• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates v. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Old one was way too cluttered. It was getting absolutely ridiculous. LETS START AGAIN + make it not crap. ^_^

This thread is very self-explanatory: instead of posting a thread just for one or two movesets, which will be most likely infracted and definitely closed, ask for help here. However, do not post standard and/or Smogon sets, or anything too common -- it defeats the purpose of the thread. DO THESE STEPS before posting:

01. Check Smogon

You can find the analysis for each Pokémon by typing this: http://smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

e.g. http://smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ampharos/

Check your sets aren't there already. Also, check the Smogon Platinum Updates to make sure the sets aren't posted there before being uploaded to the site.

02. Search button

Just type in two quick keywords or something, e.g. 'agility rhyperior', to make sure no one has already posted your set. It greatly reduces work for both us AND you.

Thank you~

Reno

so adorable...
Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 216 HP/136 Def/156 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost
- Will-o-wisp

Mainly posting because of the EVs. The Speed EVs are perfect, but the others are buggered up.

Moltres is so underrated. It counters three massive threats in the OU metagame: Scizor, Heatran and Lucario.

If someone can help make the EVs as good as they can be, I would be greatful.

Reno

so adorable...
Only Speed, which needs to be 280.

Max HP gives max Leftovers, so I could do that and then leave the rest in Defence...

It's good we got a new one ^^.
Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Bold (+Def/-Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 Sp. Def
- Thunder Wave/ Toxic
- Yawn
- Encore
- Torment

My annoyer. First use yawn. On the switch, I can use torment, and then use encore the next turn, this will lock them into Struggle (if I'm right). If they don't realise that will happen, I can status them. If they status and switch, I paralyse THAT poke'. I'm not sure if I should have toxic for walls, or thunder wave for sweepers.

Lickilicky @ Focus Sash
Nature: Impish (+Def/ -Sp Atk)
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 10 Sp Def
- Substitute
- Explosion
- EQ
- Swords Dance

Not so sure about the Lickilicky, I want to put Trick Room on somewhere, probably because I'm paranoid. The basic idea is: throw up a sub, and SD behind it. When I've done at least one, I'll use EQ to kill stuff. When I have used up 4 subs, I'll fall back on Focus Sash and explode for a sacrifice kill.
I'm thinking of maybe using Belly Drum over SD, because I'm probably gonna use up 50% of my HP ANYWAY to make more subs to hide behind.

cloudk

hates you.
It's good we got a new one ^^.
Slowking @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def/-Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 Sp. Def
- Thunder Wave/ Toxic
- Yawn
- Encore
- Torment

My annoyer. First use yawn. On the switch, I can use torment, and then use encore the next turn, this will lock them into Struggle (if I'm right). If they don't realise that will happen, I can status them. If they status and switch, I paralyse THAT poke'. I'm not sure if I should have toxic for walls, or thunder wave for sweepers.

Lickilicky @ Focus Sash
Nature: Impish (+Def/ -Sp Atk)
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 10 Sp Def
- Substitute
- Explosion
- EQ
- Swords Dance

Not so sure about the Lickilicky, I want to put Trick Room on somewhere, probably because I'm paranoid. The basic idea is: throw up a sub, and SD behind it. When I've done at least one, I'll use EQ to kill stuff. When I have used up 4 subs, I'll fall back on Focus Sash and explode for a sacrifice kill.
I'm thinking of maybe using Belly Drum over SD, because I'm probably gonna use up 50% of my HP ANYWAY to make more subs to hide behind.

For the slowking set, i was wondering what you could do after you've done your stuff. I mean, sure, the suprise factor is there and you'll get at least one pokemon crippled, but king won't be able to do much after the suprise is gone, right? After they know your moves, they just gotta switch in the thing that you crippled to absorb yawn and T-wave/toxic. IMO, the set works, even when they know whatcha gonna do, just that you require prediction skills(and some luck).

You can't fall back on Focus Sash-as long as you've taken one point of damage, Focus Sash wouldn't work anymore. I don't really see the "unique-ness" of this set, as it's basically a SDluke with explosion. Im also guessing you'll need return as a generic STAB move over subsitute too, since licky is slightly bulky.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Okay this is just for fun. This is a physical attacking Espy:
Espeon@Life Orb​
Jolly EV:252Atk/Spe​
1: Zen Headbutt​
2: Curse​
3: Bite​
4: Reflect​
Okay a little ridculous but it does work if you can get the Wish off first followed by Curse. The only problem is when you run into something that can take out Espy in one or 2 hits. If 3 then you're good because with reflect up it takes half damage from all physical attacks. After one Curse it takes only 1/3 of physical damage. So it works but struggles somtimes any help would be appreciated. (EDIT) This Espy is only used with Wish support.​

It's far too easily walled by all steel and dark types. Also there's no point in using a +Spd Nature and Max Evs if you're going to decrease your speed with Curse, Wish support doesn't mean much either if it has to switch out (losing it's boosts) to get it.

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
You're right what about this: Espeon@Liechi Berry
Brave EV:252Atk/SpAtk
1: Zen Headbutt
2: Bite
3: Psych Up
4: Substitute
Zen Headbutt for STAB, Iron Tail for power(albeit unreliable), Psych Up allows me to copy my partners stat changes, and HP(FIRE) to take care of my Steel problem. this is for 2vs2 battles.​
Scizor@Leftovers
Timid EV:252Atk/188Def/70HP
1: Brick Break
2: Swords Dance
3: Bullet Punch
4: Baton Pass
This is Espy's helper. Brick Break for those pesky darks, Swords Dance to help Espy and his own abilities. Bullet Punch+Technician+STAB=PAIN. Baton Pass is to give his boost to my other physical sweepers on a team.​
Is this any better? Oh and this was always to be for 2vs2 battles.

Last edited:

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
Iron Tail is a horrendous attack. You were better off with Bite, which would work well with Scizor taking care of Darks and Steels with Brick Break.

TimeBandit08

Edward the Head
Battle Stage Single

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Timid, 252 Spd, 252 SpAtk, 4HP
Pysich
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
Thanks for the advice UltimoVenusaur. I cant find anything wrong with that Alakazam right now maybe try a screen as Zam does'nt last very long other wise.

chibiipompom

Yay! I'm on first page
anyway heres my SpcesPert

Swampert @ Choice Specs
Torrent
Modest 252SpA 252HP 4 Def
~Surf
~Focus Blast
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power {Electric}

Seeing as I dont have Platinum, i didnt even look at Swamps new moves so yer... with these attacks only Shedinja resists and their the best Sp. Attacks i could fins so yeah rate it

I posted this a couple times on the old thread, only to have it overlooked every time. xD So, I'm trying ONCE MORE. Darn I'm ambitious. :p

;472;
Gliscor
Careful @ Leftovers
252 HP / 126 SpD / 63 Atk / 63 Def
-Roost
-X - Scissor
-EQ/Ice Fang/Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock

It's...sort of a remake of the Smogon Tank Gliscor. I made it to pretty much deal with what I have faced in my Ground Gym, and it works pretty well. Stealth Rock to set up, Roost for recovery, X - Scissor then one of the three for offensive. The EVs are set up for max HP and better Sp. Defense to stand up to ice moves just a bit more than it already does, then the added attack and defense. I've found this set to work in about...eh, 7-8 out of 10 cases.

Personally, I love this set, but I'd love some opinions on how to improve it. Any recommendations are welcome.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
What does X-Scissor really do? Hits Grass, Psychic and Dark. Common Grasses mainly carry HP [Ice] and will kill you, Psychics will murder your low SDef and common darks are Houndoom, Tyranitar and Tomb, two of which are resistant to Bug and the other is weak to Ground anyway.

TimeBandit08

Edward the Head
Thanks for the advice UltimoVenusaur. I cant find anything wrong with that Alakazam right now maybe try a screen as Zam does'nt last very long other wise.

Going for the kill or be killed strategy

What does X-Scissor really do? Hits Grass, Psychic and Dark. Common Grasses mainly carry HP [Ice] and will kill you, Psychics will murder your low SDef and common darks are Houndoom, Tyranitar and Tomb, two of which are resistant to Bug and the other is weak to Ground anyway.

Well, lately I haven't been able to take down much with it at all. It's on a gym team for a league, and the league's rules are pretty open, so it can face pretty much anything that isn't in the Uber tier. :/ A lot of the players don't EV train, but a few do, and that's where I've had my troubles.

Porygon Z, in almost all of it's sets, has been one of my major hastles, but I've been able to take down most Psych's that come my way. Tomb is another problem I've been trying to deal with, without much luck at all. :/ What major tweaks would you make to this set? I'd like to try and beef up it's S. Def more, so I was thinking of just pumping the regular Def. EVs I have set up into S. Def, but I'm not really sure on that.

Rhys29

Encore
Battle Stage Single

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Timid, 252 Spd, 252 SpAtk, 4HP
Pysich
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

I prefer Energy Ball over Grass Knot simply for the lighter enemies.

Chibiipompom: It might be smart to invest one of your moves with Mirror Coat, since that's Swampert's main weakness and it has lots of HP.

Reno

so adorable...
Most of the OU metagame is heavy, so Grass Knot does more damage on most things.

Mirror Coat on a Choice user does not work.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
as far as Alakazam goes, though, his beast Special Attack would be enough. In his situation either move is fine (IMO) I'd go with Grass Knot though.

Reno

so adorable...
Yes, either Energy Ball or Grass Knot works. It is down to preference, although Grass Knot is a lot more viable for the OU metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.