• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates v. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
Your Lucario is not that powerfull when 3 of its attacks are fighting types.
There's a mixed set (baton passed, of course) that kills entire teams alone:

Lucario@Life Orb
Mild
[Inner Focus]
EV's: 148 spatk, 168 atk, 100 hp, 94 speed
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Ice)

This set is a lot better than yours because it doesn't have 3 fighting attacks (LoL xD)

if you put that much atk EVs make HP [Ice] Ice Punch (platinum tutor)

Your Lucario is not that powerfull when 3 of its attacks are fighting types.
There's a mixed set (baton passed, of course) that kills entire teams alone:

Lucario@Life Orb
Mild
[Inner Focus]
EV's: 148 spatk, 168 atk, 100 hp, 94 speed
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Ice)

This set is a lot better than yours because it doesn't have 3 fighting attacks (LoL xD)

Ok, I see your point about the 3 fighting attacks, but I won't add Bullet Punch, this Lucario is supposed to sweep from the special side of the damage spectrum. I added Close Combat to OHKO Blissey, that would otherwise wall this set. I maybe add it over Vaccum Wave to have priority. Hidden Power Ice isn't the best choice IMO, Dragon Pulse would be a superior option to hit Kingdra for SE damage, it also has higher BP than Hidden Power anyways. Oh, and dude 94 isn't divisible by 4 =/.

Rhys29

Encore
Umbreon@Leftovers
Impish (+ defense, - sp. attack)
252 HP, 124 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense, 6 Speed
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Toxic

Umbreon is going to be my trapper. Originally I was planning on leading with him, but many since leads carry Taunt, and I have no attacks, that wouldn't work out too great for me. Not to mention U-turn is pretty common along leads. So I'm thinking about replacing Taunt with Payback, but I'm still unsure whether I should to or not; Taunt is useful.
Find my Umbreaker set or PM me about it as it traps like a monster.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Mild nature
EVs: 176 HP/ 80 Atk/ 252 Sp.A
- Close Combat
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Vaccum Wave

This set it's to be used with an Agility Baton Passed to Lucario. After an Agility Lucario boasts 432 Spe, out-speeding... well a lot ( I can write what it out-speeds exactly, but most experienced players will most probably know ). With the given EVs Lucario OHKOs Blissey every time, since it doesn't need any Spe EVs I obviously add 252 Sp.A, and the rest went to HP. With these attacks Lucario has perfect coverage, hitting for at least neutral everything in the game. Vaccum Wave is there, well to give priority against other priority users, since I already have perfect coverage.

Reposting 'cuz I want rates. I was considering using Dragon Pulse over Vaccum Wave so I don't have 3 fighting attacks, also I'll hit all dragons for SE damage, something Hidden Power Ice couldn't do.

Rhys29

Encore
Reposting 'cuz I want rates. I was considering using Dragon Pulse over Vaccum Wave so I don't have 3 fighting attacks, also I'll hit all dragons for SE damage, something Hidden Power Ice couldn't do.

No point investing in Hp with an LO equipped. You should always invest in speed as you can never garauntee a baton pass. Dragon Pulse would be a better option over Aura Sphere as you need a priority attack.

No point investing in Hp with an LO equipped. You should always invest in speed as you can never garauntee a baton pass. Dragon Pulse would be a better option over Aura Sphere as you need a priority attack.

So what spread should I use, 80 Atk/ 252 Sp.A/ 176 Spe? That outspeeds neutral base 80s, OHKOs Blissey with Close Combat, I think that it gets minimum LO recoil, and well has max attack. Also thanks for rating it ^_^

Rhys29

Encore
That set would work a little better. But running 80 Att, 244 Sp.A, 184 Spe would be better as you also outrun max Spe Adamant Gyarados for a very small investment.

I'm making another team. I'm having a little trouble on Luxray. What should I pick? Superpower or Return?

Luxray@Choice Band
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk/216 Spd/40 HP
Attacks:
Spark
Crunch
Ice Fang
Superpower/Return

I have Platinum, btw.

Suggestions will be grateful.

~OL

That is an easy question: don't use Luxray.

What if he's going to use it for UU? I agree that Luxray sucks but he likes it so to answer the question, use Superpower>Return.

Ok. I'll try this.

Electivire@Expert Belt
Lonely nature
EVs: 252 Atk/216 Spd/40 Sp. Atk?
Attacks:
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Flamethrower

EDIT: I'm thinking that Superpower is better too.

Last edited:

Emperuto

Beware seawaves!!
If you are going to use Lonely change Thunderpunch for Thunderbolt to hit harder Skarmory and the likes.
I've never heard of Superpower Electivire, but it may work....or not because the attack and defense drop.

No, I'm talking about Luxray using Superpower, lol. Not Electivire.

So, I'll do this then:
Electivire@Expert Belt
Lonely nature
EVs: 216 Atk/90 Sp. Atk/204 Spd
Attacks:
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Flamethrower

Need help with both EV's and Moves.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
If you want a Mixed Lucario EV spread then use:

Naive Nature: 68 Atk/ 212 S.Atk/ 228 Spd

Allows you to outspeed Adamant Max Speed Salamence and can OHKO some Blissey with ease.

No, I'm talking about Luxray using Superpower, lol. Not Electivire.

So, I'll do this then:
Electivire@Expert Belt
Lonely nature
EVs: 216 Atk/90 Sp. Atk/204 Spd
Attacks:
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch/Hidden Power(Ice)
Flamethrower

Need help with both EV's and Moves.
I have changed it to either Hidden Power(Ice) or Ice Punch.

Suggestions will be grateful.

Why are you using so many Atk EVs? You only need EVs enough to OHKO Blissey and/ or Snorlax.

I'll make some calcs to tell you a good spread in a min. I'll edit.

Edit: Crap, Vire can't OHKO Blissey, not even maxing it's attack with a boosting nature, wich sucks.

So use this spread, 32 Atk/ 252 Sp.A/ 220 Spe
That outspeeds neutral base 90s like Lucario, Porygon Z, and Roserade. It 2HKOs Blissey and has minimum Life Orb recoil.

Last edited:

GerbilGuy

Goodbye, Serebii
does this EVs preferd on 220 Atk / 242 Speed / 46 SpA ScarfGon which supposed to counter ScarfTran?:
176 Atk / 242 Speed / 92 SpA
IVs: 21/31/31/25/27/14
Still allows me to do this:
outruns max speed heatran+scarf and OHKOs with one EQ.
OHKOs any -SpD nature Salamence with Draco Meteor.
87.18%% to OHKO a Neutral nature Salamence with Draco Meteor
66.67% to OHKO -SpD nature Dragonite (checked it with 4 HP EVs).
2.56% to OHKO with Draco Meteor Neutral nature Dragonite.
3HKOs, even 2HKOs Support Dragonite with Draco Meteor (52.99% - 62.34%).
2HKOs Specially Bulky Salamence with Draco Meteor (73.85% - 86.67%).
OHKOs max HP / 0 SpD Scizor with Fire Blast.
33.33% to OHKO max HP / 176 SpD Scizor.
didn't checked other types of Scizors.
Rates?

Rhys29

Encore
Flygon's Draco Meteor cannot be compared to Salamence's. That being said, you should be more focused on making Fire Blast OHKO Skarmory and Outrage or U-Turn kill everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.