• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitor"

well, what do you guys think about this Serperior?

Serperior @ Life Orb
Abilty: Contrary
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
(-O-) Leaf Storm
(-O-) Giga Drain
(-O-) Attract
(-O-) Hidden Power [Rock]

Leaf Storm raises Serperior's SpA two stages because of Contrary. Giga Drain recovers the damage taken from Life Orb almost completely after a few boosts, and Hidden Power [Rock] takes out all the types that have an advantage over Serperior. some people say that Hidden Power [Ice] is better, because it also takes out Dragons, but i don't think so. with Hidden Power [Rock] Serperior kills Bug, Fire, Flying and Ice, leaving only weakness against Poison, which is not a very common type. i prefer taking out 4 types than only Dragon. Serperior's speed is great, so i don't think it's necessary to raise it with a Timid nature. even though some may think Attract is a noob move, it works pretty well with this set. it's better than Glare, because the enemy only has 50% chance of moving, while Paralyze leaves an 30% chance of not moving.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^I recomend using timid. Also, serperior has zero movepool, and you are basically going to use leaf storm against everything, so hp rock is realy only useful for volcarona. I would use hp ice. Lastly, ANYTHING>attract. Leech Seed could work. Serperior really isn't that great.

Vitor"

nope. seriously, Attract works perfectly with this set because it gives Serperior lots o rounds to boost it's SpA with Leaf Storm. you really should test it. hey, do you have Pokémon Online (the battle simulator)?

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
The Attract metagame has taken a bit of a twist since Entry Hazards got more focus. On a online battle sim like PO, Attract is more practical as most players tend to forget the genders of their pokemon when constructing them. Trainers have abused this by unleashing Rivalry pokemon onto unprepared teams, like Haxorus.

However, it's because of this that genders have been more focused on because of a careless Rivalry sweep. Defensive pokemon now HAVE to be female to save themselves from the wrath of Rivalry pokemon, since Rivalry also hinders attack against opposite sex pokemon. This is where we are now.

If you intend to use Attract seriously, take advantage of the switches it'll cause. Entry hazards like Spikes and Stealth Rock impede the switching game and will cause frustration if the opponent is unlucky enough to have an all male team. Of course, there's the rare female that'll mess up your Attract switching, but maybe if you had a female pokemon with Rivalry to take care of that...

But the point is. Attract forces switches. Abuse that. And be prepared. :U

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
134.png

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb / Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Acid Armor / Blizzard / Hidden Power [Electric]

I'd like a Wish passer for my team; I don't care who it is, I just want someone that can pass fairly sizable Wishes. Vaporeon seems like a natural choice given its high HP. I have a few qualms about her though.

1. She would be replacing a member of an already existing team, and that team is not weather driven. She would not be a part of a rain team, so any rain support she'd get would come from the enemy. Will this cripple her too much? Additionally, should I go for Water Absorb or Hydration?

2. The EVs and nature balance her Defense and Special Defense at 234 a piece, so she is perfectly balanced defensively. The HP gives her an odd number in her HP. Does this sound good?

3. For the last move, what would help her coverage the most? I have them prioritized, but I think Ice Beam would work best. Acid Armor would help her boost her already good Defense, Blizzard is just more powerful, and Hidden Power [Electric] would be really good, but it would make breeding her really hard. Should I just go for Ice Beam?

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Shelgon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Double-Edge
- Brick Break

this is my Physical Sweeper on NU, DD Shelgon almost get me to 6-0.

Darquese

Can't decide on these 2 for a hyper offensive team

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Or

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 244 Spe (12 SpA if Hydro Pump)
Nature: Jolly (Naughty / Naive if Hydro Pump)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell / Hydro Pump

244 Spe EVs for out speeding choice scarf terrakion after a boost. Hydro pump lets me get though physical walls much easier but don't know about naughty or naive.

Last edited:

Vitor"

the best Cloyster you can get is this one:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
(-O-) Shell Smash
(-O-) Icicle Spear
(-O-) Rock Blast
(-O-) Ice Shard / Razor Shell

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
What are the best harvest tropius sets? And any ideas for a uu special wall? One that isn't used much?

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Can't decide on these 2 for a hyper offensive team

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Or

Cloyster @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 HP / 244 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell / Hydro Pump

244 Spe EVs for out speeding choice scarf terrakion after a boost. Hydro pump lets me get though physical walls much easier but don't know about naughty or naive.
Use Cloyster. Because it's more powerful than Gyarados after Shell Smash. And try to put 12 on HP and using White Herb

Darquese

Use Cloyster. Because it's more powerful than Gyarados after Shell Smash. And try to put 12 on HP and using White Herb

This is for a HO team so life orb works alot better but everything else is great thanks will be using him.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
This is for a HO team so life orb works alot better but everything else is great thanks will be using him.
Did you think I didn't play HO? I played it dude. And I've been using Cloyster and I gave it White Herb and it's work perfectly and it didn't OHKO'd by Scizor's Bullet Punch.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Terrakion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

I know Life Orb + a boosting move is more standard, and I know CB or CS is more standard for this particular set, but I want to know how viable this set would be with no changes. Would the lack of LO/Choice hurt him too much?

Eranu™

With its base 108 speed this set could be pretty viable.
I think the lack of LO/Choice will hurt it since it has no boosting moves.
I'd run rock slide over stone edge. I prefer accuracy and flinching chances above stone edge but i think that's a personal matter.
I think this set could work with some little twitches.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Personally, i think it's a bad idea. No boosting moves or extra power hurts a lot. Terrakion needs the extra power to help slice through teams.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I would replace sacred sword for swords dance.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
drop CC and go SD. it'll assure a OHKO unless they're banded.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
No, you'd should replace Closecombat for swordsdance. With 90 base defenses it can withstand quite a bit of damge with a bit of investment into 'em. besides, with SacredSword it has more pp and a 135 atk STAB. closecombat drops yur defs and only has 5 pp while Sacred sword has 30pp. SD will boost that even higher and wont cost yu your defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.