• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

777ICH777

I like the first two sets, xcthullhux, but a lead dugtrio is not good at all. Even in UU it's not that good, because the most common leads, froslass, moltres, uxie, and ambipom, all counter it. Arena trap does not work on pokemon with levitate, so uxie, azelf, and bronzong all can switch out when they want. Smeargle beats it as well with spore and a focus sash. They would set up on dugtrio and switch when they wanted to. I'm not sure if you meant it as a lead, but the way you worded it did. Hope this helps.

Eaglehawk

Banned
I already posted this set but got no responses, so I'm just going to post it one last time.
;130;
Gyarados@ Wide lens
Adamant/Jolly(Your choice, speed or power) 252 Atk, 4 def, 252 speed
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail
Stone Edge
Earthquake/Ice Fang

I haven't really done much to this set, i admit that. But I think the addition of wide lens gives gyarados a huge advantage with certain moves.

The obvious point of this set is to dragon dance up on a switch or a different appropriate time. However, i see so many life orb dragon dancers. i just think why? Why make a pokemon lose hp for an attack on a pokemon like gyarados. With wide lens, aqua tail has around the same base power as a life orb waterfall, but with no recoil damage. With wide lens, Aqua tail has a really good 99% accuracy, stone edge gets boosted to 88%, and ice fang to above 100%. The EV's are just for a physical sweeper, nothing different to them than any other. Though I have not done too much to gyarados's standard dragon dancing set, the addition of wide lens, and no recoil damage from life orb, seems a lot more beneficial and intelligent to use. Tell me whatcha think, please.

You're better running a bulky DD since it already gets boosts from DD. Even though it's not going to be as powerful, you'll be able to stay around longer to sweep.
I am adding this awesome registeel to my team. How is he?

;379;Registeel @ Leftovers
252 HP/168 atk/88 def
-Ice Punch
-Thunder wave
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock

I am aiming for this guy to be my team's tank.
not all that good. The brilliance of Registeel is that it can wall and/or tank from both spectrums and take heavy hits. 252 HP doesn't neccessarily work unless the HP is divisible by 16. That's where the Lefties point kicks in. The Attack EVs aren't all that important thanks to Seismic Toss (which does about 30% ish damage, regardless of attack). The other move should be Explosion. Other than that, it's all good.
Swampert@choice scarf
Jolly
EV: Atk. 252 Spd. 252
-stealth rock
-waterfall
-earthquake
-ice punch

job is to get up stealth rock while outspeeding aerodactyl and azelf. After that switch out and the attacks are for coverage mid, or late game.
Go to smogon and learn a few things
i have a few sets that i would like to post.

Flygon
@life orb
Naive nature
192atk/64spatk/252spe
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Fire Punch

This set is great because it makes flygon's mediocre special attack, somewhat useful. STAB Draco Meteor, paired with STAB Outrage helps break walls on both sides of the spectrum, and can really throw off your opponent.

Gliscor
@heat rock/yache berry
252hp/252spdef/4spe
Sunny Day
Stealth Rock
Knock Off/Fire Fang
U-turn/Fire Fang

Sunny Day gliscor is awesome. it can make an excellent supporter, or lead. With the water weakness practically taken away, he laughs in the face of a lot of his threats. Ice moves can still hurt it, but yache berry can help with that.

Dugtrio
Arena Trap
@Focus Sash/Leftovers
252hp/4atk/252spe
Toxic
Protect
Substitute
Earthquake

With arena trap, it can take out every OU lead aside from aerodactyl, and skarmory. The idea is that it traps whatever comes in on it, toxics, and stalls until they die. Pretty basic. Earthquake is to hit steels, but cannot hit levitaters, and flyers, so that can be a bother. Focus sash works if used as a lead, but leftovers is preferred for late game.
Flygon: No the wisest choice for a Flygon. I'd run Roost on the set because of the Life Orb backlash.
Gliscor: Queer idea.
Dugtrio: Very Bad Idea

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
Alright heres my question. See I have this Mixmence, the only prolem is its move set.

Salamence
Rash: 252 in both Sp.Att and Speed, 6 in Att

Earthquake
Fire Blast
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor

Should I take the risk and just keep it as it is, or should I switch Fire Blast with Flamerthrower? Im worried mostly about pokes with Pressure.

If a Zapdos comes in im pretty much screwed cause I only have 9 chances to take it down, but due to the moves Acc it would be around 5-8 .

Obselete Victory

is irked by idiocy
Latias@Damp Rock
-Timid
6 DEF/252 SAtk/252 Spe

-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Thunder/Recover
-Dragon Pulse/Recover

I used this set on the suspect ladder to some success. The point is to draw in Rain team's biggest foe, Tyranitar, and take him out.

When Tyranitar switches in, looking to wall Latias, you Rain dance. You can now easily OHKO Tyranitar with Surf and your teammates can sweep. Surf is a given, since it OHKOs Tyranitar and 2HKOs all Scizors. Thunder is an option for hitting bulky Waters in the rain and provides pretty good coverage. Recover can be used if you want to keep your rain dancer alive. Dragon Pulse is kind of a low tier option here, but it provides reliable STAB and beats Salamence.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
And even against 0Hp / 0 SpD Tyranitar Latias only manages: 80.12% - 87.13% - 94.74%

Meaning Tar can take the Surf even with SR sometimes. Which is bad news for Latias.

Sc1z0r

Ok this is just copied and pasted from the thread I started. So this is my snorlax.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Careful
Thick Fat
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam
-Crunch
252 Hp / 24 Def / 232 SpD

He's my special wall, and I was wondering what physical wall would be good to cover up for his weaknesses. I also want lax to cover up for the physical wall's weaknesses. But idk who would be the best. I was thinking mabye Gliscor or Skarm. I don't want any sandstorm. Any ideas?

Eaglehawk

Banned
Alright heres my question. See I have this Mixmence, the only prolem is its move set.

Salamence
Rash: 252 in both Sp.Att and Speed, 6 in Att

Earthquake
Fire Blast
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor

Should I take the risk and just keep it as it is, or should I switch Fire Blast with Flamerthrower? Im worried mostly about pokes with Pressure.

If a Zapdos comes in im pretty much screwed cause I only have 9 chances to take it down, but due to the moves Acc it would be around 5-8 .
No offense, but it's not only the moveset that's the problem. The EVs are a bit of a problem since the spread is leaning toward one end of the spectrum, which means that EQ won't even be a threat towards Tyranitars or Metagrosses. You might as well keep Fire Blast, even though the accuracy sucks. What would suck even more is when you can't pull of a OHKO on certain pokes. Ditch Hydro Pump altogether. It seriously isn't worth it. Brick Break would work better because of its ability to break Screens and Reflects that would hinder Salamence's strength. The usage of either Outrage or Draco Meteor is up to you, though I would suggest an EV spread that would give Salamence's Physical attacks a little more pow, and a Sp.Att that wouldn't jeopardize Fire Blast and Meteors.

Latias@Damp Rock
-Timid
6 DEF/252 SAtk/252 Spe

-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Thunder/Recover
-Dragon Pulse/Recover

I used this set on the suspect ladder to some success. The point is to draw in Rain team's biggest foe, Tyranitar, and take him out.

When Tyranitar switches in, looking to wall Latias, you Rain dance. You can now easily OHKO Tyranitar with Surf and your teammates can sweep. Surf is a given, since it OHKOs Tyranitar and 2HKOs all Scizors. Thunder is an option for hitting bulky Waters in the rain and provides pretty good coverage. Recover can be used if you want to keep your rain dancer alive. Dragon Pulse is kind of a low tier option here, but it provides reliable STAB and beats Salamence.
I did some calcs, and what I found isn't pretty. ttar can pretty much block what you throw at it, including Draco Meteor. If you run an Modest nature though, Surf will do about (61.39% - 72.28%).

Ok this is just copied and pasted from the thread I started. So this is my snorlax.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Careful
Thick Fat
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam
-Crunch
252 Hp / 24 Def / 232 SpD

He's my special wall, and I was wondering what physical wall would be good to cover up for his weaknesses. I also want lax to cover up for the physical wall's weaknesses. But idk who would be the best. I was thinking mabye Gliscor or Skarm. I don't want any sandstorm. Any ideas?
I run a tank Snorlax with CurseEQ to get TTar and Gross.

Obselete Victory

is irked by idiocy
You could always try Life Orb, as the purpose of my set is to kill Tyranitar, and you rely on other more sturdy Rain Dancers.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
And even against 0Hp / 0 SpD Tyranitar Latias only manages: 80.12% - 87.13% - 94.74%

Meaning Tar can take the Surf even with SR sometimes. Which is bad news for Latias.

These calcs are for sandstorm or rain?

Eaglehawk

Banned
If he runs Modest he cannot outrun Base 100s or Infernape

You could always try Life Orb, as the purpose of my set is to kill Tyranitar, and you rely on other more sturdy Rain Dancers.

These calcs are for sandstorm or rain?

Life Orb pretty much defeats the purpose as a Rain Setup.

@Calum: The Base 100s with a Speed+ nature may outrun Latias. Mences are mostly going to aim for more attack over speed. Flygons are more of a threat than anything else, really.

@the Trapinch: Rain plus calcs

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
Hey, I have this arcanine set that is somewhat of a bulkyarcanine that I want to see if it would be good or not.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
252 HP / 180 Def / 28 SpA
Intimidate
- Morning Sun
- Will-o-wisp/toxic
- Flamethower
- ???

On Smogon, it says that HP Ground should probably fill the last spot, but I'm not completely sure. I'm not sure about the status either, what do you think?

Knnthh

Is this a good special sweeper ? I will only change moves , no ev's or nature .

Moltres (Mild) @ charcoal .
88 HP / 252 sp.Atk / 158 spd
Pressure
- Roost
- Hp rock
- Flamethrower
- Agility

Btw , it's my first competitive/ ev'd pokemon .

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
yup.
I still wonder why "standard" Tyrano is so bulky...(this ev spread is for Cursetar isn't it?)

Last edited:

AlexKZ

I've got a pokemon I trained last week and am wondering if it will work well if I move over to competitive play.

Furret @ Muscleband
Nature: Mild (Can easily breed for a better nature)
252 Att / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Keen Eye
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Me First
- Trick

The purpose of this Furret is to keep the opponent on his or her toes. I've got Muscle Band equipped in case Me First is super effective against the opponent. Trick is there incase I want to switch items over to other teammates like Sitrus Berry, etc. It has worked pretty well in the Battle Frontier (Single and Double) where it leads, but I have a feeling it will be a late game sweeper if I move to competitive play because it is so fragile. Here is what I do in the tower though:

Normally lead off with Return to see what the opponent does. If I've paralyzed, I'll use Sucker Punch, but I'f I'm able to outrun them, I'll take a chance with me first. If I'm in doubles, Helping Hand and Me First still do a HUGE chunk of damage even with a burn on Furret.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks. :)

Eaglehawk

Banned
Latias@Damp Rock
-Timid
6 DEF/252 SAtk/252 Spe

-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Thunder/Recover
-Dragon Pulse/Recover

You know, Alakazam can do much better because of Focus Blast and 135 Sp. Att

zapper22001

Join BLD
yup.
I still wonder why "standard" Tyrano is so bulky...(this ev spread is for Cursetar isn't it?)

It's really for ResTalk Ttar which is a beastly special wall, but that set is similar enough to the CurseTar that they have similar spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.