• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Competitive WiFi Team

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
So I hav used this team on pokemon showdown and got 5 straight wins and I am really starting to warm up to them:

Klefki@ Light Clay
Bold, Prankster
252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp.atk
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Spikes
-Dazzling Gleam

Rotom-W@ Chesto Berry
Timid, Levitate
252 sp.atk,252 spd, 4 hp
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Volt Switch
-Rest

Excadrill@ Life Orb
Adamant, Mold Breaker
252 atk,252 hp, 4 sp.def
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Venusaur@ Venusaurite
Timid, Chlorophyll
252 spd, 248 hp, 8 sp.atk
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Toxic
-Substitute

Aegislash@ Rocky Helmet
Brave, Stance Change
252 hp,252 atk,4 def
Speed IV:0
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

Noivern@ Choice Specs
Timid, Frisk
252 sp.atk, 252 spd, 4 sp.def
-Dragon Pulse
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower
-Switcheroo

I think this team looks decent on paper but ive seen some flaws such as
-I hav no fairy counter
-4 of my pokemon are weak to fire type moves
-3 of my pokemon are weak to ground type moves

I need help fixing these 3 flaws and if u spot any other flaws and dents in my team, feel free to inform me and tell me how I can fix them

Last edited:

chap196

For Klefki
I would not run Dazzling Gleam on it because its Special Attack isn't high. I would use Thunder Wave instead of Dazzling Gleam to annoy your opponent and slow them down. If you want an attacking move I might use Foul Play instead.

For Rotom Wash
I would actually use this EVs instead 252 HP/ 252 Def or Sp. Def/ 4 Def or Sp Def. This is because Rotom Wash is suppose to be a Wall and must survive a lot of hit . Without HP and Def or Sp.Def EVs it could easily die to a Super Effective Attack. Also Rotom Wash is not fast anyway and you want to annoy your opponent with Will-O-Wisp. I would also change its nature to either Calm or Bold.

For Aegislash
I would use Lum Berry, Leftover or Weakness Policy instead of Rocky Helmet as Rocky Helmet is not that useful and Lum Berry can prevent it from getting Status Condition while Leftover can heal it. Weakness Policy increases its attack by 2 Stages if it gets hit by a Super Effective move making it able to OHKO a lot of Pokemon without using Sword Dance.

Hope this help

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
I switched up my team a bit and they mostly win. I recently got a come from behind victory(in my signature)

I replaced Excadrill with
Hitmontop@ Leftovers
Adamant, Intimidate
252 hp, 64 atk, 192 speed
-Rapid Spin
-Bullet Punch
-Close Combat
-Toxic

I replaced aegislash with
Tyranitar@ Leftovers
Jolly, Sand Stream
252 atk, 252 spd, 4 hp
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

I replaced klefki's dazzling gleam with thunder wave

Switched Noivern's Choice specs with a scarf and replaced air slash with hurricane(if hurricane consistently misses then i will switch back to air slash)

Changed venusaur's moveset to
Leech Seed
Giga drain
Sludge Bomb
Synthesis
And changed evs to 252hp, 72 sp atk, 24 spd, rest in sp def

Changed rotoms evs to 252 hp, 132 sp atk, 124 sp, def

backwardinduction

Yeah with Venusaur, you shouldn't have trouble with most of the fairy types bar mega-mawile, but your noivern can just outspeed and flamethrower it.

KillerDraco

Back up a second.

Why on earth would you give a Noivern a Scarf over Specs? Noivern has a great speed tier, only being outsped by a small number of unboosted Pokemon. Yeah, it may be able to outspeed certain +1 Pokemon with a Scarf, but the lack of power really hurts it; unboosted base 97 Special Attack leaves a lot to be desired. Scarf's only real niche is revenge-killing things like Dragonite or Zygarde after a DD.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Back up a second.

Why on earth would you give a Noivern a Scarf over Specs? Noivern has a great speed tier, only being outsped by a small number of unboosted Pokemon. Yeah, it may be able to outspeed certain +1 Pokemon with a Scarf, but the lack of power really hurts it; unboosted base 97 Special Attack leaves a lot to be desired. Scarf's only real niche is revenge-killing things like Dragonite or Zygarde after a DD.

Usually I just switcheroo it to the opposing pokemon. Frisk really helps me to scout for items. I chose scarf over specs because noivern does better at outspeeding than tanking a special attack. Im new to competitive play though so this may not be the best noivern decision

KillerDraco

I chose scarf over specs because noivern does better at outspeeding than tanking a special attack.

...What? Choice Specs has nothing to do with tanking. Choice Specs boosts the power of Special Attacks by 50%, while locking the user into that attack. In other words, it gives you a huge boost in power at the expense of the ability to switch attacks without switching out.

You can also still Switcheroo Choice Specs onto something that hates them (Support Pokemon, physical sweepers, etc.). Plus, if you don't Switcheroo Specs, you still get the boost in power, while the boost in Speed from Scarf is unnoticeable by a significant portion of Pokemon. In addition, Priority still circumvents speed, and considering Noivern attracts priority attacks often, you'll find that Scarf doesn't give you much bang for your buck.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
...What? Choice Specs has nothing to do with tanking. Choice Specs boosts the power of Special Attacks by 50%, while locking the user into that attack. In other words, it gives you a huge boost in power at the expense of the ability to switch attacks without switching out.

You can also still Switcheroo Choice Specs onto something that hates them (Support Pokemon, physical sweepers, etc.). Plus, if you don't Switcheroo Specs, you still get the boost in power, while the boost in Speed from Scarf is unnoticeable by a significant portion of Pokemon. In addition, Priority still circumvents speed, and considering Noivern attracts priority attacks often, you'll find that Scarf doesn't give you much bang for your buck.

Ok that makes sense, people would want to use priority moves like the dangerous ice shard on noivern considering how few pokemon outspeed it. I think I will go back to specs, considering how i have the option to go for a boosted move or switcheroo.