• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

777ICH777

Um, that set is not very good at all. You don't want to have two moves that are the same type, especially if they are both physical. Draco meteor and dragon claw are okay together because Draco meteor is such a good attack, but I would recommend a completely different set that has done great for me. But it's for the origin form. It is:
252 HP 252 Atk 4 speed
Item: Griseous orb
Substitute
Shadow force
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
This set does really well for me. Giratina make really bulky subs, and has massive HP. Shadow force is pretty awesome on this set, as it does a large amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and if blissey switches in for the immunity just use dragon claw after because it has no chance of breaking your sub on one hit. EQ gives you great coverage. Though it is kinda an awkward set, if it gets the chance to sub up It rips right through teams. Actually took out a whole team. And remember that if you use shadow force behind a sub, the opponent cannot touch your sub that turn. However, i cannot think of a good set for giratina altered besides a smogon set. Since it sounds like you want to use this as an attacker, i don't know. Giratina-A makes a better wall than an attacker, or as a calm mind sweeper.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Your Sceptile is fine Desert Sun. HP Flying might have its uses, but Hidden Power Ice or Fire would be overall more useful.

DarkGanon, Altered Forme is better as a defender. 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD is a good spread, that will help it as a good physical defender with the resistances it alredy has.

Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind / Will-o-Wisp
Dragon Pulse / Shadow Ball

is it's most common and most useful set. The strong attacking is better left to the Origin Forme. Altered Form is best for defending.

DarkGanon

I'm going to use my Giratina for Wi-Fi battling in PBR, sadly, i can't use the Origin forme. I'm going with the 252HP/252Def/4Spd... I have already seen the moveset Raito described, but, is there another useful moveset for a Giratina with this stats?
If no, then i think it's better to choose Dragon pulse instead of Shadow ball because of the Normal type immunity. But i'd like to see another moveset if possible because this one got really common among Giratinas.. People realize the strategy beforehand.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
You could always eschew Sleep Talk for another attack. It makes you more vulnerable to switchins, but lets you have more breathing room when it comes to attacks to choose from.

Direksone

Alright so I want an Ursaring in my PBR team in the future. I dont feel quick feet does it for me so im going with guts. Thoughts on moveset, EV spread etc!

Ursaring, Adamant @ ?? Leftovers ??
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Return
- Payback

EVs: 216 HP//252 Atk//40Def

EV spread: make it a little more resistant for his fighting weakness, perhaps another EV spread is better to make it nice n bulky!

Other moves:
I dont want some standard smogon set, I wanna suprise people.
- Hammer Arm, hes slow anyway and it has a high amount of base power.
- Crunch, to deal with those Ghosts, however Payback does the trick too and due to the fact he's slow he'll deal with the quicker ones easily, though it would not work against the slower Ghosts like Dusknoir and Fire Punch also packs quite a punch.
- Body Slam, basically the paralyze difference, though I want to be more secure of my kill with Return for the base attack power, BS can come in handy with the paralyze.
- Shadow Claw, basically also for them ghosts and psychics out there, but feeling that he'll be quite slow the Payback would sound better.
- Night Slash, same story here but some poke's resist Night Slash more than they do Shadow Claw so I'd say Shadow Claw would be better..

Items:
I personally do not like Choice Band, cause I'd have to switch out if I'm using I dnno Return when a ghost comes out. Perhaps Expert Belt is something to consider since it powers Super Effective moves and he is able of covering a lot of types. Also Toxic Orb, coupled with Guts, awesome, however I feel I'd be very fragile, slow and getting toxic damage every turn.

I want his role within my team to be bulky and have the most broad type coverage available. In PBR you only get to battle with 3 pokes most of the time so I want as much coverage as I can get.

Basically thoughts on the item, moveset and EV spread. What do YOU prefer? Not smogon.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Alright so I want an Ursaring in my PBR team in the future. I dont feel quick feet does it for me so im going with guts. Thoughts on moveset, EV spread etc!

Ursaring, Adamant @ ?? Leftovers ??
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Return
- Payback

EVs: 216 HP//252 Atk//40Def

EV spread: make it a little more resistant for his fighting weakness, perhaps another EV spread is better to make it nice n bulky!

Other moves:
I dont want some standard smogon set, I wanna suprise people.
- Hammer Arm, hes slow anyway and it has a high amount of base power.
- Crunch, to deal with those Ghosts, however Payback does the trick too and due to the fact he's slow he'll deal with the quicker ones easily, though it would not work against the slower Ghosts like Dusknoir and Fire Punch also packs quite a punch.
- Body Slam, basically the paralyze difference, though I want to be more secure of my kill with Return for the base attack power, BS can come in handy with the paralyze.
- Shadow Claw, basically also for them ghosts and psychics out there, but feeling that he'll be quite slow the Payback would sound better.
- Night Slash, same story here but some poke's resist Night Slash more than they do Shadow Claw so I'd say Shadow Claw would be better..

Items:
I personally do not like Choice Band, cause I'd have to switch out if I'm using I dnno Return when a ghost comes out. Perhaps Expert Belt is something to consider since it powers Super Effective moves and he is able of covering a lot of types. Also Toxic Orb, coupled with Guts, awesome, however I feel I'd be very fragile, slow and getting toxic damage every turn.

I want his role within my team to be bulky and have the most broad type coverage available. In PBR you only get to battle with 3 pokes most of the time so I want as much coverage as I can get.

Basically thoughts on the item, moveset and EV spread. What do YOU prefer? Not smogon.

As a Trick Room Sweeper, Ursaring is a beast.

i would give it Flame Orb, since it'll get a Guts Boost, no matter what (50%-25%=25%).

Facade>Return and Close Combat>Night Slash

IVs: 27 Spe.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
In Trick Room, I would recommend Brave (+Attack, -Speed). You want to be as slow as possible in Trick Room. Ursaring doesn't mind the -Speed seeing as he isn't going to be operating well out of TR anyway.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Hi! Yeah, Reno managed to get Raito and myself back. ^_^

Dunsparce can use Calm Mind or a hax set that utilises Serene Grace. It's not effective in OU due to its generally horrible stats, but it might be alright in NU -- I've never used it there.

Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk -SpAtk)
144 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD is the Smogon spread, alternately 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def will do.
- Thunder Wave / Body Slam
- Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Thunder Wave is there because you need paralysis support for a slow Pokémon like Dunsparce to even hope to flinch, but Body Slam is an offensive alternative with 60% (after Serene Grace) chance of para.

Alternately, you could run a lead set, though I doubt it'd get anywhere =P

Dunsparce @ Focus Sash
Jolly (+Spe -SpAtk)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Thunder Wave
- Attack move / Magic Coat / Yawn / blah blah

Last edited:

Raito

HADOUKEN!
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def Adamant
@ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Headbutt
Body Slam / Thunder Wave
Bite
Earthquake

Headbutt is the main attack for flinching the opponent. Body Slam offers a STAB and 60% paralysis against grounds, while Thunder Wave is guaranteed against all but grounds 100% of the time. Bite takes down Ghosts and Earthquake takes care of Rocks and Steels. Rock Slide is also an option for more flinching and extra coverage.

You can also beef up it's defenses by taking out of it's HP. Life Orb + Roost seems nice, but Dunsparce's defenses don't bode well for it, even if you EV it a bit more defensively.

edit: misaki i hate you. =)

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
You could also try Rad3n's lead Dunsparse set. Just stole description from him.

Dunsparce @ Jaboca Berry
Serene Grace - Adamant
144 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD
- Thunder Wave -
- Headbutt -
- Rock Slide -
- Earthquake -

In my experience, Dunsparce is a beast. That applies to UU, OU and even Uber (hehehe, I'll bet that guy is still reeling) . Nothing is as funny as a Dunsparce sweep. In my (extensive) experience, lefties do very little. On the rare occasion the opponent goes straight for the kill on Dunsparce, Jaboca Berry has a nice punch. Seeing as it is my lead, I'm also considering Focus Sash / 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp which guarantees a T-Wave and (possible) sweep.... although it all seems a little pointless when I could just have a pokemon come in and explode instead. As far as Evs go, this spread is his most efficient defensively.

Also nice to see Ratio and Misaki back to help out. in ninja mode too!

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
It better be for uu or nu as then rachi and kiss is superior.

Direksone

Thanks but I'm not making a trick room team since I got Gligar and Weavile in my team and probably Ampharos and Magmortar too. So that don't work, I'd need a good working moveset for a regular team.

Direksone

Then I'd go for this moveset:
Ursaring @ Flame Orb - Guts
-Fire Punch
-Facade
-Earthquake
-Close Combat
Adamant Nature

However whats a good EV spread or should I just pump him full with Atk and Spe?
Like: 4hp/252Atk/252Spe
I do not know if it's worth investing Speed EVs with his 55 base speed, so I was thinking of making him more bulky to be more resistant and hold out longer.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ If you want more Bulk, then have 252 HP and change Close Combat for Brick Break. By the way, you should change Earthquake or Close Combat. Fighting + Ground get poor coverage together.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
I'd like a TR Weavile set. Yeah, it's possible, XD

Direksone

Alright! So what about this then!

Bulky Bear:
Ursaring @ Flame Orb - Guts
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4Def, perhaps more Def and less HP?

Attacks:
- Facade talks for itself.
- Fire Punch> Type coverage, also takes care of potential Ghosts that might switch in.
- Earthquake> Type coverage, takes care of a LOT of types, therefor it's more useful to me than a fighting move
- Thunder Punch> Even more type coverage with this one.

Since this Bear will be in a PBR team, I prefer that over Diamond Wifi battles, I want to reach as much coverage as possible since youre mostly fighting with 3 pokes. EVs are set to be as bulky as possible since it's going to be on a normal team (no TR etc), hence the guts also. Fill me in with suggestions plx!:d
-

Status
Not open for further replies.