• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usatoday

Eternal God
I'd use defense curl instead of accupressure

dildadonz

I've got two little troll-ish sets for you guys today featuring two of my favorite Pokemon:

392.gif

Infernape (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Torment
- Encore
- Fire Spin

This set isn't too viable but it's fun if you can pull it off. Firstly, if you can get dual screens up, it helps tremendously to give the little fire monkey some extra staying power. With good prediction, it's not too hard to bring him in on something that can't threaten him too much and begin setting up on it. The goal is to trap the opponent with Fire Spin, Encore it into a move, Torment it, then Protect on the turns it's able to attack. I know it's no too great but it's fun to use sometimes and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the only Pokemon able to use a set like this. (Heatran can run a similar set, but loses out on Encore)

213.gif

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rollout
- Power Split
- Acupressure
- Rest

Another decent-ish set, this one is meant to be used alongside Hipopotas in UU. With the boost from sandstorm and the EV investment in defense, he is extremely frustrating to face and hard to take out. While your opponent takes turns to switch around to try and counter this thing, Shuckle can use Power Split to cripple physical attackers and gain boosts with Acupressure. Once he is low on health and/or is status'd, he can Rest to regain health. Rollout is there for a really powerful STAB after Power Split and an Acupressure boost or two. The choice of item should be obvious, however the item Metronome could also be used as you'll pretty much be just spamming Rollout as an attack. I know there are plenty of hard counters to this thing, but it provides a nice surprise factor.

Infernape set isn't viable. The monkey is far too fragile and a lot of pokemon can use it as set up fodder. Pokemon like Scizor can switch out before you do anything and into something that will threaten you like Gyarados or Salamence. Toxic will just cripple this set.

Shuckle is in the same boat, anything with substitute can set up. It lacks a recovery method and can be used as set-up fodder. It has a measly 10 base attack and won't infllict any damage and accupressure is far to unreliable in online battles. This is taunt bait.

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
1. Yes, Infernape isn't viable (As I stated in the first sentence), however it can work on occasion, as it can gain bulk from dual screens. You have to come in on the right Pokemon for it to work in anyway and Toxic cripples most any set that has to stay in for more than a few turns.

2. Power Split can actually make Shuckle have halfway-decent attack and cripple an opponent in the process. And I agree about Acupressure; I actually meant to put Defense Curl as the first option as it makes Rollout quite powerful, especially on the fourth and fifth times.

306.gif

Aggron @Mental Herb
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Autotomize
-Taunt
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch

This is another gimmick set I thought of called AutoGron. It actually is quite useful, especially in sand teams. First I would Taunt the foe while I can, then go with Autotomize for higher speed and also in case of any low kickers out there who try to come against it. Usually, 1 or 2 Autotomizes would do but if ur in need of a lot of speed 1 more would do so. Stone Edge gets STAB which can be painful. Fire Punch to kill Ferros that try to block it. This set is actually really great.

X-Lucario

King of Losers
Thinking of training this
Umbreon@leftovers
Hp 4 Def 252 spdef 252
careful
Protect
Toxic
Moonlight
Curse

It's purpose is poison and stall but was also considering a curse baton pass strategy

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
213.gif

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rollout
- Power Split
- Acupressure/Defense Curl
- Rest

Another decent-ish set, this one is meant to be used alongside Hipopotas in UU. With the boost from sandstorm and the EV investment in defense, he is extremely frustrating to face and hard to take out. While your opponent takes turns to switch around to try and counter this thing, Shuckle can use Power Split to cripple physical attackers and gain boosts with Acupressure. Once he is low on health and/or is status'd, he can Rest to regain health. Rollout is there for a really powerful STAB after Power Split and an Acupressure boost or two. The choice of item should be obvious, however the item Metronome could also be used as you'll pretty much be just spamming Rollout as an attack. I know there are plenty of hard counters to this thing, but it provides a nice surprise factor.

Move the EV's to Sp.Def and change the nature from Relaxed to Calm. And change the Attack IV to 0.

The point of the change is to make Shuckle frustratingly hard to beat with a Special Attacker, so they'll want to send a physical attacker to try and dent Shuckle, luring them in to Power Split. The Power Split and super low Attack of Shuckle will drain the most out of your opponent and get the most Attack possible from and offensive beast like Haxorus or Conkeldurr.

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp
You guys think Stallrens good, check out Stallicolo!
Ludicolo@leftovers
Ability:rain dish
Substitute, Protect, Leach Seed, Toxic

Can potentially heal 25% of its health every turn, with protect he can heal potentially 50%. And unlike Walrean where people only predict the stall set, when people see Ludicolo, most predict the life orb swift swim set. So when they send in their wall, bam, toxiced, or bam substitute then toxiced, cribbing it for the match.

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
Move the EV's to Sp.Def and change the nature from Relaxed to Calm. And change the Attack IV to 0.

The point of the change is to make Shuckle frustratingly hard to beat with a Special Attacker, so they'll want to send a physical attacker to try and dent Shuckle, luring them in to Power Split. The Power Split and super low Attack of Shuckle will drain the most out of your opponent and get the most Attack possible from and offensive beast like Haxorus or Conkeldurr.

Nice, I never thought of that. And that would make Defense Curl more viable as well. Thanks :)

Psypert

Ludicolo@leftovers

Can potentially heal 25% of its health every turn, with protect he can heal potentially 50%. And unlike Walrean where people only predict the stall set, when people see Ludicolo, most predict the life orb swift swim set. So when they send in their wall, bam, toxiced, or bam substitute then toxiced, cribbing it for the match.

ok looks good, but with that moveset you are an easy taunt bait and Magic guard user like Reuniclus laugh of you

Last edited:

BugZ

Look Left------>
Ludicolo@leftovers

I say replace Toxic with either Scald or Ice Beam, with Toxic and Leech Seedhaving to both be set, that's 2 turns where they can hit you, and another one on the turn that you use Substitute, along with damage Substitute. You wouldn't last very long at all if you had both Toxic and Leech Seed.

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
I'm with BugZ, except I'd replace toxic or leech seed with rain dance to boost rain dish's effectiveness

Snorlax @Iron Ball
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Impish
-Fling
-Recycle
-Earthquake
-Return
This is another gimmick set I made called FlingLax. The point is to pretty much to Fling the Iron Ball a lot to cause insane damage. This would help a lot against any Ghost Types with Levitate. Earthquake gets rid of steel types walling you're way. Return gets STAB. This set has helped me out a lot in a way in OU. Please rate it. Please don't be rude.

BugZ

Look Left------>
I'm with BugZ, except I'd replace toxic or leech seed with rain dance to boost rain dish's effectiveness

it would probably be better to have Politoed support, considering the fact that Rain Dance doesn't last forever, and if your stalling something then you want rain to be active for a while

Snorlax @Iron Ball
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Impish
-Fling
-Recycle
-Earthquake
-Return
This is another gimmick set I made called FlingLax. The point is to pretty much to Fling the Iron Ball a lot to cause insane damage. This would help a lot against any Ghost Types with Levitate. Earthquake gets rid of steel types walling you're way. Return gets STAB. This set has helped me out a lot in a way in OU. Please rate it. Please don't be rude.

You might as well use Crunch, which outdamages Fling/Recycle over the two turns that it takes to use it. Iron Ball Fling also really isn't that powerful; STAB Return overpowers it.

Fling is better off used as utility with something like Flame Orb/Toxic Orb, or in combination with Acrobatics.

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Salamence @ Life Orb/ Expert Belt/ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 216 Atk/ 116 SpAtk/ 176 Spe
-Draco Meteor/ Dragon Pulse
-Hydro Pump/ Aqua Tail
-Outrage/ Brick Break/ Earthquake/ Roost
-Outrage/ Brick Break/ Earthquake/ Roost
I was wondering how viable this set is. I meant to use it under rain in place of Dragonite. Draco Meteor ish Draco Meteor. Dragon Pulse ish if you don't liekk teh power drop. Hydro Pump and Aqua Tail are interchangeable, Hydro Pump is obviously more powerful but less accurate. I found often that it was hindered by teh SpAtk drop from Draco Meteor. Aqua Tail ish teh alternative I found while scrolling through teh movepool. Itz physical, so it hits from Sal's higher Atk stat. Both get boosted by the rain and have decent coverage with Dragon. Outrage is for physical STAB after Draco Meteor is used. Brick Break and EQ are for coverage, and Roost is for recovery after LO recoil.

Teh item choices are Life Orb, Expert Belt, and Leftovers. Life Orb is for extra power, but includes a nasty recoil effect. Expert Belt lits Salamence feign a choice set and hit a switch-in for supereffective damage. Leftovers is, well, Leftovers.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
well, dragonite would be a lot better but it dosen't look to bad. I would suggest Outrage and earthquake as the last 2 moves. Do you know if the Ev's are to outspeed anything or KO anything otherwise i would use aquatail over hydro pump but thats my opion since you already got more attack ev's

AlexBW

Better, though...
Politoed @NeverMeltIce/MysticWater
Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/4 Speed/252 Sp. Atk
Adamant
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Perish Song

Scald and Surf for STAB. Ice beam to control grass type pokemon and perish song in emergency

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
well you don't need surf and scald for one. I would put a hidden power over one of them. the item would be better off as leftovers or a life orb

Status
Not open for further replies.