• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Single Rates V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadarac

Okay i need some more help with this.
blaziken
adament
chioce scarf
sky uppercut
flareblitz
for the last two
stone edge/earth quake/brave bird.

what two should i have?

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Is this a good enough togepi for a standard paraylis-flinch stall togekiss: 31/4/23/23/21/12?

otherside

Some guy
Okay i need some more help with this.
blaziken
adament
chioce scarf
sky uppercut
flareblitz
for the last two
stone edge/earth quake/brave bird.

what two should i have?

Stone Edge and EQ. Things that Brave Bird will hit for Super Effective should take an equally hard hit from a STAB (hopefully) Super Effective Blaze Kick.

--

Is this a good enough togepi for a standard paraylis-flinch stall togekiss: 31/4/23/23/21/12?

Nature?
I generally breed until Speed and the required attack stat is 31, or at least 3 useful ones if its a defensive poge. I'd breed that one for perfect speed at least. It might make the difference when you're up against a Gallade or Medicham (or some other base 80 poge) and have to outspeed it to land a ThunderWave.
31 Sp Atk and 25+ in HP and both defences is preferable.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Gyrados@lifeorb
Bold with max attk/speed evs
DD
icefang
aqua tail
EQ

BOLD STAYS, as its shiney, but is the moveset good?

tmhizzy

Travelling Trainer
Your Gyarados has a good moveset but consider waterfall over aqua tail chance of flinch plus better accuracy.

seadra147

THIS IS PING!!
Surprise?

Ursaring @ Choice specs
Quick feet/guts
Rash (+ SA, - SD)
6 HP, 252 SA, 252 Spd
-Shadow Ball
-Return
-Focus Blast
-HP fire

Without Specs, Ursarings SA is quite useless, and even then, he needs to set up by other pokes Nasty Plot baton passing (like Ambipom). After that, He's ready to sweep. Shadow ball is for ghosts that are immune to Return and focus blast. Return is for Pokes like bliss (read, Low def). HP fire is to decimate steel-types that are strong against the other 3 moves (like skarm). Quick feet/guts is a failsafe for dusknoir (will-o-wisp).
Super effective on-Normal, ice(2), rock, steel(2), dark, grass, bug, psychic, ghost
Not very effective on-Fire, water, dragon, poison, flying
Immune-N/A

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Ursaring @ Choice specs
Quick feet/guts
Rash (+ SA, - SD)
6 HP, 252 SA, 252 Spd
-Shadow Ball
-Return
-Focus Blast
-HP fire

Without Specs, Ursarings SA is quite useless, and even then, he needs to set up by other pokes Nasty Plot baton passing (like Ambipom). After that, He's ready to sweep. Shadow ball is for ghosts that are immune to Return and focus blast. Return is for Pokes like bliss (read, Low def). HP fire is to decimate steel-types that are strong against the other 3 moves (like skarm). Quick feet/guts is a failsafe for dusknoir (will-o-wisp).
Super effective on-Normal, ice(2), rock, steel(2), dark, grass, bug, psychic, ghost
Not very effective on-Fire, water, dragon, poison, flying
Immune-N/A

if your going to use a ursaring make use of its monsterous base 130 attk

ursaring@burn/toxic orb GUTS
Jolly/adamant, max attk/speed evs
swords dance
facade
EQ
night slash

swords dance the first turn seing as how your stab is only 70, you get status and it increasing facade to base 140, and increasing your already doubled attk by 1.5. eq and night slash hurts what ever resists facade. this is sorta the average stratagy on a usaring.
special attacks are sorta pointless on a ursaring.

seadra147

THIS IS PING!!
All I desired was a surprise factor; that's why I mentioned "setting up" with Nasty plot. And it is standard, plus it's slow. Oh well, I still admire its sweeping capabilities. to make up for sluggishness, that's why I wanted Quick feet. A sweeper is usually fast, and ursaring is excessively slow, another reason I wanted to set up with Ambipom.

Arwen

~Immortal~
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk./252 Spd./6 HP
Modest Nature
Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis/Destiny Bond
-Focus Blast

I'll use Gengar as a Starter, Choice Scarf to compensate for Modest nature and to make sure it attacks first due to low defense stat.
I'd like to see your opinions on this Gengar, as well as which move you'd suggest for the 3rd move. =]

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
if your going to use a ursaring make use of its monsterous base 130 attk

ursaring@burn/toxic orb GUTS
Jolly/adamant, max attk/speed evs
swords dance
facade
EQ
night slash

swords dance the first turn seing as how your stab is only 70, you get status and it increasing facade to base 140, and increasing your already doubled attk by 1.5. eq and night slash hurts what ever resists facade. this is sorta the average stratagy on a usaring.
special attacks are sorta pointless on a ursaring.

Yeah, let's just completely scrap his idea and post the standard set. That works.

Ursaring @ Choice specs
Quick feet/guts
Rash (+ SA, - SD)
6 HP, 252 SA, 252 Spd
-Shadow Ball
-Return
-Focus Blast
-HP fire

To be honest, it probably hits Skarmory and co harder with a Choice Banded physical attack. Wait, I just looked at its special attack and saw that is was actually respectable.

Ursaring @ Life Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 8 HP/248 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Focus Blast
- Fake Tears
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

Works I suppose. Fake Tears probably helps more than Choice Specs.

Mega Typhlosion

I had this idea for a Tangrowth:

Tangrowth(@Heat Rock)
Sunny Day
EQ
Synthesis
Sleep Powder

First induce sleep, then provide Sunny Day support for the team, then either EQ or switch out.

I chose EQ over Power Whip or Solarbeam because I already have other Grass-types with Solarbeam in my team.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Back on to my paralysis-flinch serene grace calm standard togekiss.....I now have two togepis i could possibly use:

31/4/23/23/21/12

or

31/13/8/28/9/31

on the first one, the only thing i have a problem with is speed, which im not sure if it is going to matter anyway.

The second one is top in hp spd and great in sp. atk, but its defenses are low and I wouldnt really care but it is based on being a special wall slightly right?

Some Feedback please :) thanks!!!

Last edited:

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Sure I could....lol but I need a Paralysis-Flinch Stall Togekiss

Flannery

Fire PkMn Trainer
Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 6 Sp.Def
Moves:
-Toxic
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss

Does this Blissey make sense to you?
I'm hesitating about the EV spread as well as the nature itself. The Moves are fine to me, though.
I could change the nature to Calm and just switch the Defense IVs to Sp.Def IVs. What do you think?

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
^^ In today's heavily offensive metagame, a Stall Blissey doesn't work too well anymore. The special attack of many pokemon has exceeded Blissey's ability to wall without using some defense Ev's. Anyways, with Blissey's high Hp, it doesn't matter much how much you invest in it. This is what I would use:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 Def, 136 Sp. Def, 20 Hp, 76 Sp. Atk
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss

This set is pretty much standard, but that doesn't make it bad. The extra special attack allows you get a OHKO on Gliscor after it switches into Stealth Rock, with a minimum of 91% done. Toxic does much better on the switches than Thunderwave, but both are viable options if you're not running Toxic Spikes. If you do run Toxic Spikes on your team, CM Bliss could also work:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 Def, 156 Sp. Atk, 20 Hp, 80 Sp. Def
-Softboiled
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

This eliminates the threat of any special attacker getting around you. By boosting your special attack and special defense. You lose another support move, but Blissey actually gets some offense this way. With Ice Beam, you can OHKO most Gliscor and min/min Salamences.

Pick one depending on your team. If you only have Seismic Toss as an attack, you are walled badly by Gengar and Snorlax to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.