• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tochukaso

Me>U >_>
The old one was even more cluttered than the first one with about 30 additional pages.

This thread is a simple premise: rather than posting a single thread to ask for a moveset for a Pokemon - which is SPAM and punishable - ask for the moveset here and save yourselves and the regulars / mods a lot of time!

However, please, if you are using this thread, make sure what you are asking for is not evidently somewhere else / already posted / general knowledge. This can be accomplished using these three actions:

Precautions to take before posting:

1. Check Smogon.

Chances are if you are looking for a single Pokemon, you will find it on Smogon's D/P/Pt Analysis' sections:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Additionally, there is a "Platinum Updates" section which may help you find Platinum-related needs:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76

2. Use the search button!

Although it can be tiresome at times depending on how old the thread is, using the search feature in this thread and typing in the Pokemon / move (for example, "Empoleon Brine") may result in you finding what you were looking for without adding needlessly to the thread.

3. Don't post standard sets.

If you use the above methods and find, say, the standard Skarmory set for D/P Overused, do not post it here anyway to "double check". If it's on Smogon's analysis, it's there for a reason. Additionally, if you know that a set is standard or have a very strong (and intelligent) feeling that it is, you'd probably be best just not posting.

Thanks, enjoy.

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Lugia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP/248 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Aeroblast
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Hits a lot of stuff hard, especially if it lands the CH on Aero Blast. Trick can screw up a counter, such as Dialga. Ice Beam takes out the Dragons and Earth Power hits Dialga and Heatran. I would want to put Thunder on there, but oh well.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I guess I'll start.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Own Tempo
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Spore
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Thrash

This Smeargle set was created to abuse Outrage and Thrash. Spore puts the enemy to sleep, almost guaranteed thanks to Focus Sash, Dragon Dance powers Smeargle up, and as for the last two, well, they're pretty much self-explanatory.

Reno

so adorable...
Way too gimmicky. Attack is way too low to be used like that, especially with something as lower powered as Thrash and non-Stab Outrage.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Yeah, I guess you're right. But still, that's exactly why I have Dragon Dance. Actually, I considered Belly Drum, but Focus Sash kind of defeats the purpose.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I don't expect it to. And when did I say I expected it to reach 600 Attack?

EDIT: New rank for me! Woot yar!

Reno

so adorable...
Don't get so defensive. I was making a point, you said you had Dragon Dance to boost its Attack, but even with +6 it does not reach 600, which is really bad. If you do still decide to use it, for fun and what not, I would suggest Return over Thrash. Thash serves no purpose, it is just a low powered attack that doesn't let you switch.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Yeah, you're right. Switching is good.

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
Revenge Sleeper

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolley Nature
Ability: Own Tempo
252hp/252spe/4def

???
Recycle
Spore
Rest

The idea is that you spore while your opponent attacks and you survive with sash. Weather they swtich or sleep, you use rest to heal to full health. It helps to a have a cleric on your team. When you can buy some time, you can recycle to get your sash back and put something else to sleep after you've killed what is already asleep. Looking for a fourth move to make this even more cheep. Probobly Endeavor.

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
^ Doesn't work

Sleep Talkers and Sleep Clause pretty much make it useless

Also Rest without Sleep Talk is just suicidal. Don't bother with it, its extremely gimmicky and wont work really.

Platinum TTar, no not A DDTar with aqua tail, this gimmicky and useless set. seeing as he has so many weaknesses and neglecting is huge attack stat would be stupid, anyways.

TTar@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 188 SpD/ 68 Def

- Iron Defense
- Rest
- Earthquake/Stone Edge/ Crunch
- Ice punch/ Stone Edge/ Crunch

better special wall than snorlax with, due to sand stream a max SpD of 492. now he has something to help that defense become equally as massive.

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
Lugia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP/248 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Aeroblast
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Hits a lot of stuff hard, especially if it lands the CH on Aero Blast. Trick can screw up a counter, such as Dialga. Ice Beam takes out the Dragons and Earth Power hits Dialga and Heatran. I would want to put Thunder on there, but oh well.

Honestly I don't see the point of having 8 HP EVs. You might as well run max speed.

Platinum TTar, no not A DDTar with aqua tail, this gimmicky and useless set. seeing as he has so many weaknesses and neglecting is huge attack stat would be stupid, anyways.

TTar@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 188 SpD/ 68 Def

- Iron Defense
- Rest
- Earthquake/Stone Edge/ Crunch
- Ice punch/ Stone Edge/ Crunch

better special wall than snorlax with, due to sand stream a max SpD of 492. now he has something to help that defense become equally as massive.

What is the premise of this set? Eg: Do you Iron Defense as they switch for a counter or attack straight away? Is this an early game tank or a late-game staller?

Anyway, this is revenge killed easily by Weavile if you don't run Stone Edge, and with no attack EVs it still has trouble. Heatran gets in for free without EQ, and Gliscor is a threat if you don't run Ice Punch. Also obviously psychics and ghosts wall this set without Crunch. It just has too many common counters with only two moves. I can see the surprise value in this set, but once your opp realises you're only running two moves, this set is dealt with fairly easily.

Narumaru

<---- Favorite Shiny
Glaceon
Modest
252 hp/252 spa/6 hp
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Fake Tears
-Wish
-Shadow Ball

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Glaceon
Modest
252 hp/252 spa/6 hp
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Fake Tears
-Wish
-Shadow Ball

You wanting to get it rated?

Well, its standard. Everything is fine. Blizzard over Ice Beam if your using glaceon in a hail team, if not then Ice Beam.

Hidden Power [FIGHT] offers better coverage than Shadow Ball, but if your not willind to breed for hidden power [fight] or any other hidden powers, then shadow ball is fine.

Narumaru

<---- Favorite Shiny
ok thanks and I'll use blizzard I have a pokemon that uses hail and supports my team.

Narumaru

<---- Favorite Shiny
-Lanturn@????
calm
252 hp/252spd/6 sp.att
-Hail
-Discharge
-Attract
-aqua ring

it supports my glaceon and electivire in double battle.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
-Lanturn@????
calm
252 hp/252spd/6 sp.att
-Hail
-Discharge
-Attract
-aqua ring

it supports my glaceon and electivire in double battle.

Attract is quite unreliable, specially for lanturn as it probably will get hit before it gets to attract the opponent. Also, I dont think aqua ring will be your best friend either.

I would change these two moves. Blizzard could be a good choice seen as your running Hail. Thunder Wave could also be a good addition to slow down your opponents.

I would ditch Attract and Aqua Ring and think about using some of the following:

Blizzard / Thunder Wave / Confuse Ray, cant really think of any others. Brine would probably be better over Surf if you was to choose a STAB water move because you wont want to be hurting E-Vire and Glaceon with Surfs, plus the rest of your team.

EDIT: Confuse does more-or-less the same thing as attract, however, it can affect both the pokemon no matter what gender they are, has a 50% chance (just like attract right?) and makes them hit them selves, so confuse ray would defo work better than attract.

Oh, and for the item, Leftovers.

Last edited:

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
Ok, I need some help with this little guy:

;479-w;
Washtom @ Choice Scarf
Calm
????
Trick
Hydro Pump
Thunder Bolt/Discharge
Thunder Wave/WoW

Reasoning/Explinations: This guy seems like he could be a HUGE threat in Platinum. He has ok Sp. Atk, so with Choice Scarf, he can sorta make use of it. But Trick is where this really shines. Trick a CS onto a nice wall, and watch as you take their lefties, becoming defencive, and they are stuck with a horrid CS. Here is one of the places I need trouble. 30% Chance of neutralizing the scarf is tantalizing, and works great with WoW, as a double status. But 100% paralysis and stronger STAB is also hard to pass up... Hydro Pump for STAB.

Ev's however, are not my best point. I would dearly appreciate it if you guys could help out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.