• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Staraptor@Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EV's:252Att/252Speed/4HP
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-Quick Attack
-Return

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Staraptor@Choice Band Ability: Intimidate EV's:252Att/252Speed/4HP -Brave Bird -Close Combat -Quick Attack -Return

I would replace quick attack for u-turn for brave bird and CC recovery. Also, what's the nature?

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I would put the nature at adamant. More power is always awesome. U-turn>Quick attack. Also, go with DW ability reckless, which will power up brave bird.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
If you use a choice band though, Jolly can also work letting you outspeed haxorus, hydreigon and not letting you get outsped by volcarona and the lot.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Darmanitan @Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs 4Hp/252 Attack /252 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Superpower
- U-Turn

Last edited:

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Also need him Rated
Conkeldurr@Fighting Gem
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Guts
EV's:4HP/252Att/252Def
-Superpower
-Drain Punch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
His purpose is to be a Physical Sweeper.

Last edited:

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Also need him Rated
Conkeldurr@Fighting Gem
EV's:4HP/252Att/252Def
-Superpower
-Drain Punch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
First of all, you need a description, second this moveset works MUCH better:
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Bulk Up
-Payback/Stone Edge

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Also need him Rated
Conkeldurr@Leftovers
EV's:4def/252Att/252HP
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

Much better.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Chandelure@Quick Claw
Nature:Modest
Ability:Flame Body
EV's:252SpAtt/252Def/4HP
-OverHeat
-Energy Ball
-Will-O-Whisp
-Hex
His purpose is to be a Special Sweeper.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
Holy crap, can we actually have descriptions as to what it's suppose to do? Also, if this is all in-game, go to the in-game section of the forums.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Protect stalls out more Toxic damage. I'll try your move set though; thanks.

Gliscor is 4x weak to Ice; Drapion is 2x weak to Ground. Drapion's Ground weakness is not comparable to Gliscor's utterly crushing Ice weakness. Furthermore, most Ground-type attacks are physical, which can be sloughed off, but most Ice-type attacks (Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hidden Power) are special and therefore pose even more of a threat to the physically defensive Gliscor.

I have a team to support Drapion's weaknesses. I understand the risks of running a Pokemon in a tier higher than its own. How does the set itself look for combating stall (i.e. not sweepers)?

As for combatting stall, you're gonna run into some things you will not like. Poli/Thorn/Nite defensive core will undoubtedly give you hell, as Thong can set up Seeds with no Taunt, or wear you down with G-Ball. Poli or Nite can both come in and deal massive hurt to Drapion, especially D-Nite, who is usually SubRoost and carries Hurriccane and Thunder.

Also, Skarm/Tran/Gastro can wear you down quite a lot, too, especially Tran. As all defensive Trans carry Lava Plume and possibly WoW, Tran can resist both of your STABs, burn you, and proceed to wear you down with Lava Plume or the rare Earth Power.

Also worth a mention, Bulk Up Toxicroak can really ruin your day, as some semi-stall teams carry them. Resistant to Poison and resists both STABs, Croak can effective set up on Drapion and proceed to destroy it with boosted Drain Punches.

Finally, SD Gliscor pretty much destroys this version of Drapion. Un-Taunted, it can set up SD and hit it with STAB Earthquakes. Taunted, it can still hit it with strong Earthquakes and 3HKO, which isn't a problem since Drapion lacks a method of recovery except Leftovers/Black Sludge and Drapion can't do jack to it.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, when you mention Ice type weakness, it is quite irrelevant. Most of the Ice-type moves that are most common are all special-based, and considering Gliscor's terrible SpDef stat, you would have to be one hell of a bad battler to let it sit in on any Special Attack to begin with, so its weakness is irrelevant. It's like saying "Oh, Skarmory is weak to T-Bolt, Thunder, Volt Switch, etc.". It's irrelevant because a majority of Elec-attacks in OU are specially-based, and Skarm is a physical wall, not meant to sit in and take special hits.

Gliscor has valuable resistances towards Elec, Fighting, Ground, and Bug, all of which are common attacking types in OU, from ScarfTom, Terrakion, Landorus, and Scizor.
Drapion has terrible resistances against Grass, Poison, Ghost, Psychic, and Dark. Grass isn't really a great type in OU to begin with, as it sports 5 weaknesses and its STAB move users do not have decent coverage in conjunction with other moves. You'll almost never see Poison-moves in OU. Ghost is really only used by Gengar and some Jolteon, who can 2HKO you with Focus Blast and Thunderbolt respectively. Psychic is only seen on Pokemon who have a STAB boost with it, and none of them would want to sit in on Dark-types in the first place. Dark moves are only seen on TTar, Scizor, and the rare Scrafty. Tyranitar uses his STAB Crunch a lot, but mixed and Banded versions can all hurt you with different moves. Scizor will only used Pursuit to Trap Psychic and Ghost types, and rarely uses it against anything else. Scrafty is rarely found in OU due to its niche being taken up by other Fighting types.

Last edited:

dildadonz

Chandelure@Quick Claw
Nature:Modest
Ability:Flame Body
EV's:252SpAtt/252Def/4HP
-OverHeat
-Energy Ball
-Will-O-Whisp
-Hex
His purpose is to be a Special Sweeper.

Use this moveset and spread.

252Spd/ 252Sp.Atk
~ Overheat / Fire Blast
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Fighting
~ Energy Ball

I know will' o wisp and hex combo sound promising but it requires two turns in which an opponent can switch to an ideal counter. If they do stay in you will get killed if they outpseed you as chandelure has no staying power and a weakness to stealth rock and fast attackers. It has good offensive momentum but can't take hits even if the opponent is crippled by status a special sweeper will ruin your day. My moveet optimises coverage but you could use substitute and pain split but I find gengar better.

PokeGuy2

NUFF SAID
Dragonite@Lum Berry
Ability:Multiscale
EV's:252Att/252Spd/4HP
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
I kinda want him to be a Fast Sweeper so thats mainly my purpose for him on my team.

Zachmac

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Ability:Multiscale
EV's:252Att/252Spd/4HP
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
I kinda want him to be a Fast Sweeper so thats mainly my purpose for him on my team.
It's good, but dragon claw may be an option for the first attack so that you won't be locked into it while a steel type comes out.

It seems like the standard offensive one to me.

Darkrai1117

Fear the night...
What would be the best moveset for a Sheer force Landorus?

Special Sheer Force or Mixed is usually used.

645.gif

Landorus@Life Orb
Timid/Naive
252Sp.Att/252Speed/4HP or Attack
Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Hammer Arm/Focus Blast
-Psychic/Rock Polish
Earth Power is your standard STAB. Hidden Power Ice is coverage. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn harder (around 57-68%), but Hammer Arm hits Blissey harder (57-68%). Psychic hits Fighting types harder, but Rock Polish allows him to outspeed more opponents, hitting 662 speed.

DarumakkaImposter

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe (or something of a defensive spread)
Sand Force
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot / Extransensory
- Focus Blast

k

Dragin990

Warrior's Will
Can anyone think of a double stat boost set for mewtwo? Calm Mind and Bulk Up. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.