• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cell

Infernal Informality
This is a set I've been thinking about:

Porygon-Z @ Wise glasses / Life orb / Expert belt / scope lens / petaya berry (haven't decided yet)
Ability: Adaptability
EV: 252 Sp. Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Modest

___Moves:___

Tri Attack, for basic attacks, has the 2x stab of adaptibility first turn
Ice beam, 95 base damage, has 190 when conversioned to Ice
Thunderbolt, 95 base damage, has 190 when conversioned to Electr.
Conversion, for swapping between the 3 types

BoltBeam makes sure I can hit everything for atleast neutral damage. With conversion, I can also change my type to make certain attacks not be supereffective. (losing fighting weakness/ground weakness, ect...)

___Items:___
Life orb would upgrade its killing power, but would make it even more of a glass cannon.

Wise glasses boosts only by 10% but doesn't have the recoil damage.

Expert belt would give 20% power boost to super effective hits, but only to Thunderbolt / Ice beam.

Scope lens would increase my critical hit rate, which is usefull on something I can't 1HKO. It depends on luck, though.

A petaya berry would raise my Sp. att in a pinch, this won't work if the opponent 1HKO's or has a priority move.

Any tips/improvements?

Eaglehawk

Banned
This is a set I've been thinking about:

Porygon-Z @ Wise glasses / Life orb / Expert belt / scope lens / petaya berry (haven't decided yet)
Ability: Adaptability
EV: 252 Sp. Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Modest

___Moves:___

Tri Attack, for basic attacks, has the 2x stab of adaptibility first turn
Ice beam, 95 base damage, has 190 when conversioned to Ice
Thunderbolt, 95 base damage, has 190 when conversioned to Electr.
Conversion, for swapping between the 3 types

BoltBeam makes sure I can hit everything for atleast neutral damage. With conversion, I can also change my type to make certain attacks not be supereffective. (losing fighting weakness/ground weakness, ect...)

___Items:___
Life orb would upgrade its killing power, but would make it even more of a glass cannon.

Wise glasses boosts only by 10% but doesn't have the recoil damage.

Expert belt would give 20% power boost to super effective hits, but only to Thunderbolt / Ice beam.

Scope lens would increase my critical hit rate, which is usefull on something I can't 1HKO. It depends on luck, though.

A petaya berry would raise my Sp. att in a pinch, this won't work if the opponent 1HKO's or has a priority move.

Any tips/improvements?

SUbStitute over Conversion. Allows it to stay in battle for a longer time.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
i have a rather unusual lugia id like an opinion on. its basically arisen from the point that ive gotten bored with seeing it abuse safeguard to the point of killing itself and a rather lucky IV/Nature combo

Lugia
Hasty@Life Orb?
26/31/6/18/18/26
EV Spread: 112 Atk/160 Sp.Atk/236 Speed

HP Fight
Punishment
Roost
Ice Beam

i really need help working on the EV spread also, its not something ive ever had any real skill with in terms of mixed sweepers, the given spread balances out the two attack stats at the same level but im always willing to hear advice on this

Offensive Lugia really can't do much damage without Calm Mind, and since you seem to want Life Orb I'd suggest an offensive Calm Mind set.

Lugia @Life Orb
Pressure | Timid | 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Roost
~ Aeroblast
~ Earth Power/Thunder/Hidden Power Fighting

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
that was the original plan wen i started trying to get him last week, guess i hoped i could make something out of this one. thanks for the help though

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Guess who's back... Elmi101! After my 6 month break I'm finally back. I remember all those days of cramming my school work with Serebii. Since it is summer, I thought I might come back and visit.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Hasty (+Speed, -Def)
EVs: 64 Atk, 252 SpA, 192 Speed

~ Fake Out
~ Fire Blast
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot

My old lead + star from my old team. I wonder if it still can play in today's Competitive battles.

Simse

Guess who's back... Elmi101! After my 6 month break I'm finally back. I remember all those days of cramming my school work with Serebii. Since it is summer, I thought I might come back and visit.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Hasty (+Speed, -Def)
EVs: 64 Atk, 252 SpA, 192 Speed

~ Fake Out
~ Fire Blast
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot

My old lead + star from my old team. I wonder if it still can play in today's Competitive battles.

Stealth Rock > Grass Knot on a Lead Infernape.

Simse

I kept Grass Knot on for all those times Swamperts thinking they could Earthquake me, could I switch Close Combat/Fire Blast for SR?

Close Combat would be the next best thing to replace. You'd lose to Lead Heatran then, and they're becoming a lot more popular.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
I'm just going to replace Grass Knot with SR since I been gone for half a year and don't know much about today's game.

I had just recently found out Salamence is now Uber. I am still very surprised about it but understand.

Bagel

Go, Torterra!
Probopass
Jolly
A-121
D-301
SA-144
SD-311
S-100
Ability- Sturdy

Moves
Discharge
Stone Edge
Zap Cannon
Earth Power

hobby

Not only are EVs needed, not stats, but this set does not seem to have any purpose, you are probably best off just taking a look here to try and get an idea of what Probopass is able to do if you are set on using it. Or at least give us a bit of an idea of what you are planning on doing with it.

Phinocio

So. I've been thinking of using this Smeargle as a lead on shoddy...

Smeargle @ Focus Sash/Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo (Prevents confusion from stopping set up... since it won't be attacking..)
Nature: Impish (increase it's bad defense...)
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Def / 252 Sp.Def (Too keep it alive while setting up...)
-Dragon Dance
-Baton Pass
-Trick (if I have a choice band. I can trick it onto opponents pokemon then use block to keep them using the same move... (stealth rock, etc) or if they have a trick set, and I am using focus sash, I can trick the band back onto them. :p
-Taunt/Block

Basically: I try my best to keep the opponent from attacking while I set up DDance. Then if I am going to die the next move or I survive with focus sash, I baton pass to my sweaper. (Focus sash to prevent ohkos, and gaurentee a baton pass if they don't use a trick set...Or Choice Band to prevent them from attacking me.... hoping they don't have a band themselves..).

THREATS:
-Any damaging weather (hail, sandstorm).
-Other trick sets.

.. Only ones I can think of. =/

Thoughts? Improvements?

FaloChain

Forgotten one
Special Wall For My Team Needed

I'm looking for a special wall for my team with a good moveset, currently in place of a special wall is a bulky water type, Milotic. My team is...
Skarmory (Physical wall) @ Leftovers
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Substitute
-Drill Peck
(Yes it is my lead off pokemon, can't think of a better one with as good of resistances)

Elecitivire (Physical sweeper) @ Life Orb
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Earth Quake
-Cross Chop

Porygon-Z (Special sweeper) @ Silk Scarf
-Tri Attack
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Salamence (Mixed sweeper) @ Sitrus Berry
-Dragon Claw
-Earth Quake
-Flamethrower
-Roost

Tyranitar (Physical sweeper) @ Leftovers
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Focus Punch

I've been thinking of putting in Dusknoir, however my Tyranitar would mess up almost any moveset that you put on him due to sandstorm.

Last edited:

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Is Skarmory your lead D:? Is your team OU? If so you have to remove Salamence.

Dusknoir would be a better choice than Milotic due to Porygon Z and Tyranitar being weak to Fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.