• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive Singles Rate

Reno

so adorable...
Get a single pokemon rated here. Follow the same format as team rates, just with one Pokemon. Once again make sure that you are not posting something that is bog standard or a copy from the analysis.

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- move
- move
- move
- move

*Detailed description of the Pokemon's purpose to the team*

• Here are examples of what is and isn't acceptable:

What's acceptable:

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SDef / 176 Spe
    Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SAtk]

• Iron Head
    • Thunder Wave
    • Fire Punch
    • Stealth Rock

Thunderwave Jirachi, as a lead, has been successful for my team. The purpose of Jirachi is to get Stealth Rocks up, and once that's done, Pokemon such as Gyarados, Dragonite, or DD Babari Berry Tyranitar that switch in to try and set up on my lead are immediately rendered useless thanks to Thunderwave. My game plan is to set up stealth rocks first, and then Thunderwave to scout my opponent's team/cripple any sweeper hoping to use Jirachi as set up bait. With Choice Scarf being popular on lead sets, I decided to take advantage of its popularity, and it has paid off in every game I have been in.

Jirachi has been EVed to top Lucario in speed and use Fire Punch, or at the very least stop him completely with Thunderwave. Sometimes, getting a burn hax via Fire Punch helps, but as I can't KO Lucario with it, I tend to play it safe with T-Wave in most games. Either method is fine as Lucario remains crippled at the end of the day.

What's not ok:

Inferape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Close Combat
    -Fake Out
    -Fire Blast

Standard lead, sets up rocks and breaks sash for my opponent.

Both sets are fine as far as formatting is concerned, but the second set will likely get your post deleted and/or you will get an infraction due to not enough information being given. The first set had a different kind of formatting, but it stuck to the basic template outlined in this post and had a long enough description, telling us what purpose it has on the team etc. That being said, even though you have to follow the template, you can customize how it looks, providing all information is viewable.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingchicken

Deathaura
Well I have this modest-natured Dratini that I want to train. However, it has sucky IV's in HP, Atk, and Def, and good IV's in Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed.
So I want it to be a special sweeper.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/200 Spe/56 HP
Modest nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Agillity

This is the first set I'm considering. I know almost nothing about "this amount of EV's will make so-and-so beat so-and-so", I just know what they are/how to train for them. I figure some HP EV's can't hurt, even with the low IV. Max Sp. Atk, the rest goes into Speed.
Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt provide good coverage. Agility boosts its speed. It has leftovers because it didn't eat all the food yesterday.

Another set:

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Same EV spread, although more might be invested in Speed.
Dragonite has plenty of options for those last 3 move slots: T-bolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Surf, Dragon Pulse, and Focus Blast. I just don't know which ones to choose.

I'm also thinking about more of a Special Defensively based Dragonite, but I haven't made a set on it yet.

I'd really appreciate it if I got some advice on what to do.

Electric

I'm pretty new to competitive battling, so please excuse my noobiness. I'm going to start with Breloom since I need something easy to go with, then I'll move onto other Pokemon.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

Toxic Orb and Poison Heal goes together obviously.

EVs: Ok since I'm new at this, my instinct is to put 252 on 2 stats and 4 on the third stat, but I've seen stuff like "40 HP and 236 Defense" and I don't understand why that happens. Anyways the 252 Attack is to make it be able to KO many Pokemon. 252 Speed is needed so that I can make Spore hit before the opponent. I don't care where the other 4 EVs go, so I just put it to HP.

Nature: I wanted Adamant at first, but then I noticed that Breloom has pretty low Speed, and that's essential for Spore to hit first. I'm still pondering this, but I just can't decide between Adamant and Jolly.

Moves:

Spore is to put the opponent to sleep...

Seed Bomb gives 120 power due to STAB.

Stone Edge counters Fire and Flying types (but they might hit first! So that's why I'm stuck between Adamant and Jolly.)

Drain Punch... well Breloom doesn't have Close Combat so I guess this. With Drain Punch, Breloom can also heal with this and it has 90 power due to STAB. I love STAB.

So yeah... ;286;

3lmi

pimping aint easy
@FlyingChicken

Ice Beam from a Max SpA, Modest Empoleon with LO on a Max SpD, Max HP, Max SpD Calm Dragonite = 99.5% - 117.1%

Which is a OHKO with SR, I think you should keep it as a AgiliNite(First Set).

@Electric (nice name)

It is nice to see new people posting in the CSR, and don't worry there isn't that many jerks here so they will understand you are new. I didn't know alot about EVs too till I took a Tutor Course in it and further studing. People sometimes split the EVs to make sure it survives 2HKO, or 3HKO etc from a Pokemon, to beat other Speed Tiers and other reasons. I'm not to familiar with Brelooms, so can someone else rate him?

I have been playing around with this Floatzel for my RD team(will upload in a day or two).

419.png

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 16 Spe

~ Waterfall
~ Rain Dance
~ Brick Break / Ice Punch
~ Protect

This Floatzel is to kill the most used UU lead, Ambipom. On the first turn I would use Protect (no fake out), then Rain Dance + Watefall. I can't choose between BB and IP, I will still test it further.

Watefall on Lead Ambipom - 54.6% - 64.3%
In Rain - 81.4% - 95.9%

It is not enough for a OHKO even in rain, but with SR damage, I don't think it will be coming out again.

Last edited:

spareux

maldición
dragonite has some handy support moves and resistances that can be utilised in a fun set, though obviously one should be more inclined to focus on its attacking potential.

drain punch on breloom (BRELOOOOOM) is a bit gimmicky. if you want more HP you can go spore/sub/punch/seed, which works a bit like sceptile though obviously breloom has an easier time swapping in. people run it with a lot of HP and defence because it makes it a hell of a lot easier for breloom to actually make good use of its handy resistances, as it has piss poor defences.

Puzzler2

Random Person
Swampert @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Quirky (No effect)
EVs 252hp 152def 100atk

-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam

This is my first real try at making a competetive pokemon. I made this swampert to be good at offence and defence, I maxed out HP first, then split between Atk and Def. Ice beam is for grass types and also dragon types. Earthquake and Waterfall are its main attacking moves, and I threw in substitute for a defensive move, although with Life Orb that damage could add up.

Any advice or critique of this set would be helpful.

spareux

maldición
Substitute + life orb is going to wear away Swampert too quickly to make it of any use whilst it's still going to be countered by the usual suspects.

If you really wanted to try an all attacking pert you'd be better putting something over that substitute. I can't remember off the top of my head all its offensive options but I believe focus punch, hydro pump, hidden power [electric] and hammer arm. And change the nature to Relaxed - natures that give no boosts should never be used.
If you're simply after an offensive pert, you could try a Choice Bander or the Curse variant. Otherwise, just go the standard defensive route, which has handy support options whilst still packing a punch with STAB Earthquake.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Agillity

vs

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Agility set is probably better, as a scarfer would want to be mixed.
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge/Substitute
- Focus Punch
Fix'd in bold.
419.png

Floatzel @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 16 Spe

~ Waterfall
~ Rain Dance
~ Brick Break / Ice Punch
~ Protect
Life Orb Return on your Floatzel: 299 Atk vs 146 Def & 374 HP (102 Base Power): 292 - 345 (78.07% - 92.25%)
Life Orb U-turn on your Floatzel: 299 Atk vs 146 Def & 374 HP (70 Base Power): 134 - 158 (35.83% - 42.25%)

You don't get ko'd, but you take a hell of a lot from Return and even U-turn does quite a lot. Not the best of anti-Ambipom leads methinks.
Swampert @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Quirky (No effect)
EVs 252hp 152def 100atk

-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
If you want a defensive but offensive Swampert, CursePert is probably the way to go.

Swampert @Leftovers
Torrent | Careful | 252 HP/40 Def/216 SpD
~ Curse
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Waterfall

Zorkzedork

Munchlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick fat
EVs: HP/52 Atk/104 Def/200 SpD/152
Nature Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Curse
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Random set for UU really I chose EV's at random...

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
This OU antilead I use very often:

Gallade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP, Jolly (+spe, -spatk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Counter

Shadow Sneak pwns Azelf, Close Combat hits a lot. Ice Punch is for Aerodactyl and Roserade leads. Counter for other antileads.

Munchlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick fat
EVs: HP/52 Atk/104 Def/200 SpD/152
Nature Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Curse
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Random set for UU really I chose EV's at random...
No recovery on something so frail (135/40/80 isn't that good by UU standards) isn't such a good idea. Speaking of being frail, it'll need at least 2-3 Curses under its belt before it even starts to survive physical attacks; whilst it would have a hard time not being 2HKO'd by most STAB special attacks. I'd rather use Miltank any day.
This OU antilead I use very often:

Gallade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP, Jolly (+spe, -spatk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Counter

Shadow Sneak pwns Azelf, Close Combat hits a lot. Ice Punch is for Aerodactyl and Roserade leads. Counter for other antileads.
Hm... Sure it beats the two common Taunt leads, but bulky leads give it hell; Metagross and Swampert in particular. I would consider Taunt on it over Counter so it can at least stop them from setting up Stealth Rock. Or you could replace Ice Punch so you can Taunt then Counter their attack. Seems relatively ok, but not as good as Machamp.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
***For the Raters***

In summary:

1. Before rating, read the entire first post.
  2. Do not post if you have little knowledge of competitive battling.
  3. Do not flame/troll.

1. Before rating, read the entire first post.

You will look silly if you rate or criticise something without first reading the thread creator’s reasoning. While not infractable unless repeatedly done, this will most likely damage your credibility as a rater.

2. If you are not knowledgeable in DPPt Competitive Battling, DO NOT RATE.

The last thing people want when posting a team is bad advice. Another reason to avoid posting, is that sometimes people post their own RMT with little knowledge and accept any suggestion that comes their way. This will only result in a negative experience for everyone involved.

• Continually doing this will result in harsher punishments. Simply take the hint and polish your knowledge by reading some articles.
  • Do NOT pretend to be an established battler/rater if you are not. This also comes under the “arrogance” rule, which generally applies to the entire section.
  • The forum has had an influx of people with little knowledge of competitive battling spreading bad advice and trying to prove themselves right with flawed logic or claimed damage calculations. From now on, this sort of thing will be punished and monitored very strictly and with great vigilance, and the punishments will be handed out swiftly.

3. Do NOT Troll/Flame the thread maker.

From now on, this too will be a very strictly enforced rule. If the thread is really that bad, report it! Reporting it requires very little effort and informs a Mod that a bad post has been made, and you save yourself a negative reputation and some infractions/warnings.

• SPAM also falls under this rule, however, it will also be applied to any bad/useless posts in general. All irrelevant posts will be deleted and infracted.
  • It’s not funny, and it’ll get you banned: infractions are being handed out faster than ever in this section: quite simply, you wont get away with it, and the pure trolling punishment earns you a permaban from the entire forum.

Failure to comply with these rules will earn you infraction points/warnings.

Filler post

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a weird idea that I haven't had time to test, but the numbers look promising-ish. I'll post it in my next RMT if it doesn't suck.

Porygon Z @ Chople Berry
Modest - Download
252 HP / 144 Defense / 104 Special Defense / 8 Special Attack

Tri-Attack
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting / Charge Beam
Recover

A common misconception is that Porygon Z is incredibly frail, when in reality its actually bulkier than Starmie and has just one weakness. The key to this set is Download and Recover. Download gives me a Special Attack boost when the defending pokemon has less Special Defense than physical. Zapdos, Swampert, Vaporeon (when Bold), Scizor, Skarmory etc. Most of the metagame is physically defensive, even mixed sweepers run Rash and Naive to avoid the physical hits they would take. When defensive stats are tied, I get a Special Attack boost by default (Lucario, Heatran, Kingdra, some Infernape etc).

I'm feeling lazy so I'll make this quick. Downloaded Tri-Attack will 2HKO Swampert while the other moves round off the coverage. Shadow Ball will beat Celebi while HP Fighting kills Heatran, Tyranitar and even physical Skarmory. The Special Attack isn't truly massive, but its still enough to OHKO frail pokes like Infernape and 2HKO bulky things. In other words, it does what it has to. Downloaded Tri-Attack hits harder than Mixape's LO Close Combat!

Porygon Z can take retaliatory hits fairly well. It is guarenteed survival against Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge, +1 LO Gyarados Waterfall, LO Infernape and Heatran Fire Blasts, Gengar Focus Blast and even +0 LO Lucario Close Combat AFTER Stealth Rocks. Obviously this will put Porygon Z near death but he is capable of OHKOing all of them back (with a download boost and in Heatran's case, 20% prior damage). This is nice in a pinch, but the reason for Recover is Porygon Z's fantastic ability to be 3-4HKOed by just about every bulky pokemon around. Celebi, Swampert, Skarmory, Zapdos, Vaporeon, Impish Skarmory, Spinner Starmie, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Cresselia, Magnezone, and Rotom all fail to 2HKO Porygon Z while you happily KO them back in one or two shots (even Cresselia is 2HKOed) Recover stalling when needed.

Porygon Z can 1-2HKO most of the metagame with almost no fear of a retaliatory OHKO from big sweepers while weaker walls barely break 30%.

EH?

**Charge Beam is an option to beat Blissey with (sort of) and also take on Specially Defensive Skarmory. Charge Beam will also bring Tri-Attacks power beyond anything else seen in OU after one boost, but at the cost of coverage (you can drop Shadow Ball too).

RedBladeMF

I have a Froslass that looks like this:

;478; Froslass @ Focus Sash / Bright Powder
Nature: Timid
EVs: 255 Speed , 255 HP
Ability: Snow coat
-Confuse Ray
-Hail
-Toxic
-Blizzard

Froslass' purpose in my team is very simply to piss off the opponent. It's moveset works on basically anyone but steel-types and perfect accuracy moves.

I kinda like this moveset. Here's how it works: First confuse ray. I probably attack first because of high speed. If the opponent hits despite confusion, Focus sash would guarantee two turns, but only work once. Then Hail, because it raises my evasion. With Bright powder which lowers the opponent's evasion, I would have slim chances getting hit. Then toxic, because the opponent suffers a lot of damage per turns in combination with hail and confuse ray. And finally Blizzard, because it deals 120 damage, with a STAB bonus for Ice-type and gets a 100 accuracy with Hail.

So the question is, is this moveset any good? And which is better: Focus Sash/Band, Bright powder, or something totally different?

That Frosslass would make a good annoyer. If you put him on a team with Abomasnow, then you can forgo Hail for Thunder Wave for more annoying people. Then you might have to replace Toxic, or just save it for those immune to paralysis. And yeah, go Bright Powder. It adds to the hax fun:)

Also, I have this great sneak attack Gengar set. Would it be good?

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid
Levitate
EVs: 252Spe, 252SpA, 4Spd
Moves:
-Counter
-Destiny Bond
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

The main job is to look like a sweeping Gengar by killing something with Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. Then when the opponent brings in their next Pokemon, I can hopefully pull out Counter (my first trap) and kill it, if it's a physical attacker. Then, with proper prediction, I can spring the final trap and take out something else with Destiny Bond. I have got all 3 kills before. Any way I could improve it? Any preferred teammate options?

cakedup

I want to see what everyone else thinks on which would be better for HAR.
My first pick was Honchkrow, but now that Dragonite has Extremespeed I think he would be better. This is for OU singles.

Honchkrow w/Super Luck and Life Orb
Lonely 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpA
Sucker Punch
Heat Wave
Roost
Brave Bird

Or

Dragonite with Life Orb
Lonely 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpA
Outrage/Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor
Fire Blast/Fire Punch
Roost
ExtremeSpeed

Neither of these are meant to be the main sweeper, just something to annoy my opponent with. I believe it should keep the pressure on my opponent

Hey! Remember me?

Personally, I believe that the best kind of hit-and-run Pokemon is one with U-Turn or Baton Pass. Still, out of these two Dragonite would make the better one. Run Outrage/Fire Blast/Roost/Extremespeed and you should be good.

xLilith

Genesis
If you're going to hit and run, why are you using Roost?

Outrage/Fire Blast/ExtremeSpeed is fine, but add Earthquake for the last spot so Heatran doesn't wall.

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
If you're going to hit and run, why are you using Roost?

Outrage/Fire Blast/ExtremeSpeed is fine, but add Earthquake for the last spot so Heatran doesn't wall.

You can't really hit-and-run with Outrage either. I think the best user of "hit-and-run" are choiced

He said he wanted it to be annoying, so I thought Roosting back to full health would be pretty annoying. Still, a choice set would be better for hit-n-run. Try Outrage/Earthquake/Superpower/Extremespeed