• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapper22001

Join BLD
If it is a lead.

Then just make a Physical version of the standard Azelf lead.

Azelf@Focus Sash
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Explosion

This should be what you are looking for.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
If it is a lead.

Then just make a Physical version of the standard Azelf lead.

Azelf@Focus Sash
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Explosion

This should be what you are looking for.
Thanks. Do you have an alternative set for one that isn't a lead?

zapper22001

Join BLD
Azelf doesn't really have any good sets on the Physical side. I'm sure you could scrap together a Choiced set, but really, there are better pokemon for that job.

Bulldogs

Banned
A friend of mine uses a Choice Band set of U-turn/Fire Punch/Trick/Explosion and it does well enough.

Shneak

A friend of mine uses a Choice Band set of U-turn/Fire Punch/Trick/Explosion and it does well enough.

I was thinking something like that. I don't know. I need to decide if I want a lead or not.

Yeah, Azelf isn't the best physical user. It has the stats, but not the movepool.

777ICH777

unless it uses taunt first turn instead of SRing. Also, just because a lead can set up SR and taunt doesn't make it the best lead. The way I look at it is great, now I am up 1-0 early and he didn't do any damage to me and all he did was set up SR.

Shneak

Okay, so I think I've got my lead Azelf. I just don't know about the attacking move.

Azelf@Choice Scarf
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt/Fire Punch
- Explosion

Here is what attacks would be most effective against some common leads, assuming they stay in.

Azelf: Fire Punch?
Aerodactyl: Zen Headbutt
Swampert: Zen
Smeargle: Zen?
Jirachi: Fire Punch
Metagross: Fire Punch
Infernape: Zen
Roserade: Fire/Zen

It looks even. Zen is STAB and can flinch, IIRC. Fire can burn. I think I might go with Zen.

777ICH777

It's okay, but why do you have trick? You wouldn't want to trick a focus sash, and the only time you you could use it is if someone else tricked you an item, which is not a reliable thing to count on. You could maybe put taunt or run both fire punch and zen headbutt on it instead of trick.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
He uses scarf instead of sash.It's a good idea to cripple leads with scarf, because they'll be taunting/SRing you with no end(giving you the most valuable thing - time).

zapper22001

Join BLD
I would go with Zen Headbutt just for STAB. Trick cripples almost every lead anyway so your attacking move should probably be something that hits decently hard. Yes, Zen Headbutt does have a chance of flinch.

777ICH777

Sorry, it said sash before. Or maybe I was looking at something else lol.

Shneak

Sorry, it said sash before. Or maybe I was looking at something else lol.

No, your right. It said Focus Sash, but edited after. Your not nuts, haha. XD

Alright, I'll do Zen Headbutt.

wks9000

egg breeder
hey guys

here i have two similar mixed lucario move set, i would like some one to tell me what kind of ev spread i should use first set
-auras sphere
-shadow ball
-ice punch
-bullet punch

second version
-close combat
-shadow claws
-hp ice
-vacuum wave

777ICH777

They look cool, but can i see the ev's for these sets?

Desert Sun

Gross, Agiligross
Sceptile
Timid
Choice Specs
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed

Level 52
IV's---Stat
27/28---149
5/6---86
1/2---73
31---162
2/3---94
31---195

Moveset
Detect (Replacing with Leaf Storm at Level 67)
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse

Hidden Power Flying, Power 66

Rate out of 10 please and adivse on wether or not I should put Hidden Power in.

DarkGanon

I've got a Giratina (Altered Forme) with Bashful nature.
I'd like some help with EV spreading, it has neutral nature so i'm a bit confused on how i'm going to EV train it.

It's moveset right now is
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw
-Shadow Force
-Shadow Claw

But i'm willing to make appropiate changes in the attack set.

Any advise or recommendation is appreaciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.