• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvTrainer34

Building My HG Team
Rate plz...

Yanmega @ Brightpowder
Tinted Lens
Modest

Bug Buzz
U-Turn
Air Slash
Double Team

Bulldogs

Banned
Double Team is generally banned under the evasion clause as is brightpowder. Hypnosis or Hidden Power Ground would probably be better in that slot. If you're using Tinted Lens you may want to go specs. U-turn is one move I'm not a fan of on Mega due to the prevalence of SR.

randomspot555

Double Team is generally banned under the evasion clause as is brightpowder.

Brightpowder would be banned under "Hax Items" clause, but Hax Items is an optional, not standard, clause.

Also, kinda ironic how someone named "EVTrainer" doesn't list the set's EVs.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
ok guys, I have a tale to tell.

Recently I tried going back to using an old pokemon i used to use Electrivire, a Mixed variation with the following stats.

Electrivire@Life Orb
Ability:Motor Drive
Evs: 36 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 220 Spe
Mild Nature(+SpAtk, -Def)
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [ice]

Now I've used this set in 6 battles so far, and out of all of them it only acceled in two of them, one due to the fact my opponent was a noob using his Zapdos and kept shocking it for some reason (perhaps misclicking) and another match where it blocked a Cresselia from Thunder Waving my whole team, but in the other four matches it did poorly, especially when it couldn't knock out a Hippowdon with HP ice when it was at only half health, I gave it the life orb because the expert belt wasn't providing enough power for it's moves either.

I'm now thinking I might need to switch to Magnezone, my current team does not have a steel pokemon so it would fit perfectly, but I need some advice.

I do know i want it to have Explosion and Substitute as two of it's moves, as well as leftovers to heal off the substitute damage, but other than Thunderbolt what should the last move be?

Here is the rest of my current team simplified so maybe it will help the decision better.

Azelf (Leader)
Infernape
Starmie
Tyranitar
Salamance

so what ev's should I give to Magnezone and what should it's final move be? i'm desperate for help here.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Possibly just run ScarfZone, Naive 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spd. Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire/Explosion/Flash Cannon.

I don't mean to be disrespectful or nothing but i have tried that particular set in the past and it didn't work for me.

but don't worry i've figured out what to do so it's all good, thanks for the advice dude.

shipshore64

Water Pokemon Master
Hey guys tell me about my swampert plaese!
Swampert- focous sash
niave
hydro pump
earthquake
endevor
dynamic punch

I used the focous sash & endevor combo for the grass pokemon and hydro pump / earhquake for the STAB and dynamic punch for some raw power. Any suggestions?

AlCario

Banned
Hey guys tell me about my swampert plaese!
Swampert- focous sash
niave
hydro pump
earthquake
endevor
dynamic punch

I used the focous sash & endevor combo for the grass pokemon and hydro pump / earhquake for the STAB and dynamic punch for some raw power. Any suggestions?

Once you get them down to 1 HP, what are you going to do? Swampert lacks any kind of priority, which is why that sort of thing is better left to mamoswine etc. Dynamicpunch fails unless the user has no guard. Not a great set, imo.

777ICH777

It seems like an okay set, but I have a couple of suggestions. One, is dynamicpunch. You should never use dynamicpunch unless you have no guard, so I'd switch that out for a move like stone edge (Which has the same power as Dynamicpunch). Stone edge could hit gyarados and dragon/flyers for SE damage. Also, what are the ev's you run on it? Plus, I'm going to have to agree with the person above me, because without a priority move endeavor does not have that great of a use.

Last edited:

777ICH777

Also, I would like to suggest a set for an ubers Gengar. Though it is just a small change on the standard Uber Gengar set, I think it takes care of more common threats. Here it is:
gengar.gif

Gengar@ Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
EV's: 4 Def, 252 Speed, 252 Sp.A
Nature:Timid
Moveset:
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder
~Icy Wind
~Hidden Power Fire
Yeah it looks a lot like the standard Ubers gengar, but I think putting Thunder over Focus Blast helps Gengar deal with a lot more of the common UU threats. Since rain is omnipresent in ubers, i thought why not take advantage of that and run with an 120 Base power with 100% accuracy in the rain with a great side effect. The trade-off of Thunder over Focus Blast is to hit Kyogre and Ho-oh over Darkrai and Tyranitar. Since Kyogre is the most used uber poke I thought that was the biggest reason for Thunder>Focus Blast. You also can hit ho-oh for a large amount of damage, though not commonly seen on a team with kyogre. Also, no one likes switching into a move with a 30% chance of paralyzing them. Since Tyranitar is the 25th most used uber pokemon (Pretty low) I figured focus blast was not really worth it, especially since darkrai outspeeds and could just OHKO me with dark pulse. Of course, another BIG trade off of this is Dialga, who my other moves can't do much to. I guess I just went with the statistics, that taking out the #1 most used uber (Kyogre), ho-oh, and a 30% cahnce paralysis rate on switches was more important than taking out the #4 most used (Dialga) as well as darkrai and the rare tyranitar. And the rest of the moves I forgot to explain (Until now) are for type coverage and STAB. Shadow Ball for STAB as well as being a great way to hit the large presence of psychic types in ubers hard. Icy Wind is for the dragon/flyers or dragon/grounds (Rayquaza and Garchomp) that think that maybe they could take an attack from gengar and setup on it. HP fire is for scizor and the less common forretress. So that's my moveset for a different ubers gengar, though it's just one move lol. I was probably forgetting something when I thought of this set, so PLZ point out anything I'm forgetting. Thanks.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^I'd just like to point out that HP Fire without Sub or Protect is a bit too much reliant on prediction and a high chance that Gengar will end up dead. So if you do replace it with Focus Blast or something, then you can switch Icy Wind for HP Ice so that you have increased power. Icy Wind is only useful for hitting on the switch and also, it's very unlikely Chomp or Rayquaza would try and set up on a Gengar.

EDIT: Also, HP Fire and Thunder on the same set are kind of contradictory.

shipshore64

Water Pokemon Master
You Guys Mind Rating My Team?

Leader
Swampert: ;260;
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Mirror Coat
- Hydro Pump
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

Physical Sweeper
Lucario: ;448;
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
Item Attached: Expert Belt
Trait: Steadfast
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Wall
Dusknoir: ;477;
- Shadow Sneak
- Thunderpunch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
Ability: Pressure
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

Special Sweeper
Kingdra: ;230;
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Surf
- Substitute
Item Attached: Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Defensive Back Up
Donphan: ;232;
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
Ability: Sturdy
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

All or Nothing
Shedinja: ;292;
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Toxic
Item Attached: Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

As you can see above I made changes to my Swampert and posted my whole team this time. Tell me what you think!

Last edited:

3lmi

pimping aint easy
@ shpshore64

This is Competitive Single Rates, if you want your whole team to get rated you should make a thread.

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
Had a quick idea.

Machamp @ Choice Specs
252 HP, 252 SP.Atk, 6 Speed
No Guard
~Focus Blast
~Vacuum Wave
~Fire Blast
~Hidden Power Ice

Kinda gimmicky, considering these are the only Special attacks Machamp learns. Focus Blast is for STAB, Vacuum Wave for priority. Fire Blast hits Skarmory, Scizor and Forretress harder than Focus Blast. Hidden Power Ice is for Flygon and Mence who wall this set. Only finding problems with Gyarados with this set off the top of my head.

Is it worth a shot?

Bulldogs

Banned
Outclassed by Lucario even with Fire Blast.

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
Suppose. Just wanted to use it for the sheer cool factor.

kablay

Freek
Well, I just thought this up after a long chain of tabbed browsing, but yeah, this is a Gengar set-up that I made up:

;094;
Gengar (Timid) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. Def.
~Trick
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-Wisp
~Pain Split

If someone already thought of this then oh well, but anyway, the whole point is to Trick Black Sludge over and then Burn it for a pretty devastating combo. I know Gengar could just sweep, but this set seems kind of fun and unexpected :3 I'm not sure about Pain Split, but all I really thought about was the fact that Gengar is the only Poison type that can Trick Black Sludge.

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
You definately posted a gengar set that had hypnosis and dream eater insted of will-o-wisp and pain split. For that, repitition fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.