• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
379.png

Regibush @ Chesto Berry
Adamant / Clear Body
252 hp, 100 atk, 158 spd
- Iron Head
- Hammer Arm
- Curse
- Rest

Using on a OU team, main role is tank/status absorber.
Cred to Smogon^^^

Small thing, you are meant to come up with your own sets for this thread. Not just change the EVs around a bit. What do they do, anyway? Speed on a Curser is useless. And this set is raped and abused by Heatran and Infernape, two pokemon now a lot more common with the removal of Latias.

Those EVs are for UU play, so just use Careful 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD.

Also ging obviously he'll use team support to cover Heatran/Ape. :/

Yeah, by spd i meant Sp.D obviously. Anyways its not like he can do anything to Ape/Tran with a moveset adjustment so why mention it then? EQ is obvious but i wanted to know if theres anymore coverage i can get from 2 moves with him.

So I bred an Impish Mudkip, but I don't want to use Resttalk Swampy. So how does this set I made fair? Its sort of a Leadpert/Cursepert combo of sorts disguised as a Tank.

swampert.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent/Impish
252 HP/200 Def/52 SpD
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stealth Rock

Get rid of Special Sweepers and/or Swampy Counters then proceed to terrorize the enemy. I think he looks good, but I really want to fit Roar in. Maybe take out the Rocks for it?

Last edited:
I decided to try to train a tank for my team so (after asking my friend for advice) I chose a dusknoir. Rate it and tell me if it's decent for battling. Also not 100% of if the moveset will work well. So any advice on the moves is appreciated.

Dusknoir lv 50 @ Leftovers
Relaxed
HP:151
Attack: 108
Defense: 170
Special Defense: 174

Moveset:
Shadow Sneak
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Sisco in a suit

Tophat master
Hello, got a jirachi the other day. it had decent ivs in spatk and hp and the rest were average. This a weird moveset but i'd appreciate the help, don't slander the set to much be kind. also not sure about EV'S.
NATURE: Modest
ITEMS: ?????
MOVES:
gravity
Thunder
calm mind
doom desire
or
gravity
u-turn(i know modest nature, but getting out of there and some damage is okay)
?
?

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
Dusknoir lv 50 @ Leftovers
Relaxed
HP:151
Attack: 108
Defense: 170
Special Defense: 174

Moveset:
Shadow Sneak
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Will-O-Wisp
I think the given evs are more useful than the in-game stats.

steelix48

I have caught an Adamant Groudon on SS with these IVs:
0/28/26/22/18/30
but im stuck on an EV spread and move set.
would this be any good?

Groudon@Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Rock Polish
EQ
Stone Edge
Dragon claw

Anti-lead

jynx @ choice scarf
modest / forewarn
252 spa / 252 spe / 6 hp
- trick
- lovely kiss
- blizzard / ice beam
- psychic

Is use this beast on my hail team as a lead, it's amazing and no one expects anything from of or has any idea what it is going to do. Plus it's unknown 95 spe and 110 spa are actually really impressive. I easily get kill on slower pokes who my oponent assumes is faster but really has no clue. Modest with scarf outspeeds everything but ninjask unscathed. This jynx is really a curveball.

Simse

So I bred an Impish Mudkip, but I don't want to use Resttalk Swampy. So how does this set I made fair? Its sort of a Leadpert/Cursepert combo of sorts disguised as a Tank.

swampert.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent/Careful
252 HP/4 Attack252 Special Defense
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stealth Rock

Get rid of Special Sweepers and/or Swampy Counters then proceed to terrorize the enemy. I think he looks good, but I really want to fit Roar in. Maybe take out the Rocks for it?

I suggest taking Stealth Rock out, and using someone else as your Stealth Rocker. Seeing as you're using CursePert you want all the moves you want. Stone Edge is a better option so you're not destroyed by Gyarados. And with Roar, you're better with using it with someone else, as I said, you want all the moves you want so you won't be walled so you don't have to constantly switch out, making Curse useless. Skamory can Whirlwind and set up Rock, and has good synergy with Pert, try him out. You're also better off with Careful 252 Special Defense seeing you'll be boosting his Defense anyway.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Anti-lead

jynx @ choice scarf
modest / forewarn
252 spa / 252 spe / 6 hp
- trick
- lovely kiss
- blizzard / ice beam
- psychic

Is use this beast on my hail team as a lead, it's amazing and no one expects anything from of or has any idea what it is going to do. Plus it's unknown 95 spe and 110 spa are actually really impressive. I easily get kill on slower pokes who my oponent assumes is faster but really has no clue. Modest with scarf outspeeds everything but ninjask unscathed. This jynx is really a curveball.

Not the best set. You're really undermining Jynx's stats. I wouldn't use this as a lead, more as a revenge killer without Lovely Kiss. Lovely Kiss is acceptable, though CM+Lovely Kiss with Lefties sounds better.

Latiasfan

Water Trainer!
ok don't know what to do with the moves on my drapion, using it in a fairly physical attack team. I feel as if there would be a better moveset to use though. Any suggestions? My drapion is as follows:

Drapion w/Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Moves: Poison Jab
Crunch
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang

Last edited:

Azure Flame

This is a Golem I trained in Heart Gold. Would like to hear what you think.

golem.png

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Careful
EVs: 4 HP, 178 Attack, 248 Sp Defense, 80 Speed
IVs: 25 HP, 31 Attack, 30 Defense, 19 Sp Attack, 31 Sp Defense, 25 Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch

Earthquake and Stone Edge are for STAB, while Thunderpunch and Fire Punch are for it's weaknessess.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Skuntank@Black Sludge
Calm/Aftermath
244 HP/196 Sp.D/68 Spe
-Taunt
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Toxic/Explosion

This is a pretty unique set I just thought of. Basically, I’m taking advantage of Skun’s great HP, immunity to Toxic, and great resistances to make a bulky one meant to come in on offensive Ghosts (Maggy, Tomb, and Rotom). It also comes in on Specs Alakazam every time, being totally immune to its STAB Psychic and resists Signal Beam, Grass Knot, and Shadow Ball, taking Focus Blast normally, and finally being able to fight it off with STAB Sucker Punch. If it tries Tricking, It’ll be stuck with a negative item. The reason Taunt is up there is that it can really cripple walls and utility set-ups that it outspeeds. Taunting Chansey, Registeel, and Omastar will cripple the wall, the tank, and the Utility, preventing Chansey to Stall, Registeel to set up its status and SR, and Omastar to set up both Spikes and SR.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Skuntank@Black Sludge
Calm/Aftermath
244 HP/196 Sp.D/68 Spe
-Taunt
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Toxic/Explosion

This is a pretty unique set I just thought of. Basically, I’m taking advantage of Skun’s great HP, immunity to Toxic, and great resistances to make a bulky one meant to come in on offensive Ghosts (Maggy, Tomb, and Rotom). It also comes in on Specs Alakazam every time, being totally immune to its STAB Psychic and resists Signal Beam, Grass Knot, and Shadow Ball, taking Focus Blast normally, and finally being able to fight it off with STAB Sucker Punch. If it tries Tricking, It’ll be stuck with a negative item. The reason Taunt is up there is that it can really cripple walls and utility set-ups that it outspeeds. Taunting Chansey, Registeel, and Omastar will cripple the wall, the tank, and the Utility, preventing Chansey to Stall, Registeel to set up its status and SR, and Omastar to set up both Spikes and SR.

This is a Golem I trained in Heart Gold. Would like to hear what you think.

golem.png

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Careful
EVs: 4 HP, 178 Attack, 248 Sp Defense, 80 Speed
IVs: 25 HP, 31 Attack, 30 Defense, 19 Sp Attack, 31 Sp Defense, 25 Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch

Earthquake and Stone Edge are for STAB, while Thunderpunch and Fire Punch are for it's weaknessess.
Not worth trying to buff up Golem's SpD unless it's a few EVs to survive some random attack, so don't bother. You're better of using physically defensive supporting Golem or Rock Polish/Choice Band Golem.
Skuntank@Black Sludge
Calm/Aftermath
244 HP/196 Sp.D/68 Spe
-Taunt
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Toxic/Explosion

Looks pretty much like the standard set used in NU, but you may want to consider using Fire Blast over Poison Jab so you have not only better coverage, but can hit Toxicroak. Failing that, Pursuit/Crunch is always an option for the mind games.

Here's a set I came up with that has been bringing me some success recently.

477.png

Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31 / * / 31 / 31 / 31 / *
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpDef
Moveset: Calm Mind / Ice Beam / Rest / Curse

This guy is for late game when you have removed all of your opponents suspected Taunters.

Why would I want to bother raising Dusknoir's base 65 SpAtk, you might ask. Well, the SpAtk boost is nothing more than novelty. The important part of the Calm Mind is to boost the SpDef. After 1 Calm mind, Ice Beam can take out all versions of Salamence and survive the Life Orbed Outrage with pleanty of HP to spare afterwords.

Rest is there to heal after Curse, which is there to take out bulky Waters and Steels. You shoud be able to survive the two turns of sleep versus anything not named Weavile, but Weavile should have been taken out of the game by then anyways, as I would naaturally suspect it to be carrying Taunt.

All of that stuff is pretty much novelty, as well, since the idea is to stall via Pressure. While Resting up, your opponent is firing off whatever it will do, while you are stat boosting the SpDef and making your opponent BEG for a critical hit.

Anything at (or after) +2 Calm Mind means loosing half of your HP using Curse does next to nothing when you can Rest back your HP, and more than survive the two turns you're taking a nap.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Looks pretty much like the standard set used in NU, but you may want to consider using Fire Blast over Poison Jab so you have not only better coverage, but can hit Toxicroak. Failing that, Pursuit/Crunch is always an option for the mind games.

Technically, no. I don't really play NU, but this set is meant for bulkiness rather than power. It tanks out hits from the Special spectrum.

Here's a set I came up with that has been bringing me some success recently.

477.png

Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31 / * / 31 / 31 / 31 / *
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpDef
Moveset: Calm Mind / Ice Beam / Rest / Curse
I'm skeptical of this set for various reasons. Any boosting move + Curse on a Ghost is a waste of a moveslot imo, especially in OU when you've got Tyranitar and Scizor running around ready to smack you into tomorrow with brutal STAB attacks. Secondly, Dusknoir's SpA isn't exactly what I would call ideal for a CM set by any means, even though it isn't the crux of the set. Due to this it kinda needs STAB to hurt anything except the likes of Salamence and Gliscor without Curse, but I would be surprised if you ever got a chance to set it up. It's setup fodder for so many things as well, such as CroCune or CM Wish Jirachi.
Technically, no. I don't really play NU, but this set is meant for bulkiness rather than power. It tanks out hits from the Special spectrum.
There is an NU set for exactly that fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.