• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Since I have a love for Normal types, I want to try this Pokemon, just because it's so unused and unexpected:

;295; Exploud@Wise Specs/Leftovers
Modest/Scrappy
252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 Speed
~Boomburst
~Overheat
~Surf
~Supersonic/Shadow Ball/Roar/Toxic

Honestly, the last two moves are fillers- depending on what route I want to go. Boomburst and Overheat are keepers; with Scrappy, NOTHING can avoid a 140-base power Boomburst (not even Substitutes), and anything that resists it can't hold up on an Overheat. Now, if I want to run Wise Specs, then Shadow Ball and Surf would be a good coverage set, but I'd like something like Toxic, Supersonic, or Roar (to include Spikes damage)

What do you guys think would be the best route for this Exploud? I know MegaLucario and basically any other Pokemon with a Fighting move would counter him, but if I put enough in HP, could he be tanky enough to survive a super-effective hit?

kishand

Dusclops
frisk
eviolite
252 def/252 sp. def/ 4 speed
bold
Move1 - trick room
Move2 - pain split
Move3 - will-o-wisp
Move4 - curse

being full def, it can break many pokemons buff that used in the previous round, for example dragonite, garchomp, and so on. using trick room is possible to reverse the game and opens the passage to another pokemon kill the one who was giving trouble, if the damage received by Dusclops not exceed 50%, the possibility exists to use will-o-wisp for physical damage and then use pain split to let the enemy in bad situation, curse is a good move because for those who use baton pass, he goes along, and there is no defense for example, protect and substitute.

Garchomp @ Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -Sp. Atk)
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Def.

Move 1 - Dragon Claw (Dragon)
Move 2 - Crunch (Dark)
Move 3 - Earthquake (Ground)
Move 4 - Brick Break (Fighting)

Garchomp is already a quick and powerful physical sweeper, just give him an Expert Belt with a moveset including a variety of move types, and you have yourself an even more OP Garchomp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.