• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive UU Team

Final

I Submit to No One
I'm half way through making this Team.

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Overheat
U-Turn
Air Slash
Flamethrower

Not so standard Choice Scarf lead. This lead is designed to outspeed and KO opposing leads and as many opposing Pokemon as possible. With max Speed and max Special Attack, the majority of opposing leads are OHKOed. For any leads I can't take care of, I can use U-Turn to switch out and bring in a counter. Air Slash and Overheat are for STAB and Flamethrower is for later game sweeping.

Chansey @ Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Aromatherapy
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Seismic Toss

My Special Wall and status curing Cleric. This is an important part of the team whether it cripples my opponents with Paralysis, Cripples and beats down Special Attackers or supports the rest of the team with Aromatherapy and Thunder Wave. 252 Defense EVs maximize Chansey's Physically defensive potential and it helps. 252 Special Defense EVs allow Chansey to maximize its Special Walling capabilities.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Stealth Rock
Rest
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss

Registeel is great for not only being able to take even Super Effective Hits incredibly well, but also for being able to come in on almost anything with its many resistances and get Stealth Rock up. Rest is Registeel's only available recovery move but to be able to get the most out of it for this set, a Cleric is needed. I am using one on this team so I can get the most out of it. Max HP maximizes Registeel's Defensive potential and the beauty of it is that its Defenses can be EV'd to take hits better from either side of the spectrum. Even though it can still take Special hits well, I have a Special Wall to take them so I chose to be able to take Physical hits better. Thunder Wave slows down the opponent and can allow the rest of my team to pick them off.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

My Physical Wall and answer to anything that Chansey and Registeel can't handle. Physical Attackers are crippled thanks to Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split can be quite effective against bulkier opponents and Flamethrower and Thunderbolt provide good coverage for Weezing. Max HP and max Defense maximize Weezing's defensive potential. Black Sludge can (although unlikely) punish Trick users aiming to trade their Choice Item for Leftovers.

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Energy Ball

Excellent Speed, good Special Attack and decent movepool make Sceptile an amazing Choice Specs user. Leaf Storm is Sceptile's most reliable powerful STAB move that will destroy almost anything that doesn't have a resistance. Dragon Pulse gets rid of Dragons and Focus Blast is for Steel-Types. Energy Ball is there for a consistent STAB move and for later game Sweeping. Max Special Attack and Speed are kinda obvious for a set like this to outrun pretty much every unScarfed Pokemon in UU as well as being able to get KOs Sceptile's opponents.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish
Intimidate
252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe
Rapid Spin
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch

A Rapid Spinner that can serve as a utility of sorts. Rapid Spin gets rid of Stealth Rock that limits Moltres' capabilities and Spikes and Toxic Spikes that aim to ruin everyone else. Close Combat also serves as a Chansey killer and reliable STAB move. Sucker Punch punishes offensive Ghost Types for trying to block Rapid Spin. Stone Edge provides additional coverage against most Pokemon that would otherwise give Hitmontop trouble. Hitmontop has excellent defenses hampered by poor HP. The closest thing to fixing that is maxmizing its HP. The Speed EVs outrun the Speed that opposing Hitmontop aim at. They also outrun Neutral Base 60s and below. The remaining go into defense to make the most of Hitmontop's Defenses while still being able to outspeed other Hitmontop that aim to outspeed Base 60s and below.

Sceptile, Registeel and Moltres are already done. Any advice, criticism and whatnot is welcome.

Last edited:

golduck#1

I'm half way through making this Team.

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Overheat
U-Turn
Air Slash
Flamethrower

Not so standard Choice Scarf lead. This lead is designed to outspeed and KO opposing leads and as many opposing Pokemon as possible. With max Speed and max Special Attack, the majority of opposing leads are OHKOed. For any leads I can't take care of, I can use U-Turn to switch out and bring in a counter. Air Slash and Overheat are for STAB and Flamethrower is for later game sweeping.

Chansey @ Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Aromatherapy
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Seismic Toss

My Special Wall and status curing Cleric. This is an important part of the team whether it cripples my opponents with Paralysis, Cripples and beats down Special Attackers or supports the rest of the team with Aromatherapy and Thunder Wave. 252 Defense EVs maximize Chansey's Physically defensive potential and it helps. 252 Special Defense EVs allow Chansey to maximize its Special Walling capabilities.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Stealth Rock
Rest
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss

Registeel is great for not only being able to take even Super Effective Hits incredibly well, but also for being able to come in on almost anything with its many resistances and get Stealth Rock up. Rest is Registeel's only available recovery move but to be able to get the most out of it for this set, a Cleric is needed. I am using one on this team so I can get the most out of it. Max HP maximizes Registeel's Defensive potential and the beauty of it is that its Defenses can be EV'd to take hits better from either side of the spectrum. Even though it can still take Special hits well, I have a Special Wall to take them so I chose to be able to take Physical hits better. Thunder Wave slows down the opponent and can allow the rest of my team to pick them off.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

My Physical Wall and answer to anything that Chansey and Registeel can't handle. Physical Attackers are crippled thanks to Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split can be quite effective against bulkier opponents and Flamethrower and Thunderbolt provide good coverage for Weezing. Max HP and max Defense maximize Weezing's defensive potential. Black Sludge can (although unlikely) punish Trick users aiming to trade their Choice Item for Leftovers.

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Energy Ball

Excellent Speed, good Special Attack and decent movepool make Sceptile an amazing Choice Specs user. Leaf Storm is Sceptile's most reliable powerful STAB move that will destroy almost anything that doesn't have a resistance. Dragon Pulse gets rid of Dragons and Focus Blast is for Steel-Types. Energy Ball is there for a consistent STAB move and for later game Sweeping. Max Special Attack and Speed are kinda obvious for a set like this to outrun pretty much every unScarfed Pokemon in UU as well as being able to get KOs Sceptile's opponents.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish
Intimidate
252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe
Rapid Spin
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch

A Rapid Spinner that can serve as a utility of sorts. Rapid Spin gets rid of Stealth Rock that limits Moltres' capabilities and Spikes and Toxic Spikes that aim to ruin everyone else. Close Combat also serves as a Chansey killer and reliable STAB move. Sucker Punch punishes offensive Ghost Types for trying to block Rapid Spin. Stone Edge provides additional coverage against most Pokemon that would otherwise give Hitmontop trouble. Hitmontop has excellent defenses hampered by poor HP. The closest thing to fixing that is maxmizing its HP. The Speed EVs outrun the Speed that opposing Hitmontop aim at. They also outrun Neutral Base 60s and below. The remaining go into defense to make the most of Hitmontop's Defenses while still being able to outspeed other Hitmontop that aim to outspeed Base 60s and below.

Sceptile, Registeel and Moltres are already done. Any advice, criticism and whatnot is welcome.

Ok first this team is good, I am too lazy to figure out counters at this moment so I'll just list the improvements.

Chansey should always have max hp, and since you already have 2 physical walls whats the point of having it have max defense? Just amx out her hp and spD. You might also want toxic over t-wave for opposing chanseys and maybe the occasional switch in. But I have 2 t-wavers on my team and no toxicers as well but I just think toxic would be better suited.

You could always have HP fire on Sceptile for a little extra coverage and to take on the ever so annoying shaymin, plus HP fire helps against Regice and Registeel, even tho likely you wont be goign toe to toe with them there is always that chance, Altho this leaves you open the Altaria, but again HP fire is better IMO.

Now Weezing is great. I love that pokemon, I even use it in OU's because it is such a great asset to have. So IMO you should have Haze instead of Flamethrower/t-bolt because you can then get rid of set-upers. It helps alot trust me.

Final

I Submit to No One
Chansey should always have max hp, and since you already have 2 physical walls whats the point of having it have max defense? Just amx out her hp and spD. You might also want toxic over t-wave for opposing chanseys and maybe the occasional switch in. But I have 2 t-wavers on my team and no toxicers as well but I just think toxic would be better suited.

Maxing HP on Chansey just increases its ability to take Special hits a little better. 9% to be exact. Any Specs boosted Attack in UU can't even 2HKO Chansey with 0 HP / 252 SpD. With max HP and Special Defense, that doesn't really change. Pursuit from Honchkrow 2HKOs Chansey with 252 HP / 0 Def, OHKOing if it switches. With max Defense, Chansey is 2HKOed even if it switches. It makes a difference as I need Chansey for this team. As far as Toxic goes, it is predictable and Guts Ability Pokemon net a free boost with it while not getting crippled as much as with Thunder Wave. Residual damage does however help for longer games so I may consider Toxic.

You could always have HP fire on Sceptile for a little extra coverage and to take on the ever so annoying shaymin, plus HP fire helps against Regice and Registeel, even tho likely you wont be goign toe to toe with them there is always that chance, Altho this leaves you open the Altaria, but again HP fire is better IMO.

Focus Blast despite its shaky accuracy will still do a sizeable amount to Regice, Registeel and the like. I can still go toe-to-toe with Altaria with Dragon Pulse and losing it means I'll be walled by it with ease. If I were to opt for HP Fire, I would lose Focus Blast and not Dragon Pulse first as Heatran is banned in UU and won't be walling the set and because Fire + Dragon provides unresisted type coverage in UU.

Now Weezing is great. I love that pokemon, I even use it in OU's because it is such a great asset to have. So IMO you should have Haze instead of Flamethrower/t-bolt because you can then get rid of set-upers. It helps alot trust me.

I've seen Weezing in action and it shuts down almost any Physical Attacker that doesn't hold a Super-Effective move so I definately believe you on how good it is. Having Haze sounds like a good idea so I'll definately consider it.

Thanks for your input.

GIRATINAMASTER867

GIRATINA ROCKS!!!!!!
ok 1st i just wanna say taht i like yur team and it is good... BUT tehere are some serius problems w/ your strat...

1st of all why CHANSEY???? u should use bliss cuz not evolvng = NOOB STRAT plan + simple.

2nd u arent offensiv enough it is ok to have a few suport moves but u have WAY TOO MANY try giving weezing hyper beam instead of pain split (ain slpit is n00b never uderstood how it works lol) or mayb switch hitmontop w/ a stronger attaker i recomend giratina or arkrai use bad dreams to help set up w/ sweeping or have giratina tank 4 ur team but weezing is a good choice just need better moves is all ;436;

3rd seismic tss was only good in gen 3 and im guessing ur playing gen 4. TIMES HAVE CHANGED. also if u wanted switch chansey w/ metagross or garchomp for betr type coverage and no fight weakness.

5th and im sry its kinda obvius but registeel is uber so only n00bs use ubers so you should chaneg it.

anyway just my suggestions so good luck! :)

GIRATINAMASTER867

GIRATINA ROCKS!!!!!!
also sry for duble post but i just thoght of somethng... try skarmory instead of moltres ur moltres sis good but moltres is uber so is kinda n00b to use... many ppl wont take u seriously if they see u lead w/ an uber so just a sugestion...

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers
ok 1st i just wanna say taht i like yur team and it is good... BUT tehere are some serius problems w/ your strat...

1st of all why CHANSEY???? u should use bliss cuz not evolvng = NOOB STRAT plan + simple.
This is UU

2nd u arent offensiv enough it is ok to have a few suport moves but u have WAY TOO MANY try giving weezing hyper beam instead of pain split (ain slpit is n00b never uderstood how it works lol) or mayb switch hitmontop w/ a stronger attaker i recomend giratina or arkrai use bad dreams to help set up w/ sweeping or have giratina tank 4 ur team but weezing is a good choice just need better moves is all ;436;

This is UU

3rd seismic tss was only good in gen 3 and im guessing ur playing gen 4. TIMES HAVE CHANGED. also if u wanted switch chansey w/ metagross or garchomp for betr type coverage and no fight weakness.

This is UU

5th and im sry its kinda obvius but registeel is uber so only n00bs use ubers so you should chaneg it.

It is UU

anyway just my suggestions so good luck! :)

Smogon for you.

golduck#1

@Giritana. He cant use Blissy because it is a UU team, Blissy is OU and Chansey is UU meaning Chansey is the better option. Actually at all of your post it jsut makes no sense at all.

Final

I Submit to No One

Blissey is a OU and therefore banned from use in the UU Tier. I need a Special Wall that can also serve as a Cleric and Chansey just happens to be the one.

Hyper Beam is terrible. Flamethrower does more damage over 2 turns than what Hyper Beam does. Also learn the tiers. Giratina and Darkrai are Ubers and banned in standard play. What makes you think they can be used in UU?

No. Just no. Seismic Toss is the only offensive move Chansey really has that will do damage. Her Attack and Special Attack both suck. Even Pinsir has more Special Attack than Chansey and thats terrible and her Attack is one of if not the lowest in the game. Seismic Toss does a fixed damage amount and therefore the best choice for attack. Garchomp is an Uber and Metagross is OU. They're banned in UU.

WRONG!! Registeel is not an Uber. It is UU.

also sry for duble post but i just thoght of somethng... try skarmory instead of moltres ur moltres sis good but moltres is uber so is kinda n00b to use... many ppl wont take u seriously if they see u lead w/ an uber so just a sugestion...

No. Just no. Moltres is UU. Skarm is OU and therefore banned in UU. Not all Legendaries are Ubers. Moltres just happens to be one that isn't Uber.

Do your research before posting next time.