him.

Theres a thing called Landorus in the sand, try it out

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
The only niche krookodile has is moxie pursuit, which is better with scarf.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Yea, landorus is a beast. He's about 23x better than krookoodumb.

Vitor"

that's not actually true. Whiscash with a few Dragon Dances can sweep even better then Excadrill and Landurus. the problem is: he is useless without the boosts.

Vitor"

my point is: it depends on the strategy you use. Whiscash, Donphan, Mamoswine, etc. they all can be better than Landorus and Excadrill. but of course, in therms of stats, abilities and etc, Landorus and Excadrill are the best.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^You point isn't very good. A magikarp can be better than an Arceus if it has +6 in all stats baton passed to it. Landorus and Excadrill are better because they already have high stats so they don't have to boost to be good.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Okay. Here is my revised Krook set.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -Sp Atk)
Ability: Moxie
EVs: +252 Atk +200 Spd +56 HP
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Outrage

This is a very useful set. Once it's killed something ther's almost no stopping it. Unless I choose EQ and he sends in a flyer. I put a few extra EVs into HP to make him a little easier to switch into and Krook doesn't really need the extra 52 in speed to outspeed what I need him to. The only real threat I can see here is being stuck on a decent fighting type and not killing it in one hit. Also aqua jet can be an issue as well. Especially from Floatzels, and Sharpedoes with water gems. Krook's also vulnerable to super speedy pokes such as max spd Accelgor but there's no way to outspeed that with Krook.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Idk....he's already got EQ and crunch for the STABs. he could replace crunch for pursuit.

On the other side of that, CS with outrage could get yu into trouble with mixed types like Scizor and Lucario. Think about that..

Vitor"

i will say it again: there are lots of pokémon better than Krookodile. but if you still want to use him, take out Outrage and put Pursuit in. it's a way better option.

Ilan

When it's get released

Liepard
@focus sash
Trait: Prankster
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP 252 Attack 4 Defense
Fake out
Thunder wave
Taunt
Sucker Punch

A lead set I came out with but sadly it's not released yet, Fake out to break the sash of the other leads, thunderwave cripples everything that is not ground (the 30% of not attacking is really crucial), Taunt for preventing setting up and Sucker Punch as STAB and have wonderful synergy with taunt, didn't put EVs in speed sience all his moves are piriority the only problem is other piriority users and extreame speed users but for that you have sucker punch, it's main role is ruining leads and other pokemons and if it can then attacking (he have like 300 attack with the inversment I put to him).

It learns pursuit but it doesn't work... I played with it a bit in DW in PO it was pretty useful and annoying. I wish he had
U-turn but oh well...

Last edited:

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Use Jolly over adamant. Mach Punch Conkel and nape will rape that set but seems good. Other pranksters are better. Frail as hell but can be used in RU i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.