• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't see the point of that set. Did you even read what that Typhlosion was supposed to do? It's not a scarf pokemon, it's not a sunnybeamer, it's a wall breaker, and is meant to hit hard right when it get's in. Power herb allows me to fire a solarbeam in one turn, so I can get a surprise kill on a pokemon that comes in. HP rock then gives Typhlosion excellent type coverage alongside a grass and fire move. The set you gave me is counterproductive and has really bad type coverage (Fire and Dragon types wall you). Life Orb is counterproductive with Eruption and is much more useful to use a move like fire blast for more power. And having two unSTAB moves is never a good idea on any pokemon. Whatever is not an item so if you are not gonna try don't write it.
By all means go for your set, but it'll only work once. You shoot a Solar Beam at them when they switch x in, it might kill x it might not, but as soon as that Power Herb is used up it's a normal Typhlosion. The bolded part also is very untrue, I can think of 493 Pokemon who commonly use 2 or more unSTAB attacks.

Also, thanks for criticizing my perfect Smogon analysis, I really appreciate it.
i also have a PorygonZ, is it good-ish?

Porygod @ Life Orb
Modest, Adaptability
4HP/252SpAtk/252Spd
Nasty Plot
Ice Beam
Tri Attack
Discharge

i love my porygod, alot of effort in it :)
It depends on whether you're using this in UU or OU. If UU, you definitely want to change it up a bit:

Porygon-Z @Life Orb
Adaptability | Timid | 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spd
~ Substitute
~ Nasty Plot
~ Tri Attack
~ Dark Pulse

There is so much Fighting priority flying around in UU that you need P-Z to be behind a Sub if you want to NP up. You don't have to go with Dark Pulse, you could use anything really, but Dark Pulse hits Ghosts so I'd advise you go with it.

As for OU, there are plenty of sets on Smogon.

777ICH777

The bolded part also is very untrue, I can think of 493 Pokemon who commonly use 2 or more unSTAB attacks.

Also, thanks for criticizing my perfect Smogon analysis, I really appreciate it.

Oops, on that first part I meant 2 unSTAB moves of the same type, I know that. That's why I don't see the point of using two grass moves, especially on a sunny day pokemon. And I'm not sure what you meant by perfect smogon analysis...

777ICH777

Lol yeah that mattered. But the only bad on that set would be that eruption would be your only fire move, and if typhlo got weak then it would be useless. Idk though, mine is a weird set. I still need to try it out more, since i can't try it out on shoddy because there is no power herb for some reason.

SOCCER_PRO

Hey i have a
UT Shiny Relaxed Latias
can someone please tell me a good move set and spread for it?
I was thinking maybe Mixed Wall because relaxed is +def -speed
but i dont know, suggestions would be really appreciated

Relaxed isn't a very good Latias nature at all, but ok.

Latias @Leftovers
Levitate | Relaxed | 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
~ Calm Mind
~ Refresh/Substitute
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Surf

There. Calm Mind set.

Direksone

Ahhh, where'd my post go -_-? I was going to say that Speed isn't worth it without Quick Feet, and you won't achieve much bulk with the recoil, so you may as well just use a bulky Choice Band set. Of course, Ursaring is not incredibly bulky anyway, and being able to switch moves is nice... Definitely Crunch > one of the punches. I think ThunderPunch is the one to replace it with, as you only want to be hitting Gyarados with that one. It would be nice to know what tier you intend on using the Ursaring in, though! I assumed OU, but NU and UU are quite different.

Exactly, since I wont be using Quick Feet theres no use in speed, for that reason I'd want his EV spread to be more bulky. Yes flame orb would kill me faster and thats a reason Lefties would be better, but since both of his abilitys only work when statused and you cannot predict such a thing youre better off putting a flame/toxic orb on him, even with the toxic orb his base attacks is 100%-25%+50%=125%, still a 25% gain on the attacks.

There is no tier I'll be using him in since I'll be using him on PBR mostly. Thats also the reason why I watn to achieve the most possible type coverage cause youre mostly fighting 3v3. If I'd for instance would go with Gliscor and perhaps Weavile I need to be able to counter their weaknesses, so the team I have should be covering eachothers weaknesses. So far Weavile Gliscor and Ursaring are definately in the team, considering Magmortar and Ampharos.

Could somebody please help me with my salamence moveset? I'm calling it X-Mence

373.png

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower/???
- Earthquake/???

this is for wifi so i wanted to get some more opinions before i breed it and raised it. Its main job is to counter salamence. the nature, evs and scarf allow it to outspeed just about any other salamence. I'm using this on a team with SD lucario, which will be completely ruined by salamence, which threatens fire blast and earthquake. The typing of X-Mence grants immunity to earthquake and resists fire blast. I then can OHKO with outrage. I'm not worried about opposing salamence outrage because i switch in when they are attacking lucario, who resists dragon-type. is this assuming too much? Hydro pump takes care of gliscor, another threat to lucario, and flamethrower/earthquake give type-coverage.

So what I really need to know is this: if you brought in a salamence to counter a SD Lucario, would you use EQ/Fireblast (making my set viable), or would you use Outrage/Draco Meteor (making my set worthless). Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!

373.png

- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower/???
- Earthquake/???

this is for wifi so i wanted to get some more opinions before i breed it and raised it. Its main job is to counter salamence. the nature, evs and scarf allow it to outspeed just about any other salamence. I'm using this on a team with SD lucario, which will be completely ruined by salamence, which threatens fire blast and earthquake. The typing of X-Mence grants immunity to earthquake and resists fire blast. I then can OHKO with outrage. I'm not worried about opposing salamence outrage because i switch in when they are attacking lucario, who resists dragon-type. is this assuming too much? Hydro pump takes care of gliscor, another threat to lucario, and flamethrower/earthquake give type-coverage.

So what I really need to know is this: if you brought in a salamence to counter a SD Lucario, would you use EQ/Fireblast (making my set viable), or would you use Outrage/Draco Meteor (making my set worthless). Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'd suggest give some EVs into SpAtk, so you can power Hydro Pump, and flamethrower, also, fire blast can work very well over flamethrower.

You can also try brick break over EQ, both are very good moves, but depends what you want.

And why don't you just call him scarfmence.lol

I'd suggest give some EVs into SpAtk, so you can power Hydro Pump, and flamethrower, also, fire blast can work very well over flamethrower.

You can also try brick break over EQ, both are very good moves, but depends what you want.

And why don't you just call him scarfmence.lol

haha scarfmence makes a lot of sense i dont know why i didnt think of that. i'll try out fire blast and see how i like that. I put EQ over brick break originally because lucario has close combat. the last two moveslots are for coverage, so i'll have to figure out the rest of my team and what needs to be hit hard. thanks for the help!

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
haha scarfmence makes a lot of sense i dont know why i didnt think of that. i'll try out fire blast and see how i like that. I put EQ over brick break originally because lucario has close combat. the last two moveslots are for coverage, so i'll have to figure out the rest of my team and what needs to be hit hard. thanks for the help!

no problem.

also,i forgot, in the coverage slots, you can always try Draco meteor, it works pretty good, but hydro pumps covers almsot everything DM tries to do, some even better.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!

no problem.

also,i forgot, in the coverage slots, you can always try Draco meteor, it works pretty good, but hydro pumps covers almsot everything DM tries to do, some even better.

373.png

- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower/???
- Earthquake/???

Ok first off: any decent player would not use Earthquake/Fire Blast on Lucario first up. They'd probably just Draco Meteor or DD up, since it's a given the Luke will switch (unless it has Ice Punch or something). Or at least I would.

Now, I have a few problems with your set. Firstly, you're relying on Outrage to kill Mence. This leaves you very wide open to revenge killing/getting set up on by Skarm/Forry. Get rid of Hydro Pump and run Hidden Power Ice. It kills Mence and Gliscor, and doesn't lock you in/get affected by Intimidate. Next, I reckon get rid of Outrage and go for Draco Meteor. This way you can feign a MixMence by coming in, firing off Draco Meteor (like a normal MixMence). You can't really come in on Mence, but it's good to be able to feign MixMence.

They do actually.

Salamence @Choice Scarf
Intimidate | Naughty | 252 Atk/80 SpA/176 Spd
~ Outrage
~ Fire Blast
~ Hydro Pump
~ Earthquake

Which looks almost identical to the set posted.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Ideas for Leafeon movesets, anyone?

I actually got lucky in the GTS today and managed to obtain a lvl.1 female Jolly Eevee that looks like it has good IVs. I looked at the Eeveelutions’ base stats and the only one that seemed to be compatible with her nature is Leafeon.

I haven’t had much experience with Leafeon, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what a good moveset for her would be and how to best utilize it in battle. I was thinking maybe a support, Baton-pass or a disrupter role, and that Synthesis move Leafeon can learn could have some utility, I think…

(By the way, she came with no egg moves, but she is perfect breeding material.)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated by this poor noob. :p

Shock Trooper

Rockets ready, Sir!
I actually got lucky in the GTS today and managed to obtain a lvl.1 female Jolly Eevee that looks like it has good IVs. I looked at the Eeveelutions’ base stats and the only one that seemed to be compatible with her nature is Leafeon.

I haven’t had much experience with Leafeon, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what a good moveset for her would be and how to best utilize it in battle. I was thinking maybe a support or a disrupter role, and that Synthesis move Leafeon can learn could have some utility, I think…

(By the way, she came with no egg moves, but she is perfect breeding material.)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jolly Leafeon is usually used as a physical sweeper.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature- Leaf Guard
252 Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP

Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
X-Scissor

Leaf Blade is nice for STAB boost, Quick Attack for priority revenge killing, and X-Scissor hits other Grass types hard, especially Cacturne and Shiftry.

Leafeon really can't do much against stuff like Weezing and Steel-types, so run it with something to beat those. Mixed Blaziken works well, since it has a chance to OHKO Weezing with LO Fire Blast with Stealth Rock up and Registeel and Steelix both hate Blaziken. Leafeon can then take Aqua Jets and Water/Ground junk from Blaziken thanks to its nice 110 Base Defense (iirc).

Leafeon @Life Orb
Leaf Guard | Jolly | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Return/Quick Attack
~ X-Scissor

No egg moves required. Best suited to UU.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.