• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

young money

Professional Douche
What could I do to improve this:

;464;
Rhyperior @ Enigma Berry
Solid Rock

Brave: 252 HP/92 D/164 SpD

Substitute
Avalanche
Stone Edge
Earthquake

My main concern is where to move the EVs if needed and which item to use because I'm content with the moveset

Azure Flame

Here is another one of my Pokemon, this one from Platinum. I was very pleased with how this one turn out.

floatzel.png

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Hardy
EVs: 216 Sp Attack, 40 Sp Defense, 252 Speed
IVs: 20 HP, 7 Attack, 12 Defense, 21 Sp Attack, 27 Sp Defense, 30 Speed.
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dig
- Rain Dance

A nice Rain Dance/Damp Rock combo to boost it's already great speed. Surf for STAB with a boost from Rain Dance. Ice Beam and Dig for weaknessess.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
A specially- oriented Floatzel in rain dance should run modest. And hidden power ground over dig, as well as no special defense EVs.

What could I do to improve this:

;464;
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Solid Rock

Adamant 136 HP/244 Atk/128 Spe

Substitute
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Earthquake

My main concern is where to move the EVs if needed and which item to use because I'm content with the moveset
That is the best SubPerior set. You need Megahorn more than Avalanche.
Here is another one of my Pokemon, this one from Platinum. I was very pleased with how this one turn out.

floatzel.png

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Hardy
EVs: 216 Sp Attack, 40 Sp Defense, 252 Speed
IVs: 20 HP, 7 Attack, 12 Defense, 21 Sp Attack, 27 Sp Defense, 30 Speed.
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dig
- Rain Dance

A nice Rain Dance/Damp Rock combo to boost it's already great speed. Surf for STAB with a boost from Rain Dance. Ice Beam and Dig for weaknessess.
Outclassed by Gorebyss, just use a physical Waterfall/Ice Punch/Crunch/Rain Dance set.

Azure Flame

Thanks for the help guys, I've got one more that I just recently finished training in Heart Gold.

65.png

Alakazam @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Rash
EVs: 44 HP, 236 Sp Attack, 230 Speed
IVs: 27 HP, 9 Attack, 24 Defense, 30 Sp Attack, 24 Sp Defense, 28 Speed.
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Punch
- Signal Beam

Psychic for STAB. Shadow Ball, Fire Punch, and Signal Beam for weaknesses. Wise Glasses are to power up Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Signal Beam.

Might want to run Substitute and Hidden Power Fire over Signal Beam and Fire Punch. Fire Punch is useless off Zam's pathetic attack, and Substitute protects you from the ever present Scizor. You should probably run Focus Blast over Shadow Ball too since that means you beat Tyranitar too. Use Life Orb over Wise Glasses too since the damage output is nice.

steelix48

I have caught an Adamant Groudon on SS with these IVs:
0/28/26/22/18/30
but im stuck on an EV spread and move set.
would this be any good?

Groudon@Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Rock Polish
EQ
Stone Edge
Dragon claw

Can i get this rated please?:)
thanks

hobby

Ok, first things first, that HP IV is far less than ideal, but it is what you have, so we will have to work with it.

The moveset that you have is fine, it is pretty much the standard RP Groundon moveset and works pretty well in the Uber tier. The EVs on the other hand are a little tricky. Max Attack is fairly obvious. With your nature, max Speed is not doing very much, putting it in a relative "no man's land". With this in mind the speed EVs can be cut down, for you 140 should be enough to outrun Jolly Choice Scarf Garchomp, one of the speedier threats in the tier. This gives you some extra EVs that you can place into HP to raise it's bulk a little and make up for that poor IV somewhat. Your item choice can also be changed to Life Orb to get a little extra power, but Leftovers works too for the most part (the choice here is up to you).

So with that you have:
Groudon @ Leftovers/Life Orb
116 HP/252 Attack/140 Spe | Adamant
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw

Nothing outside the standard (except for some minor corrections for IVs) but it does it's job quite nicely.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
You can always replace RP with SD and the evs would be perfect with it.(or even CB can work)

SoulFang

Wolf Lover
i have an adamant natured absol and im ev training it for my team. what attacks do you think it should have?

SoulFang

Wolf Lover
i have an adamant natured absol and im ev training it for my team. what attacks do you think it should have?

Sucker Punch/Night Slash/Superpower/Psycho Cut is standard iirc. But you'd probably be better off with a Jolly Absol, although Adamant would be passable for a Choice Scarf set probably.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I was just thinking, would this deo-d set work?
Deoxys-d@Leftovers
252HP/176SDef/80Def
Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Mirror coat
-Counter
-Recover

The idea is to use in a stall team so you can force them to attack and get mirror coated or countered or force a switch.

The Trapinch

Mono-Teams Master
Wobbie is just better in countercoating due to shadow tag but deo can use recover.
If you have no wishpasser you can use it as a second countercoat.(paired with wobbie)

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
So I recently created a new OU team centered around Swords Dance Aqua Jet Feraligatr sweeping, but a decent EV spread for this type of Feraligatr isn't on smogon. The SD set still only features Waterfall, so the EV spread is just 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature. However, with priority, Feraligatr doesn't need so much speed, and can just opt for more power. The set I've been using to great success is this:

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Swords Dance
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Earthquake

I invested enough speed EVs to outspeed defensive Celebis (neutral speed nature, 32 Spe EVs), as well as most variants of defensively-orented Zapdos, all variants of neutral speed natured Brelooms, and pretty much every standard variant of bulky OU waters other than Starmie. Since these are the major counters to the average Feraligatr, I wanted to ensure I could get the upper hand. For example, if Feraligatr SD's as defensive Celebi switches in, I can get a clean 2HKO with Ice Punch after living one Grass Knot. The same goes for defensive Zapdos, although I don't usually keep Feraligatr in as Zapdos has a chance to 1HKO with Thunderbolt. Breloom goes down to Ice Punch easily, and being faster than bulky waters lets me get off more Earthquakes. Also, before anyone says anything, I opted for Leftovers over Life Orb to prolong Feraligatr's life on the field, I usually get 2 SD's off on average thanks to Leftovers recovery, and I prefer survivability over power. I can't name how many times I've used setup sweepers that only end up getting one attack off before dying to LO recoil. Anyway, I'd mostly like the EV spread to be rated. I've been considering just going for a simple 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe, so some feedack on that would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Mail Time

Banned
With the absence of Latias, Infernape has become one of the most dangerous sweepers, and many previously rare sets such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot are finding some use. This Infernape can be considered somewhat gimmicky, but when you see how well it does, you will be surprised.

392.png

Infernape @ Leftovers
Blaze | Timid
252 HP | 140 Def | 116 Spe
Will-o-wisp
Taunt
Flamethrower
Slack Off​

With an amazing defensive movepool, and decent typing for a fire-type, Infernape can perform quite well as a stallbreaker and take hits somewhat well especially after a burn. WoW + Taunt is the crux of the set and allow Infernape to completely shut down most stall teams as even ResTalk Gyara cannot beat it. Flamethrower is fairly reliable STAB and Slack Off is great instant recovery. In terms of usefulness, this set performs a lot like Gliscor and even checks Lucario.

If some of you are skeptical, here are some calcs:

-2 ResTalk Gyara vs Infernape: (32.58% - 38.76%)
-2 Max Atk Machamp vs Infernape: (28.09% - 33.15%)
-2 Scarfed Flygon vs Infernape: (42.70% - 50.56%)
-2 Swampert vs Infernape: (37.08% - 43.82%)
+2 Adamant Lucario Extremespeed vs Infernape: (68.26% - 80.62%)
0 SpAtk Rotom Thunderbolt vs Infernape: (39.89% - 47.19%)​

It is honestly quite staggering at how well Infernape takes these attacks. The EVs outrun 216 Spe Glis although running more is probably ideal to make sure it is able to outrun all forms.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Heatran tends to do this set better. Why can't rest talk gyara just rest off the burn though? You haven't explained what moves they are using to infernape.

Status
Not open for further replies.