• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Leafeon @Life Orb
Leaf Guard | Jolly | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Return/Quick Attack
~ X-Scissor

No egg moves required. Best suited to UU.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

*Laughs at edit* Thanks (x2)! One last question: would it be even remotely wise to replace Swords Dance with Synthesis as an alternative, especially with that Life Orb involved? While I understand that Swords Dance is fitting for the Phys. Sweeper role, Synthesis could give Leafeon a bit of a life-extention if needed...

Or is this a bad idea due to Leafeon's very lop-sided defenses... ?

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Synthesis Leafeon should be a support Leafeon under the sun. Knock off and Protect in Singles, maybe Sunny Day with Heat rock, but add Helping Hand if you want to go doubles. I can't think of any other way to use Synthesis on Leafeon.

Yeah if you're going to have a Synthesis Leafeon, you should change the nature to Impish and the EVs to 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def. It makes it a better tank, but you can't really afford to lose any of your three attacking moves to keep Swords Dance.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
They do actually.

Salamence @Choice Scarf
Intimidate | Naughty | 252 Atk/80 SpA/176 Spd
~ Outrage
~ Fire Blast
~ Hydro Pump
~ Earthquake

Which looks almost identical to the set posted.

how effective is this Salamance? I happen to run a similar one only mine's built like this.

Salamance@Choice Scarf
Intimidate/Rash/ 112 Atk/216SpA/180Spd
~Outrage
~Fire Blast
~Draco Meteor
~Earthquake.

Mine runs Draco Meteor over Hydro Pump, and is quite the nasty suprise to those who don't see it coming, although i do wonder which Salamance is better..

However that's not why i am here(the salamance set made me curious though.) I've got a problem.

Recently i've been running into teams that rely on toxic spikers, normally rapid spin would be the best answer, but they also happen to run counters to the spinners (Gengar and Dusknoir.) so I've been needing another way to get rid of the Toxic spikes.

I've tried the following Roserade out, but so far it hasn't worked very well.
Roserade@Choice Scarf
Natural Cure/Modest/ 4Hp/252 SpA/ 252 Spd
~Leaf Storm
~Sludge Bomb
~Hidden Power [ground]
~Shadow Ball

I figured that since poison pokemon can remove the spikes the best way to do so was use a poison type of my own, Shadow Ball takes care of Latias and other Psychic's that might oppose it, Hidden Power Ground is there for Heatran and any steel pokemon that isn't Scizor, and Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm are there for stab, but even with this configuration i've still had trouble.

Is there any other pokemon that I could use, like Breloom or Clefable since I know Toxic Spikes can't touch them, or any other good poison pokemon?

since this is a single's thread I won't digress into the rest of my team too much but this is the rest of my team in order.
Metagross
Salamance
Jolteon
Infernape
Vaporeon
Roserade....

I would prefer to keep the balance upheld if possible.

I need advice from experts, normally I try gamefaqs, but that site is filled with insensitive people who never give anyone the light of day anymore when asking for help.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
The best way to beat spin-blockers like Rotom-A is by using a Scarf Tyranitar or Life Orb Starmie with Hydro Pump. I favour Starmie myself, because it isn't crippled by Will-O-Wisp. I don't know your sets (don't post them), so I can't comment on if it opens up any weaks.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The best way to beat spin-blockers like Rotom-A is by using a Scarf Tyranitar or Life Orb Starmie with Hydro Pump. I favour Starmie myself, because it isn't crippled by Will-O-Wisp. I don't know your sets (don't post them), so I can't comment on if it opens up any weaks.

Tyranitar is strong no doubt, but it's never really helped me, and like you say Wil o Wisp will cripple it (Dusknoir) or in Gengar's case, it could use Focus Blast with Life Orb or Maxed out SpA for an instant kill.

I really don't like the notion of being forced to include a pokemon on my team that has to have a move that is easily blocked just to get rid of hazards, Stealth rock is not a problem to my team at all (Salamance is the only one it hurts.) and I hardly ever see normal spikes used, Toxic Spikes however i've seen quite often which is why I need a poison type that can come in on the move and eliminate it.

By the way I do take competive battling seriously (fun as well since that's how it's supposed to be too.) but with how I battle, Rapid spin doesn't fit in at all. Everyone has thier own style of fighting and mine is forward and direct.

Last edited:

Sisco in a suit

Tophat master
hello all I was wondering any one could help with this moveset for a muk
nature: brave
moves
explosion
stockpile
poison jab
payback/taunt really not sure which one to take, my idea with this muk was to use stockpile until super defensive, then fire off poison jabs until health gets low, then use explosion. But payback was there for the psychic types. but i don't anyone phazering me out of battle.

Hey almighty zard use drapion instead of roserade, he's awesome.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
ok then how about this.

Drapion@Scope Lens
Nature: Jolly
Evs:252 Spd, 128 Atk, 128 Def
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Ice Fang

Pretty explainitory, comes in on something that would force a switch and uses Swords dance, and from there goes to town with Night Slash which combined with the Scope Lens and Sniper is a lethal combo indeed, Ice Fang takes care of flying pokemon as well as ground pokemon and Earthquake deals with opposing poison and steel pokemon.

As for the Ev's, a swords dance is pretty much required given that his attack only hits around 248, however he still has some pretty decent defense at 288 and with 317 spd, it can outrun lucario and earthquake it to death, and ties with Gliscor's at maximum speed as well, and with a swords danced ice fang Gliscor goes down hard too.

This how i would built it since that's how my battling style flows, speed and power, but hey i'm open to critisim.

777ICH777

That's pretty much the standard SD Drapion set, just with a small change in the ev's.

ok then how about this.

Drapion@Scope Lens
Nature: Jolly
Evs:252 Spd, 128 Atk, 128 Def
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Ice Fang

Pretty explainitory, comes in on something that would force a switch and uses Swords dance, and from there goes to town with Night Slash which combined with the Scope Lens and Sniper is a lethal combo indeed, Ice Fang takes care of flying pokemon as well as ground pokemon and Earthquake deals with opposing poison and steel pokemon.

As for the Ev's, a swords dance is pretty much required given that his attack only hits around 248, however he still has some pretty decent defense at 288 and with 317 spd, it can outrun lucario and earthquake it to death, and ties with Gliscor's at maximum speed as well, and with a swords danced ice fang Gliscor goes down hard too.

This how i would built it since that's how my battling style flows, speed and power, but hey i'm open to critisim.
Why do people always think Scope Lens is a good idea. -_- You want either Leftovers or Life Orb, depending on whether you want longevity or maximum damage output. Crunch > Night Slash. 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd is a better EV spread, since you want to outrun as much as you can (there are probably a few wasted EVs but meh).

You can also use a Toxic Spikes tank.

zapper22001

Join BLD
I disagree. I believe Scope Lens is actually viable on a set like this as Night Slash already has a high chance for a critical hit which allows you to abuse Sniper. Though, like 777Ich777 said, this is just the standard set.

R-J

Scope Lens I believe may be a "hax item" to some. However, it could be viable on a Drapion, because of Sniper, but because of the high chance of not getting a critical hit, I wouldn't rely on it. :/

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Scope Lens I believe may be a "hax item" to some. However, it could be viable on a Drapion, because of Sniper, but because of the high chance of not getting a critical hit, I wouldn't rely on it. :/

It might be a risky item, but the payoff is well worth it from past experiances with it.

heck the other night someone had a Kingdra using it and they OHKO'ed by Vaporeon in one hit with dragon pulse.

Scope Lens is not a hax item.

Brightpowder, King's Rock, Quick Claw and Focus Band are though.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Maybe scope lens on absol for further power. I'd go with lefties or life orb as it is safer.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Absol?

If Drapion didn't have the Sniper ability, then I wouldn't have bothered with Scope Lens, that's what people gotta see about it.

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
Can someone rate this arcanine set for me?

Arcanine@Life Orb
Ability Intimidate
Nature Lonely(+Atk,-Def.)
EVs 176 Atk,80 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd.
Moves
-Morning Sun
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-HP Rock

My version of an anti-lead arcanine.The life orb gives me some valuable OHKOs against other leads that this set wouldn't have without it.Morning sun to recover LO damage.Flare blitz for STAB and a great move.Extremespeed for priority.HP rock always OHKOs standard choice scarf moltres.I'm not sure if I should put some more EVs into attack instead of speed because the speed dosen't help outspeed most common leads.Intimidate is to lower the opponent's attack.The nature is to boost attacking power.

I'd classify Scope Lens as a hax item.
Can someone rate this arcanine set for me?

Arcanine@Life Orb
Ability Intimidate
Nature Lonely(+Atk,-Def.)
EVs 176 Atk,80 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd.
Moves
-Morning Sun
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-HP Rock

My version of an anti-lead arcanine.The life orb gives me some valuable OHKOs against other leads that this set wouldn't have without it.Morning sun to recover LO damage.Flare blitz for STAB and a great move.Extremespeed for priority.HP rock always OHKOs standard choice scarf moltres.I'm not sure if I should put some more EVs into attack instead of speed because the speed dosen't help outspeed most common leads.Intimidate is to lower the opponent's attack.The nature is to boost attacking power.
Looks like a mixture of two standard sets tbh. You should keep the speed since this lead seems to be a lead focused on longevity rather than a suicide lead, so it'll be helpful later in the game. You may want to use Protect somewhere on there to help against Ambipom leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.