• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Skeleton

What about this?
[IMG139]http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/lucario.png[/IMG139]
Lucario
Adamant Nature@Life Orb
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Bullet Punch/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Don't know what to use for fourth move, please help.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
Pretty Standard looking SDLuke.

Steel doesn't really hit much for SE, so Ice Punch would be your best bet, though Stone Edge is definetely worth considering

Gentleman Skeleton

Pretty Standard looking SDLuke.

Steel doesn't really hit much for SE, so Ice Punch would be your best bet, though Stone Edge is definetely worth considering

The thought process for Bullet Punch would be that it would hit Gengar or Mismagius who would under ordinary circumstances be faster than Lucario. Then again, I see now how a steel attack wouldn't work on it as it would be an open invitation for Gyarados or Salamence to come in and tear Lucario apart.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
That, plus the fact that Luke really won't mind being outrun by either, unless they are carrying either Psychic or HP (Fire), and both are pretty uncommon

That, plus the fact that Luke really won't mind being outrun by either, unless they are carrying either Psychic or HP (Fire), and both are pretty uncommon

umm. WHAT??

Psychics Neutral to Luke, Mismagius runs HP Fighting and Gengar runs Focus Blast, learning type match ups could help :S

just a tad.

I reccomend stone Edge, SD Luke has no way of not being walled, if it runs Stone Edge its walled by gliscor, if it runs Crunch its countered by Zapdos, If it runs ice punch, it beats both of them but fails to Dusknoir.

so ur in trouble either way, the choice has to be made considering all other tema members

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What about this?
[IMG139]http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/lucario.png[/IMG139]
Lucario
Adamant Nature@Life Orb
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Bullet Punch/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Don't know what to use for fourth move, please help.

I have a Jolly Lucario with good IVs that I want to be like this one. What should it's EVs be since it's Jolly?

cloudk

hates you.
I have a Jolly Lucario with good IVs that I want to be like this one. What should it's EVs be since it's Jolly?

Well i can't really work with unknown speeds ivs, but assuming you have 31 speed ivs..

A beneficial speed nature luke with 252 evs outspeeds zapdos,celebi,flygon,salamence and jirachi assuming that bunch has a neutral nature and 252 speed evs(299 speed). Since that whole bunch of pokes are at 299 speed, putting luke's speed at 300 should suffice. Garchomp can outspeed you at 303 speed, but it's a uber now =D

Assuming luke has jolly, 31 ivs in speed, 228 evs have to go into speed to have 300 speed. Then on, im guessing pumping 252 in att to hit harder and pour the remaining into S.att and give luke extremespeed/SD/CC/HP ice so that gliscor dosen't walls it that much.

It'd be more accuracte if you can give me your speed ivs though =O

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
It'd be more accuracte if you can give me your speed ivs though =O

It's speed IV is 31. And I was going to give it Ice Punch over HP Ice since it's for in-game. Give me a few minutes and I'll check what HP it has.

EDIT: It's HP is ground 59. Not very good.

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd suffices

SDLuke has no need for an elaborate spread.

Rhys29

Encore
Wondering if this guy works:

Breloom (Poison Heal) ~ Toxic Orb
252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Seed Bomb
Facade
Spore
Wake Up Slap

cloudk

hates you.
Wondering if this guy works:

Breloom (Poison Heal) ~ Toxic Orb
252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 Hp 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Seed Bomb
Facade focus punch/mach punch
Spore
Wake Up Slap protect/focus punch/mach punch/subsitute/stun spore

The evs maximize attack,outspeeds min speed adamant tyrannitar and the remaining evs are put into hp for some bulk.

Breloom works better as a cripler rather than a physical threat since it isn't fast nor is it really bulky. Facade simply offers too little coverage and as a crippler, wouldn't really be useful. Focus punch or mach punch for your fighting type STAB can come in here. Wake Up Slap is a no-go. More often than not your opponent would switch out after they get spored, and WUS would do pathetic damage if the opponent switches.

Even if the opponent dosen't switch, WUS is still weak, compared to focus punch. For WUS to be used to its fullest potential, spore must be used. So you'll need 2 turns to do an attack with 120 base power, not factoring STAB.
Focus punch on the other hand, only require 1 turn and has a 150 base power, not factoring STAB too. The only downside to focus punch is that you can't get hit while charging. But that's not a problem when your opponent
is asleep. Subsitute and protect allows you to activate poison heal without taking a hit if you're against slower opponents. Stun Spore can be used for double power too.

Rhys29

Encore
Ah, thanks. I always thought there was a better substitute for WUS. And MP would be good idea to wipe Sneasels out in one shot... should I even consider putting in Stone Edge?

cloudk

hates you.
Ah, thanks. I always thought there was a better substitute for WUS. And MP would be good idea to wipe Sneasels out in one shot... should I even consider putting in Stone Edge?

You could if you want to, but i wouldn't recommend it. And yes, MP OHKOs weaviles and does 70%ish to most tyrannitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.