• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Annoying Dunsparce
Dunsparce @BrightPowder
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 76 Spd
Bashful/Docile/Hardy/Quirky/Serious Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
-Mud-Slap
-Rock Slide
-Swagger
-Thunder Wave/Glare

Think about this...BrightPowder increases your evade, Mud-Slap reduces the opponent's accuracy (unless it's immune to Ground), Thunder Wave/Glare paralyzes, Swagger confuses with the extra punch, and Rock Slide flinches. I give full credit to tyranitar23 from GameFaqs. This came from his Battle Techniques Guide and according to him, the opponent has only a 6-8% chance of hitting you. Believe me. This works! It is without a doubt THE annoyer.
Why those natures? Get a nature that actually helps with its poor defense.
The biggest flaw I see is that you throw two strategies onto one pokemon that isn't sturdy enough to pull both of them off.

Just stick with the paraflinch. Screw the accuracy crap.

With HG/SS on the way, a few new egg moves are introduced. One of the recently popularized ones in particular, is dragon dance whiscash. Along with wiscash gaining Ddance, Tropius does as well. Unfortunately, Whiscash is the superior dragon dancer, meaning tropius is left behind with little thought. But, what about another exciting option that's always been around? Why, i'm referring to growth! His special attack is relatively low, but after a growth or 2, he could be able to wreak some NU havoc...

Tropius @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power
Modest nature
224 Spe, 252 Sp Atk, 34 Def
- Air Slash
- Growth
- Energy Ball/Solar Beam
- HP-Fire

Dependant on which ability you choose, will cause different outcomes for the set. With Chlorophyll and the spe EV's, you get boosted to 386 Speed, which is beyond the reach of standard 240 Spe Scarf Blaziken. The rest of the EV's are there for the sake of being there. With Solar Power however, you can't outrun near as much, but you CAN hit with effectively double your strength. Think of it like this, after the first growth, you hit 400 special attack. After the Life Orb you hit 520. After Solar Power, you sit at 780! That's at +1. Generally, ability choice is yours and yours alone. Onto the moves, Air Slash is generally there for STAB and lets you hit bug types and rival grass types for some nice damage. With Chlorophyll, you can make use of that flinch rate, but with solar power you can make use of that devestation. Your grass STAB of choice, should be solar beam, as this set works the best in sunlight, but if your team isn't based around sunlight (Using tropius without sun? You monster) then your stuck with energy ball. Moral of the story, put him in some strong sunlight. HP-Fire is useful in the sunlight as well, as it hits increased power, and hits the steels that wall the entire rest of the set.

Any ideas for it folks? I'm counting on you

Go with Chlorophyll, Brikien. It's the best way since you already have a Life Orb/Growth, there is no need for greater power if you already have sufficient strength. Besides, with Solar Power you're just killing yourself slowly.

Here is some item help.
Chlorophyll-Life Orb
Solar Power-Leftovers

Add EVs to HP, preferably a number divisible by 16. Let me tell you why.

With Solar Power, you lose 1/8 of your HP each turn. But with Leftovers, it cuts the amount of damage you take from Solar Power, translating to about 6% of your health.

Eaglehawk

Banned

ProjectXV

Fear the Fox
Absol@Focus Band Default
Sucker Punch
Psycho Cut
Me First
Swords Dance
252+ Atk & Spd / Adamant

Probably my favorite competitive pokemon yet, with Focus Band Absol's guaranteed a Swords Dance, essentially doubling its base 130 attack stat, whilst Sucker Punch (with the right prediction) allows Absol to strike first. Psycho Cut gets a large hit on Dark resistant Fighting types, and Me First adds another element of surprise to opponents who think they can face Absol without fear, especially TTar, who's Sandstream and Dark/Psychic resistance/immunity would completely wall a Absol without Me First (for instance, TTar switches in, Sandstorm goes up, Absol uses Me First, Stone Edge, 1.5 boost from Me First, Swords Dance boost, OHKO).

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I finally feel better from my flu, I'm going come back to the thred and rate and stuff.

I have always love Buizel and Floatzel since I have seen them.

Floatzel@Damp Rock
Swift Swim
Adamant
252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Speed

~ Rain Dance
~ Bulk Up
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Punch

Just mixed the set up a bit. I use him on my Rain Dance team. He works good with Bronzong, Bronzong sets up the walls, Foaltzel sets up the rain to weaken Fire type moves. Moveset is pretty self explanatory.

I reckon put the SpD EVs into Def and the Atk EVs into SpD. Uxie doesn't really need Evs in Atk if it's just there for FlinchHax.

Brikien93

Flygon Fan
Lately i've been playing around with feraligatr, when I came up with not a new set, but with a new EV spread as a deviation from the standard dragon dancer. A few of feraligatr's big hinderances, is killing himself off with his own life orb, and being killed by some nasty attacks. So I decided to make a bulky Dragon Dancing feraligatr setup for UU play...

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Adamant nature
228 HP, 176 Atk, 88 Spe, 16 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Bulky DD Feraligatr. 88 Speed EV's puts him at 318 speed after the DD, meaning he outruns +speed natured base 95's. HP is his highest leftovers threshold, and the attack EV's reaches a jump point. All remainder EV's are placed into defense. Dragon Dance boosts his mediocre speed and respectable attack stat. Thanks to his new found bulk, he's able to get mutliple dragon dances in with little to no trouble, compared to the standard offensive dragon dancer. Not to mention, this feraligatr doesn't end up killing himself off in the end. Waterfall is your obligatory STAB move of choice, and after those dragon dances, the flinch rate becomes usable. Ice Punch is secondary sweeping option necessary for hitting the grass types feraligatr is weak to. Earthquake is the final wrapping up move of the set, as it deals with his electric weakness.

I haven't actually gotten around to a list of attacks going against him yet, but i'll try to get that finished as soon as possible.

Until then, any suggestions for this set?

Eaglehawk

Banned
Lately i've been playing around with feraligatr, when I came up with not a new set, but with a new EV spread as a deviation from the standard dragon dancer. A few of feraligatr's big hinderances, is killing himself off with his own life orb, and being killed by some nasty attacks. So I decided to make a bulky Dragon Dancing feraligatr setup for UU play...

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Adamant nature
228 HP, 176 Atk, 88 Spe, 16 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Bulky DD Feraligatr. 88 Speed EV's puts him at 318 speed after the DD, meaning he outruns +speed natured base 95's. HP is his highest leftovers threshold, and the attack EV's reaches a jump point. All remainder EV's are placed into defense. Dragon Dance boosts his mediocre speed and respectable attack stat. Thanks to his new found bulk, he's able to get mutliple dragon dances in with little to no trouble, compared to the standard offensive dragon dancer. Not to mention, this feraligatr doesn't end up killing himself off in the end. Waterfall is your obligatory STAB move of choice, and after those dragon dances, the flinch rate becomes usable. Ice Punch is secondary sweeping option necessary for hitting the grass types feraligatr is weak to. Earthquake is the final wrapping up move of the set, as it deals with his electric weakness.

I haven't actually gotten around to a list of attacks going against him yet, but i'll try to get that finished as soon as possible.

Until then, any suggestions for this set?
If it's a DD set, taking advantage of Aqua Jet would be very nice, though not recommended . It gives it a good priority move, and with Dragon Dance it'll give the opponent something to think about, but definitely isn't a highly recommended option, since it isn't strong enough as Waterfall and with a DD, you can mostly out speed everything in UU.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
He can always use Swords Dance over Dragon Dance if Aqua Jet is viable. Swords dance doesn't provide the speed boost, but with priority it doesn't matter. It also helps him differentiate from Gyarados.

randomspot555

He can always use Swords Dance over Dragon Dance if Aqua Jet is viable. Swords dance doesn't provide the speed boost, but with priority it doesn't matter. It also helps him differentiate from Gyarados.

Exactly. Too many Feraligatr sets are basically a poor-man's Gyarados. It's got a few unique move selections, ability, typing, and base stats. Use them to it's advantage.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Especially Bulky so it can get the Ability pinch. Either way, with SD or DD, will work.

Aqua jet is potentially deadly when in combination with SD, since you have the buy of priority, so you can kill facades like Swellows.

Waterfall w/DD is even more deadlier in ways. Combined with abilipinch, it can pretty much kill anything.

Last edited:

devildamo

can i have some help with a naive nature brellom
toxic orb
i need help with ev's and moveset

randomspot555

can i have some help with a naive nature brellom
toxic orb
i need help with ev's and moveset

Naive nature is a poor choice for Breloom. It needlessly lowers Special Defense.

When choosing a nature, you want to choose a stat that you want to boost and lower a stat that you won't be using. So in Breloom's case, the only two stats worth boosting are Attack and Speed. And the only stat worth hindering is Special Attack, since it's so low there's no point in using it. So aim for an Adamant of Jolly nature.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I found a shiny bold Oddish and can't decide what to make it, a Vilepume or a Bellossom.

182.png

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 180 SpD

~ Solarbeam
~ Sunny Day
~ Toxic / Safeguard
~ Moonlight

45.png

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 196 SpD

~ Solarbeam
~ Sunny Day
~ Aromatherapy
~ Moonlight

I like Bellossom's colour better than Vileplume but Aromatherapy is more hepful for my team.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
ok i need help here.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 58 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Ever since it was revealed that Dragonite had gotten extremespeed back from HG/SS i've been wanting to use Dragonite again with it competitively, however this set doesn't seem to do so well when i use it, any suggestions?

Overall I want to keep it as a physical fighter or a mixer if it comes to that.

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
;471; Modest Nature
@ choice specs
252 Sp. A/200 Spe/56 HP
- ice beam
- shadow ball
- signal beam?
- water pulse?
- some type of hidden power?

or @ leftovers
Not completely sure on EVs, want some in both defenses, HP, and Sp. A, maybe..
130 Sp. A/126 Def/126 Sp. D/126 HP
- ice beam
- shadow ball
- toxic
- roar?

I'm not completely sure what I want to do with this Glaceon. The obvious choice is choice specs, but then again, I kinda wanted to try and make one that could both take some hits and hit some pokes quite strong.
What do you think?

kiltank

Kiltank
i think glaceon would benefit most from something like...

glaceon @ lefties?
calm
252 HP, 112 def, 132 spD, 12 spA
- ice beam
- shadow ball
- toxic
- protect

just made that up. stall then finish them off.

ok i need help here.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 58 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Ever since it was revealed that Dragonite had gotten extremespeed back from HG/SS i've been wanting to use Dragonite again with it competitively, however this set doesn't seem to do so well when i use it, any suggestions?

Overall I want to keep it as a physical fighter or a mixer if it comes to that.
Extremespeed Dragonite is extremely underwhelming, DDNite is superior despite it being somewhat outclassed by Salamence.

Status
Not open for further replies.