• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
@ the Gengar set, two status-inducing moves on the Pokemon don't usually work, since our opponent's not guaranteed to switch out, ya know? Plus, Gengar's too frail, I guess the surprise factor is the only thing.... :/

kablay

Freek
You definately posted a gengar set that had hypnosis and dream eater insted of will-o-wisp and pain split. For that, repitition fail.

Yeah, well, the forum was closed because it should have gone here, and people said that it was a bad set so why would I have left it the same?

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
Swampert @ Choice Specs
Modest
Torrent
EVs: 158 HP/252 Sp.Atk/100 Speed
~Surf/Hydro Pump
~Earth Power
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power Electric

Max Sp.Atk, enough Speed to hit 181, outspeeding most Skarmorys, Metagross and Tyranitars, rest dumped into HP. First 3 moveslots are obvious, HP Electric is for Gyaradoes who otherwise is a pain.

Any suggestions?

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
Surf for sure. I'm not sure a Specially-Based Swampert would fare too well competitively seeing as most are mixed because it has a higher Atk stat.

Alex Pt

Wicked
Cradily @ leftovers
Careful
Suction cups - can't be roared out
Evs: 252 hp, 252 sp def, 4 def
Swords dance
Barrier
Recover
Rock slide

Cradily can switch into most special attackers not carrying ice beam and can begin to barrier up preparing for them to switch into a physical pokemon. Once barriers are up and cradily has recovered it's health, cradily can swords dance up for the sweep with rock slide, a move it gains STAB from and hits everything, not to mention the good pp and decent accuracy.
While cradily works best in sandstorm provided in ou, it can hold it's own in the ou environment with decent prediction and a few setups

Suggestions and help with this set would be very much appreciated.

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
I really like it. Looks like a barrier-Glaceon, just not as fragile. Too bad [for me] that Cradily is so effing ugly.

zero2exe

I'd like to get some suggestions on this little one:

Togekiss @ leftovers/lum berry
Calm. Serene grace ability
Evs: 160 sp. def., 140 hp, 120 sp atk., 80 speed, 8 def
-Air slash/water pulse
-Yawn
-Body slam
-Softboiled (to be replaced with roost)

My main concern is the EVs distribution as I wanted togekiss to be a bit more offensive and took some points onto sp. atk
the speed Evs are there to be able to outspeed some of the slow threats in case they actually decide to invest in speed, it'll also allow togekiss to throw a quick yawn in case ghosts decide to show up. The decision between air slash and water pulse may look gimmick (as air slash is the most preferred option) but I was thinking that it could be viable by setting sp. atk Evs to 80 and invest the rest in HP (so the 4x weakness pokes still lose a huge chunk of their health if not KO'ed). Besides, parafusion is always fun to drive the opponent into hating you =P

mutantmango

A Rampaging Luvdisc
Surf for sure. I'm not sure a Specially-Based Swampert would fare too well competitively seeing as most are mixed because it has a higher Atk stat.

I just wanted to use something unexpected; I'm a gimmicky kinda guy ;D

Alex Pt

Wicked
I really like it. Looks like a barrier-Glaceon, just not as fragile. Too bad [for me] that Cradily is so effing ugly.

Ugly? Just look at those cute piercing yellow glowing things for eyes...

Thanks though, I was debating using curse for an extra moveslot but decided it didn't provide the defence boost fast enough for an oncoming switch.

Cradily @ leftovers
Careful
Suction cups - can't be roared out
Evs: 252 hp, 252 sp def, 4 def
Swords dance
Barrier
Recover
Rock slide
Why not just run Curse and Amnesia? That covers both bases.
I'd like to get some suggestions on this little one:

Togekiss @ leftovers/lum berry
Calm. Serene grace ability
Evs: 160 sp. def., 140 hp, 120 sp atk., 80 speed, 8 def
-Air slash/water pulse
-Yawn
-Body slam
-Softboiled (to be replaced with roost)
I don't understand this set. If you want something to abuse Body Slam use Jirachi. Air Slash is the main perk of Togekiss, so why not just run ScarfKiss, NPKiss or a supporting Togekiss with Wish?

zero2exe

I don't understand this set. If you want something to abuse Body Slam use Jirachi. Air Slash is the main perk of Togekiss, so why not just run ScarfKiss, NPKiss or a supporting Togekiss with Wish?
1) because wish isn't as reliable as roost/softboiled. And yeah, jirachi would do the job better but it doesn't have the ground inmmunity togekiss has (which my team needs)

2) ScarfKiss is a tempting option, but the idea of this set is to spread status (paralysis and sleep and maby confusion) while still having a chance to fight back even if it gets taunted.

3) I'm also working on a NPKiss as we speak =P

shipshore64

Water Pokemon Master
Hey Alex Pt wouldnt your ground team be easily defeated by any water/ ice pokemon. Im curious how you counter the most common type of pokemon.
And what about this Swampert:
Swampert- Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Curse
Counter
Mirror Coat
Bold Nature
Sort of my Swampert version of Blissy/ Wobafet. What do you think?

zapper22001

Join BLD
^It's hard to rate without EV's...

1) because wish isn't as reliable as roost/softboiled. And yeah, jirachi would do the job better but it doesn't have the ground inmmunity togekiss has (which my team needs)

2) ScarfKiss is a tempting option, but the idea of this set is to spread status (paralysis and sleep and maby confusion) while still having a chance to fight back even if it gets taunted.

3) I'm also working on a NPKiss as we speak =P
1. Then use Wish and Protect.
2. You can use TrickScarf Togekiss (ie Trick/Air Slash/Thunder Wave/(Roost/Wish) or something).
Hey Alex Pt wouldnt your ground team be easily defeated by any water/ ice pokemon. Im curious how you counter the most common type of pokemon.
And what about this Swampert:
Swampert- Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Curse
Counter
Mirror Coat
Bold Nature
Sort of my Swampert version of Blissy/ Wobafet. What do you think?
That set serves no purpose though. Curse doesn't make Hydro Pump more powerful, and through using Curse you're weakening your damage output with Counter. Not a good set.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
I know I'll probably be laughed at this, but:

Salamence @ Ganlon Berry
Impish
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe
-Substitute
-Roost
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw

Funny failure, huh?
It works, actually. It can switch to weak / neutral attacks, such as CB Scizor's Bullet Punch, set up a Sub, and hit 25% to get a Defense boost. After that, Scizor's (after Intimidate) Bullet Punch will not break Salamence's Substitute. At +6 attack, it 2HKOes it with Dragon Claw. Not only it works on Scizor, but also on many physical attackers. CB Metagross can only 2HKO with Meteor Mash with the defense boost, and Salamence stands a high chance of 2HKOing Metagross with Dragon Claw at +6 (90% without SR, guaranteed 2HKO with SR).
Well, I don't have time to post more info, so, my fail spread that works.

Alex Pt

Wicked
Why not just run Curse and Amnesia? That covers both bases.

That makes sense, but I really want to be able to reach double defence quickly so I'm not completely wiped out by the likes of non swords dance scizor.
That's not my real competitive team, it's my monotype one that I hardly ever use.

Status
Not open for further replies.