• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
What appalls me about the creation of sets like this is the blatant disregard for a move which almost every Pokémon learns: Toxic. It will utterly destroy this set, especially if used by a Steel Type such as Registeel or Probopass (although I wouldn't wager on seeing the latter in Uber battles). The Nature is also undesirable, seeing that you don't have any Physical attacks.

Anyway, the fact that you have a Docile Nature makes calculating the total of IV/EV boosts quite simple:
HP: 11
Attack: 44
Defense: 26
Speed: 8
Special Attack: 44
Special Defense: 36

I could probably work out ranges for the IVs, but that would be boring. Besides, you're correct in saying that you can't re-train it, and everything else in your post seems to be in order (although you'll get a lot of flack for using a hack).

Talim Rave

Pika, chu-ka?
Like I said, my aquiring this Pokemon is an uber-fluke, since I don't even have an Action Replay. Nor is it normally used in the average battle.

I'm actually trying to get my local area up to competative status, and they don't think to use moves like Toxic...or Steel-types. *facepalm* Pain and defeat is usually the best teacher, and once they actually start using their brains and think like competative trainers, I'll allow my Arceus to rest (unless needed to help powerlevel a younger Pokemon) in my legends box. I won't delete it, especially since it is my favorite Pokemon. Not for the power (that's a bonus), but for the story behind it.

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Roost

I used it in ubers, and it worked pretty well. Outstalls standard Lugia and support Groudon. Has problems with Steels, obviously. Still, that is what Dugtrio and Magnezone are for.

Outspeeds max Speed Adamant Tyranitar, and outstalls with Roost and Toxic. Taunt stops support moves. Brave Birds gives me an attack.

Cole

Electric User
Snorlax {Hidepon} @ no item (no items rule for Tournament)
Ability: Immunity
EVs: Unsure atm on how much, but I know for sure it will be in HP, Def, Spk, SpD.
Nature: Calm (+Sp. Def., -Atk) (I want it this way.)
Substitute
Stockpile
Swallow
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Hyper Beam/Focus Blast

As you can see, for the last slot I'm really unsure. That's the part I need help on. =\

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Quite possibly the worst Snorlax set I've ever seen, to be completely honest. First of all, you are completely ignoring Snorlax's above-average 110 base Attack stat in favor of his unspectacular 65 base Special Attack? You are giving him only one attack move, and the options you list can all be completely walled by Pokemon immune to them? You DO realize that the defense boosts gained by Stockpile disappear when you use Swallow, right? And what is the point of Substitute if you aren't using Focus Punch, Leech Seed, or don't have Leftovers?

No. Just no. If this is for a tournament, you'll probably want something like this instead:

Snorlax
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk) / Careful Nature (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Thick Fat
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake / Crunch / Fire Punch

Rest means you don't need Immunity, and instead can focus on walling special-based Pokemon easier with Thick Fat (since Flamethrower and Ice Beam are fairly commonplace moves). Sleep Talk ensures that you aren't helpless while asleep. Body Slam for paralysis. The last move depends on the rest of your team. If you have Pokemon that can kill Levitating ghosts like Gengar and Mismagius, then use Earthquake. If you have Pokemon that can kill Steels, use Crunch. Fire Punch works to hit Bronzong AND does decent damage to Ghosts, but it has limited use elsewhere and is difficult to obtain.

Cole

Electric User
Quite possibly the worst Snorlax set I've ever seen, to be completely honest. First of all, you are completely ignoring Snorlax's above-average 110 base Attack stat in favor of his unspectacular 65 base Special Attack? You are giving him only one attack move, and the options you list can all be completely walled by Pokemon immune to them? You DO realize that the defense boosts gained by Stockpile disappear when you use Swallow, right? And what is the point of Substitute if you aren't using Focus Punch, Leech Seed, or don't have Leftovers?

No. Just no. If this is for a tournament, you'll probably want something like this instead:

Snorlax
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk) / Careful Nature (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Thick Fat
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake / Crunch / Fire Punch

Rest means you don't need Immunity, and instead can focus on walling special-based Pokemon easier with Thick Fat (since Flamethrower and Ice Beam are fairly commonplace moves). Sleep Talk ensures that you aren't helpless while asleep. Body Slam for paralysis. The last move depends on the rest of your team. If you have Pokemon that can kill Levitating ghosts like Gengar and Mismagius, then use Earthquake. If you have Pokemon that can kill Steels, use Crunch. Fire Punch works to hit Bronzong AND does decent damage to Ghosts, but it has limited use elsewhere and is difficult to obtain.

=\ wasn't what I was asking...
I wanted to try something different and yes I do know about the swallow effect.
I like doing things differently b/c I think differently than others. Plus the battles are timed anyways. The Sub would be working with the Stock/Swallow combo.

There's no rule against trying different things; and you never know if something will work well unless you actually try it.

Hidepon may do well, he may not. I want to see for myself how he does.

I only need help with filling the last slot. I even put that I wasn't changing anything else. I don't want standard, I want fun. =\

If Femmy was on, I would've asked her instead....but she's not T.T

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Pretty sure Femme would give the same advice. But oh well.

The one special move that people actually sometimes put on Snorlax is Fire Blast, since it is his best weapon against Skarmory and to an extent Bronzong. So you should consider that. Or Flamethrower since you'll want PP and accuracy on a stall-ish Pokemon like Snorlax.

However, I would not recommend Hyper Beam since it gives your opponent a free switch and has low PP. I would not recommend Focus Blast since it has low PP, horrible accuracy, and Ghost-types are already a common switch-in to Snorlax. I would not recommend Psychic since it has poor type coverage, and Fighting-types will likely KO you before you can even hit them with a Psychic (and your Special Attack is so weak that they will likely survive even if you do manage to hit them). Shadow Ball might be a good choice to hit those Ghost-types.

Thunderbolt could do something to Gyarados, although I wouldn't count on a OHKO. Ice Beam could do something to Salamence and Gliscor.

Take your pick. And once more, I will warn you that this Snorlax is likely to fall flat on its face. All power to you for wanting to try something unorthodox, but this is just a little too outside of the box for my liking, and borders on foolishness in my opinion.

Cole

Electric User
Pretty sure Femme would give the same advice. But oh well.

The one special move that people actually sometimes put on Snorlax is Fire Blast, since it is his best weapon against Skarmory and to an extent Bronzong. So you should consider that. Or Flamethrower since you'll want PP and accuracy on a stall-ish Pokemon like Snorlax.

However, I would not recommend Hyper Beam since it gives your opponent a free switch and has low PP. I would not recommend Focus Blast since it has low PP, horrible accuracy, and Ghost-types are already a common switch-in to Snorlax. I would not recommend Psychic since it has poor type coverage, and Fighting-types will likely KO you before you can even hit them with a Psychic (and your Special Attack is so weak that they will likely survive even if you do manage to hit them). Shadow Ball might be a good choice to hit those Ghost-types.

Thunderbolt could do something to Gyarados, although I wouldn't count on a OHKO. Ice Beam could do something to Salamence and Gliscor.

Take your pick. And once more, I will warn you that this Snorlax is likely to fall flat on its face. All power to you for wanting to try something unorthodox, but this is just a little too outside of the box for my liking, and borders on foolishness in my opinion.

Mmm... what you just said now is prolly more what she would have said. She knows my habits when it comes to training my pokes and she also knows when i have an idea, next to nothing can change it x3

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Mmm... what you just said now is prolly more what she would have said. She knows my habits when it comes to training my pokes and she also knows when i have an idea, next to nothing can change it x3

Frankly my dear, your pokemon training habits don't particularly concern us.

zm_

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball / Toxic / Ice Beam

This is going to be a UU spinner. I am wondering what move should go in the last slot. I am leaning towards Shadow Ball right now to hit Hypno or Grumpig who would otherwise try and switch in as well as those damn ghosts who want to block my rapid spin. I am also considering putting Rest and Sleep Talk over the last two slots to turn Claydol into a rest-talker. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cole

Electric User
Frankly my dear, your pokemon training habits don't particularly concern us.

But knowing how a person trains or what types of styles they like is the biggest key to helping them. =\

If teachers thought the way you do a lot of people wouldn't be getting the help they needed to learn.

Think outside of your own safety box.

Rad3n

Banned
But knowing how a person trains or what types of styles they like is the biggest key to helping them. =\

If teachers thought the way you do a lot of people wouldn't be getting the help they needed to learn.

I agree with your point but that is definitely the worst Snorlax I've ever seen. You can be inventive and out of the box but those moves and ideas plain suck.

Cole

Electric User
I agree with your point but that is definitely the worst Snorlax I've ever seen. You can be inventive and out of the box but those moves and ideas plain suck.

I'll try it even still x3

we did mix it up a lil though. Atking with Fire Blast is a really good idea...

Femme and I are actually online chatting about Snorlax right now and I just thought up something else I want to try XD

Snorlax
Careful
Immunity
Block/Fire Blast/Punch
Yawn
Giga Impact
Curse

It'd work even better if you could set up Block or Mean Look and Pass to Lax though. XD; You'd bascailly Impact after Yawn Setup, so when they hit the first sleep turn you get a free recharge =3

Rad3n

Banned
Giga Impacts sucks. Curse and one attacking move sucks. It sucks =[.

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW

You can do that and still not have a horrible moveset though. Your thinking-outside-the-box-set wasn't all that great, I'm sorry. I'll be the first person to say that you shouldn't lean on the standard sets and Smogon like a crutch, but that doesn't give license to get all snippy when people tell you your moveset sucks.

SethVirgo

Ha ha! I get it now!
Hey, I've finally had some time to finish breeding half of my competetive party, since the first set did not have particularly great EVs/IVs. So I went out, thought about which Pokemon I would like to use, and how to EV train them, what roles they will palt in the party, and which moves they need to know.

I would like to use:
Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly
-Flamethrower/Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
-Stone Edge
252 ATK, with a speed stat at 270 to outrun Jolly Heracross, with leftover EVs in HP or SATK

Metagross @ Choice Scarf [lol]/Lum Berry/Choice Band
Adamant
-Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch
-Ice Punch
-EQ
-Aerial Ace
252 ATK, with a speed stat at 220 to outrun neutral Magnezone, with remaining EVs in HP

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed/Impish
-EQ
-Waterfall
-Stealth Rock
-Avalanche/Stone Edge
252 HP, 6 ATK, 252 DEF, but open to other EV spreads

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Rash
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Wish/Grass Knot
252 HP, 172 SATK, 84 SDEF
6 HP, 252 ATK, 252 Speed, with enought speed to outrun Jolly Heracross, the rest goes into HP

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Hasty/Timid
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-T-bolt
-Psychic/Recover
6 HP, 252 SATK, 252 Speed

Kingdra @ Haban Berry/White Herb
Modest
-Ice Beam
-Waterfall
-Draco Meteor
-Rain Dance
172 HP, 84 DEF, 252 SATK

I'm willing to switch out my Salamence with a Dragonite with a similar EV spread, since Dragonite learns DD on its own, and I'm not in the mood to breed for a good nature/IV DD Salamence right now.
So, up for grabs:

Dragonite @ Choice Band/Yache Berry
Jolly/Adamant
-Outrage
-Thunder Punch/Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Focus Punch/EQ

Right now I have a bunch of level 1, just hatched Pokemon [18]. Before I begin to assemble my team, I would greatly appreciate anyone kind enough to IV Battle, so I can do the obvious IV check and EV train accordingly. Just send me a message if you're down with that, k? Thnx in advance!

Friend Code:
0259 3410 9993

Last edited:

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
Who says 'Ape can't be used as a bulky critter?

Infernape @ Leftovers
Impish Nature, 252 EVs in Def, 232 in HP, 20 in Atk
- Bulk Up
- Will-o-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Fire Punch/Brick Break

Physical wall 'Ape. The name of the game here is to take advantage of its support movepool in hopes of surviving some non-SE physical hits. Bulk Up and Will-O-Wisp help with defensive survivability while Slack Off helps in general. Your attack move... well, Brick Break will break screens but you get walled by Ghosts. Fire Punch has fewer immunities to worry about, but it doesn't do anything on the support side that WoW doesn't do better and it's an invitation for Heatran to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.