• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamantursaring

Should i use Flash Cannon>S-toss?

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
yo all wanna see my special poke?

kecleon@leftcovers
relaxed nature
252 hp 150 defense 102 specialdefence
attacks:
sub
toxic
attract
aerial ace
(this whole thing made by me zandgaia ;p)

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
Should i use Flash Cannon>S-toss?

No. Flash Cannon has redundant coverage for Luke's other STAB-boosted attack type. You should round out your moveset either for more SE coverage (Dragon/Fighting, or DracoFist as I like to call it, hits every possible attack combination for neutral damage except the theoretical Steel/Ghost). If you're worried about Fighting-types absorbing an attack and putting you out with CC, go with Psychic. If you want to hit Blissey harder, you could pick a -Def nature instead of Modest or Timid (both -Atk) and use Close Combat. Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball or even Metal Sound are options too.

But Flash Cannon's a big fat no.

yogee30

I was thinking about adding a competitive milotic to my party, ev trained and all.

I was just wondering:

* What moves i should teach it?
* does it matter if it is a boy or girl?
* what is the best nature for it?
* what should i ev train it for? speed and attack?

Thanks for your help

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
* What moves i should teach it?

That depends on what kind of role you want it to play, but Milotic plays more of a special tank/wall/defensive critter role on most teams, so moves like Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Rest, Sleep Talk, Mirror Coat and the like are common on it.

* does it matter if it is a boy or girl?

Nope

* what is the best nature for it?

Once again, it depends on the role, but any one that increases SpAtk is a good start.

* what should i ev train it for? speed and attack?

Once again, depends on the role, but Milotic almost never needs Speed or Attack EVs.

torchic_lover

dd+dragonite=pwnage

dance like a dragon?
Jolteon Lead

I was thinking of a joltean lead basically just to pass around subs? Seen it alot and it always seems to work.

;135;@ ???/leftys?
max speed/ sp atck/ hp?
-baton pass
-substitute
-tbolt
-s ball/hp ??

and would gengar be good as a sub/hpnosis/dream eater/nightmare staller?

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
I was thinking of a joltean lead basically just to pass around subs? Seen it alot and it always seems to work.

;135;@ ???/leftys?
max speed/ sp atck/ hp?
-baton pass
-substitute
-tbolt
-s ball/hp ??

and would gengar be good as a sub/hpnosis/dream eater/nightmare staller?

give it leftovers or Petaya Berry.

for the EV's just give it 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. Jolteon is way too weak for its substitutes to survive unless you give it alot oh HP EV's with SpD EV's. However, doin so will either make jolteon much weaker and/or slower, so just go for that EV spread.

for the moveset, you got it pretty much spot on.

Hidden Power [ICE or GRASS] is prefered over Shadow Ball. When Garchomp was OU, HP [ICE] was the obvious choice, but now its gone Uber, Grass is a great option so you can beat Swampert.

HP [ICE] will allow you to hit more as you will be able to hit Grass types which resist electric and also salamence, dragonite and Gliscor.

If you can counter grass types, salamence and gliscor, but really struggle with swampert, go for HP Grass. If you find swampert no problem, go for ICE.

Seviper

Could anyone help me with Bibarel? (Yes BIbarel!)
;400; (Shiny) @ Leftovers (?)
Quiet
252 HP/ ???
Ability: Simple
Curse
Amnesia
Aqua Tail/ Waterfall
Return/ Super Fang

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Could anyone help me with Bibarel? (Yes BIbarel!)
;400; (Shiny) @ Leftovers (?)
Quiet
252 HP/ ???
Ability: Simple
Curse
Amnesia
Aqua Tail/ Waterfall
Return/ Super Fang

Might as well go with super hax and use Charge Beam, especially since your nature is +Sp. Atk. Ice Beam goes well with Charge Beam in terms of coverage, and Bibarel got Icy Wind with the advent of Platinum if you want to use that. Yawn and Rest are two more options to help it stay alive.

Platinum also gave Bibarel Curse, which is amazing in my opinion. Curse/Waterfall/Return/Amnesia could work, in theory. Switch in against a slow special-based Pokemon, use Amnesia twice, then launch into the Curses. Return and Waterfall hit every Pokemon for at least neutral damage except for Empoleon and Shedinja, both of which are not overly common in the standard environment (and Shedinja is rarely used in UU due to Stealth Rock if you want to use this guy there).

I have a shiny Bidoof but it has Unaware and is Docile. ):

zandgaia said:
kecleon@leftcovers
relaxed nature
252 hp 150 defense 102 specialdefence
attacks:
sub
toxic
attract
aerial ace
(this whole thing made by me zandgaia ;p)

Fake Out/Sucker Punch/Brick Break/[Return/Magic Coat/Thunder Wave] with Adamant nature is a better set in my opinion. Kecleon's Subs won't last long, Attract is highly situational, and... well, currently you're walled by Steel-types and any Poison-type that can take a weak Aerial Ace such as Muk/Weezing/Nidoqueen/Crobat etc. Basically all of them.

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
Hey, can someone lemme know how my Gliscor is?

Gliscor@Life Orb
Jolly
120hp/200atk/188speed
-Swords Dance
-Ice Fang
-Roost
-Earthquake

DeM0NaRUt0

Never Alone
Pikachu@Light Ball
Bashful nature
Ability: Static
HP/203 Atk/ 127 Def/89 Sp. Atk/119 Sp. Def/104 Spd/190
-Volt tackle
-Extreme Speed
-Shock Wave
-Thunder

Last edited:

Connor™

Showstopper
Pikachu@Light Ball
Bashful nature
Ability: Static
HP/203 Atk/ 127 Def/89 Sp. Atk/119 Sp. Def/104 Spd/190
-Volt tackle
-Extreme Speed
-Shock Wave
-Thunder

more than 1 move of any type is redundant on any pokemon (like your pikachu having 3 electric moves).
try: brick break, grass knot, volt tackle and substitute.
also you need to post your ev's.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
And under no circumstances does Pikachu learn Extremespeed. Perhaps you meant Quick Attack?

randomspot555

Is Volt Tackle really a good option? I've never used Pikachu, but my understanding was that it really can't handle the recoil.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Killer Qwilfish

What do you think of my Qwilfish? He's been making quite a "splash" in UU, lol.

;211;Qwilfish @ Leftovers/Leichi Berry
252 Atk/226 Spd/34 HP
Swift Swim
Jolly
-Spikes
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Natural Gift/Destiny Bond

Last edited:

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
What do you think of my Qwilfish? He's been making quite a "splash" in UU, lol.

;211;Qwilfish @ Leftovers/Leichi Berry
252 Atk/226 Spd/34 HP
Swift Swim
Jolly
-Spikes
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Natural Gift/Destiny Bond

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe --> Spiker set needs more survivability
Swift Swim
Jolly
-Spikes
-Waterfall
-Poison Jab
-Destiny Bond

Mysterous64

The Black Knight
I am raising this articuno what do you think?
Articuno@life orb
Modest
254 Sp atk EVS 254 Speed EV 4HP
Sheer cold
mind reader
air slash
ice beam

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
I am raising this articuno what do you think?
Articuno@life orb
Modest
254 Sp atk EVS 254 Speed EV 4HP
Sheer cold
mind reader
air slash
ice beam

1. OHKO moves are usually banned from competitive play.

2. Your EVs are messed up: 254 + 254 +4 = 512 ~ Max is 510

3. Articuno, unlike its "brothers" Moltres and Zapdos(to an extent), functions much better as a wall than a pure sweeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.