• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

so adorable...
Old one was way too cluttered. It was getting absolutely ridiculous. LETS START AGAIN + make it not crap. ^_^

This thread is very self-explanatory: instead of posting a thread just for one or two movesets, which will be most likely infracted and definitely closed, ask for help here. However, do not post standard and/or Smogon sets, or anything too common -- it defeats the purpose of the thread. DO THESE STEPS before posting:

01. Check Smogon

You can find the analysis for each Pokémon by typing this: http://smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

e.g. http://smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ampharos/

Check your sets aren't there already. Also, check the Smogon Platinum Updates to make sure the sets aren't posted there before being uploaded to the site.

02. Search button

Just type in two quick keywords or something, e.g. 'agility rhyperior', to make sure no one has already posted your set. It greatly reduces work for both us AND you.

Thank you~

Yeah, you know the drill. Let's see if we can get anymore sets out of DPP.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
First post

Alright, I'm reposting a guy I came up with a while ago to get more opinion's on him

Gallade @ Life Orb/Big Root
Steadfast
Adament
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Shadow Sneak
-Substitute

Basic Sub set up set, with a twist. Gallade is the best Drain Punch user imo, and a very good Bulk Upper.

Rezon

Banned
What if you added more bulk to the evs?

An alternative ev spread could be:

100 HP/ 136 Spe/ 252 Atk/ 20 SpD

The HP evs allow for 101 Substitutes (Assuming Max HP Iv). 136 Speed EVs let you outrun Adamant 212 Speed Ev Breloom which is the only real threat you need to be outrunng. Max Attack is obvious. Then the rest were thrown into Special Defense for some extra bulk.

doku888

Where am I?
I'm trying to get a really wierd Ariados, and I have a wierd moveset... but I'm not sure where I should put the EV's...

Ariados@Leftovers
Insomnia
Jolly Nature

Toxic
Bounce
Agility
Sucker Punch

The leftovers are for recovery while using bounce, and If I could set up Toxic, then it's an extra turn. Agility is for outrunning stuff, and Sucker Punch if I need to get in a final hit. EV suggestions?

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Togekiss@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ev's: 100Hp/168SpD/104Spe/138Spa
Moves
Nasty Plot
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Roost

Nasty plot Togekiss with some bulkiness and sweeping evs. After 1 or 2 nasty plots this thing is deadly and I can definintley get at least one nasty plot.

calum

Banned
@ Rezon

Those EVs only allow for 302 HP.

But a more bulky spread is needed.

Sebonzakura

moved to smogon
I made a Salamence set That kills some of its counters like scizor and weavile and it works very well.

Salamence@Salac berry/Leftovers
Nature:Jolly
EVs:4 HP / 252 Atk / 106 Def /148 Spe
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance/Eartquake
-Dragon Claw
-Fire fang

Description:This is a very promising set in my opinion.First switch to something that can't hurt Salamence like a pokemon locked into a ground attack.Then sub on the switch and dragon dance as the opponent tries to break the sub.After the sub breaks keep using substitute until you activate Salac berry.After that Salamence can start sweeping.In the third slot Dragon claw works well with Fire Fang.Dragon claw is for STAB and Fire fang For steel types.The main reason that outrage isnt the first option is because it is walled by steels.Roost is also an option as it can help Salamence last longer.The 4 HP EVs (lol) bring Salamence to a 332 HP stat witch is divisable by 4 and allows the activation of Salac berry with substitute.Then I maximised the attack.With 148 speed EVs Salamence is able to reach 300 Speed stat witch is enough to outspeed neutral max speed base 100.The rest EVs are put to defense.
If you run Dragon dance you are walled by Heatran thats why earthquake is an option.
This set is very good on a rain team where Salamence doesnt worry about sandstorm.
Swampert pairs well with this set because can take out Heatran.

What do you say.
I posted it and in the previous thread but none answered :(

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Interestind salamence. I recomend fire blast if no DD instead of fang. Put in another physical attack if with DD.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Mewtwo@ Leftovers- Timid Nature
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 226 Def / 32 Spe
-Substitute
-Recover
-Taunt
-Ice Beam

PP stall/ phasing without roar mewtwo. Keep subing to get rid of PP. Good for uber spiking teams. Credit to Moe_Joe for posting this set.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
Lol DL didn't you get the first post on the last one to?

O.k. time for my uncounterable Salamence which may be invalid :X but I son't think so.

Salamence @Enigma Berry
Naughty
112 Atk/144 SpA/252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Draco Meteor

The EV's are crap right now and I plan on fixing them later... basically, maximize Spe (I don't know why.... there's likely a better number) and then get enough SpA to 2HKO Skarmory after 2 SR switch-ins. Why? B/c his only way of dealing with me is to Whirlwind me out.

SO: Why is it uncounterable? One, the Enigma Berry. This means things like ScarfLatias, Scarf Starmie, etc.. can't 1HKO me, while I can kill them. Also, revenge killers like Mamoswine lose to me as well.

Second part: Draco Meteor. This bich beats Physical wall counters like Swampert into a pulp. It also nets me a 2HKO on Skarmory after 2 SR switch ins, so he goes down as long as he doesn't get a roost. But who switches Skarmory into a Salamence before the Outrage? No one does.

Earthquake is for Empoleon and Heatran.

Pretty kickarse right? The only 100% way to deal with this mofo is to absorb an Outrage. But even then, the Enigma might save me a turn and I'll kill you thru the confusion =P

I'll fix the EV's with a better Spe value later prolly.

Dugtrio

Wendle,
Nice Set ^ though i hope it doesn't become standard.

Lead Sharpedo@ Focus Sash
Rough Skin MIld
252Attack,252spkA,4speed
Surf/Hydro pump
HP grass
Aqua Jet
Waterfall/Taunt
The Evs i need a lot of help with but the rest of the move set plays like this.
Surf hits metagross, Mamoswine, Aroedactyl.
HP grass For swmppert a like ly 2HKO so if he stays in hes dead.
Aqua Jet for Focus sashs.
WaterFall for Main STAB
Taunt is if you don't want rocks on the field.
This poke won't mind a Choice Scarf

super_tien93

Cascade Trainer
How's this one:

Sandslash @ Leftovers - Impish Nature
Ability: Sand Veil
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Protect
-Sandstorm

Sandstorm obviously gels with Sand Veil for extra survivability, and with Toxic for some good damage. Protect and Substitute obviously stall for Leftovers recovery and Toxic/Sandstorm damage. I was also considering replacing something for Stealth Rock. I'm not confident with EV's, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
@ super t: Max out it's speed to get that sandstorm out faster. Then distribute the remaining E.V's to it's HP and/or defenses, as it's not running any attacks. Beware that STEEL types block this completely so I would suggest Earthquake before SR. Could also try dig if you were feeling extra risky.

It'd provide added stalling at the cost of a sub par base power.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
@darkfall maxing out speed on sandslash is crap, it's too slow to set it ahead of anything important anyway.
Sandstorm is also pretty crappy, you should have tyranitar/hippo support really, since 5 turns of sandstorm isn't enough for stall. swap sandstorm for Earthquake to hit stels and poisons.

Typhoon1

Tides have turned.
I've been breeding for a timid HP [fire] magnemite forever (like, 8 months) and finally got one. It's loosely based on one I saw Rhys post a long time ago, but fits my team well. I need it to efficiently deal with scizor, and set up reflect for a CM latias sweep. Here is...

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 92HP/180SpA/236Spd
IVs: 31/10/29/30/27/26
-Thunderbolt
-HP [fire] 67
-Thunder Wave
-Reflect

The EVs give it good lefties number, and let it outspeed and OHKO 252HP scizor (most of the time, but who gets perfect IVs for WiFi?). If you have any suggestions to improve this set, please say so.

acer blaze

I'm not too sure on what to make with my Salamence...

Salamence @ Choice Band or Lum berry (I'm not too sure on this)
Nature: Adamant
EVs: HP 120/ Atk 252 / Spd 136
- Outrage
- Stone Edge (Atk power) or Rockslide (accuracy)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast (Special Attacking move, for just incase things)

randomspot555

I think having Dual dragon STAB would be best, so you won't always be stuck in an Outrage. Dragon Claw would be the best bet.

Though Thunder Fang would be great for taking down Gyarados.

calum

Banned
Ive got this feeling that you still take the hit, and heal 25% afterwards.

If not it is soo broken

Awesome A

The Gameshark
hmm. I haven't actually tested the set yet Calum, but if you're right, =/

Here's hoping ^^

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
I think having Dual dragon STAB would be best, so you won't always be stuck in an Outrage. Dragon Claw would be the best bet.

Though Thunder Fang would be great for taking down Gyarados.

Doesn't Stone Edge, which acer blaze should be using instead of Rock Slide, already take care of Gyarados?

Status
Not open for further replies.